Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Unhappy Firefox is not saving my tabs on close

No matter how many times I make sure that the "Show my windows and tabs from last time" option is checked, and no matter how many addons I disable/enable, it forgets all my tabs and starts at my homepage EVERY TIME. It's quite maddening!

Something must have been toggled in about:config, right? That's the only thing I can think of. Or my profile got all messed up. Anyways, any ideas on how to fix this, aside from a complete reinstall?

P.S. inb4 "use Chrome". I'd love to use Chrome but Chrome has this issue where it messes up HTML and/or forum code as I edit it, so until they fix that issue, it's not an option :nibbles:

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just to double check, in about:config, is the setting "browser.startup.homepage" set to 3? You are also making sure you exit the browser with everything open, rather than closing all the windows one by one?

Have you tried with a new firefox profile and/or clean install to see if it still does the same thing?
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by crono_logical View Post
    Just to double check, in about:config, is the setting "browser.startup.homepage" set to 3? You are also making sure you exit the browser with everything open, rather than closing all the windows one by one?

Have you tried with a new firefox profile and/or clean install to see if it still does the same thing?
    Yes to the first two questions. As for the last, I got tired of dealing with the problem so I just completely uninstalled/reinstalled Firefox and it works now Thanks though!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo

Okay, never mind, it's started doing it again. The fresh reinstall only lasted a few days, apparently.

In addition, the "Restore Previous Session" button that usually shows up when I open Firefox appears to be glitched:

firefox_wat.png