Thread: The Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default The Rise of the Planet of the Apes

This movie was surprisingly good. I didn't see a thread for this soooo yeah. Also why does tom felton always play a jerk?

I felt bad for the poor monkies! I heard that this one did so well though that they plan on making another prequel, a sequel to the prequel of planet of the apes. James franco is just . He is so weird but he's so awesome at the same time.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I agree that it was surprisingly good. I loved the apes preparing and kicking ass, and that fight on the bridge was great. When it was over I did want to see more, so I would probably see a sequel.

Caesar > Franco.

So now the apes will evolve further in the forest - and the generations to come will keep growing and encroaching, though I think the addition of the disease a la I Am Legend was a good touch to explain how there would be less resistence from humans when they do decide to take over.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    So now the apes will evolve further in the forest - and the generations to come will keep growing and encroaching, though I think the addition of the disease a la I Am Legend was a good touch to explain how there would be less resistence from humans when they do decide to take over.
    I assume the 'disease' also spread to other apes around the world making them intelligent as well, which is why it showed new york in the ending as the destination of the disease.

I felt bad for the poor monkies
    They are not monkies, they are apes

Also I was the only one in the cinema who laughed at the "damn dirty ape" line.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 08-16-2011 at 09:47 PM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

I groaned almost as much as when the Tim Burton version of Planet came up with Damn dirty human...

Not a disease, they just copycat each other, communicate, teach each other and get intelligent. I'd like to see what happened to those guys in the original ones that landed on another planet of apes.
    ~I am the Aeon of will and strength, I protect my beloved and that's all I wish to be needed to do~

Well, even though it's a movie (series) with a talking chimp, that doesn't seem plausible, as common apes that live around humans don't get smart enough - maybe they crossbreed and don't need the gas, since Caesar was born smart.

Blog Entries

They wouldn't need the gas directly since it can be transmitted airborne, like how the scientist spread it to the pilot. Though cross breeding and spreading isnt too implausible.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Breaker View Post
    I'd like to see what happened to those guys in the original ones that landed on another planet of apes.
    I dont quite understand this statement, what do you mean?
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Breaker View Post
    Not a disease, they just copycat each other, communicate, teach each other and get intelligent. I'd like to see what happened to those guys in the original ones that landed on another planet of apes.
    You mean the original movie with Charlton Heston? This was a prequel to that very story. I'm not sure what more they could do with the ending of the original, which was pretty great and didn't really leave anything to tie up.

I hope by the sequel, we'd get more talking apes. Andy Serkis should reprise his role as Caesar. Dunno who would be voicing the orangutan though, but it is kind of exciting to see how this will become.
    Not a martyr. Not a prophet.

Invincible

Articles
    Blog Entries

Morgan Freeman. He was the Morgan Freeman Orangutan.

Morgan freeman? or James Earl Jones? You decide!

Invincible

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

He was my favorite monkey because he was a smart monkey without any special meds. He just knew sign language already. What a bamf.

My dad wants to see this. Too bad we've got no money. Have to wait until a free copy is available at the library four years from now.

I liked Planet of the Apes. I know a lot of people hated it. I think my dad did too, but he still sees promise in this sprequel... I didn't realize it was supposed to be a prequel.

More or less its a reboot of the original series.

this film was enjoyable to watch with friends. I'm hoping the sequel expands on this and the deleted scenes be shown on dvd. I never got to see (SPOILER)caesar saving cornellia from the facility.

Invincible