Thread: wow big dissapointment...

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Default wow big dissapointment...

So I finally got off my lazy butt and decided to replay Fallout 3. I only played once and got seriously addicted to it however I never finished the story to it. So starting over I did my playthrough. And needless to say I was pretty stoked to do many of the sidequests and actually finish the story. I was even more stoked getting to follow Liberty Prime to the purifier at the jefferson memorial. I mean come on it was a badass robot that wiped the enclaves butt for them and so as I'm following and reach the memorial site and I'm instructed to go in I was very enthusiastic about a big ass fight fixing to break out. No what happens? You go in, kill a feew enclave soldiers and fight colonel autumn who was extremly easy even on very hard difficulty. Then the ending event happen which I found to be such a bad way to end it after such a high energy sequence prior to it. Anyone agree?

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Blog Entries

I appreciated the ending. I think the story led up to it well enough. It fits both the genre and the series. It was dramatic. Good enough for me.
    Besides, the thing I kinda liked best about the older fallout games was how you could almost beat the game without firing a gun if you chose to be a more intelligent, eloquent character. There was a little more forced combat in Fallout 3, I think, than I wanted (even though I very much expected it, and despite that there were some situations from which you could go in and get out without lifting a finger. Sneaking in Fallout 3 is really hard though). And a big boss battle would've confirmed the matter-over-mind situation that I didn't really care about.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Liam O'Brian, get OUT OF MY HEAD

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I don't really remember or care about what happened in the purifier. Hell, I forgot about Colonel Autumn's existence until your post. The monumental red-stomping awesomeness that was Liberty Prime was fantastic and is all I think of when someone says "Fallout 3 ending" to me.

Communism is the very definition of failure.