Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Year!

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Exactly. And what Del mentioned is just one of a number of methods they could use to avoid a system that can be abused. I wasn't saying that SE is the lone greedy company on the mmo scene, but the other companies' greed doesn't make SE's greed any less annoying or, well, greedy. People just throw money at Blizzard, etc. Actually, the point I was making was that it's not so much the companies setting the price as the consumers being willing to pay the price that makes the situation sustainable (and more annoying for those not willing to pay so much). Some newer MMORPGs, like Rift, don't charge anything for world transfers. Their economy is not any worse (or any better) for having free transfers.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, it's not SE's fault that enough people are willing to pay that price so that it is sustainable.

I think I'd still pay the $25 to get together with you guys as part of some grand reunion if enough of you joined in (including Ouch! and Ome, that's a deal breaker).

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Del's suggestion isn't perfect either, really. All you need is multiple characters, and/or multiple accounts. Currently, there is already a 90 day cooldown on server transfers, that doesn't stop an RMTer from Server A to send one of his mules to Server B instantly, sell an item, profit, and sell this profit for real money to a player on Server B. Well, except that real money trade isn't as huge now anymore. It was not too long ago.

The fee is not terribly high, and server transfers aren't exactly something you should need to do often, but I am sure there are some server-hoppers who are very glad that they didn't have to wait a whole year to swap servers again.

I'm not a rich person at all, and I've server transfered twice over the course of three years. Would it be cool if it was free? Sure, but I think the current situation is reasonable, considering what it is designed to prevent.

Also, you should all come to Sylph!
    Last edited by Mirage; 11-19-2011 at 09:51 AM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Default On one condition...

I will consider rejoining on the condition that Square Enix release another full expansion on par with Chains of Promathia or Treasures of Aht Urhgan.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So never.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Default Never say never.

Yeah, pretty much.

I got a service rep to transfer my PlayOnline ID from my old to my new Square Enix Account. Boy was that a headache! They said it'd take 2 weeks to do, which sounds to me like 95% of that time will be Facebook'ing. I can't imagine it'd really take them that long to do something so easy like that.

Still up in the air whether I will load 'er up again. Maybe for a month and see how it goes. I have been kind of interested in getting a few jobs to level 99 and doing more content.

Apparently they remastered the openining pre-rendered movie for the game. So that's opened up major speculation about them possibly sprucing up the graphics engine to coincide with the Vita release.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Default Two weeks my left nut.

They gave me the same timeframe on restoring my character after I'd deleted it in a misguided effort to prevent me from rejoining the game.

It took them the whole two weeks.