Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12425256575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXI Day 5: Silent Night

No lovers don't talk to each other. That's only reserved to masons, mafia and cult.

Going by the wiki some variations allow for lovers to communicate but it is not a staple.

I don't see what a Doctor needs to protect us from now unless they have a general roleblocking/cult-curing property. Mind you there has been no signs of a cult yet.

Inactives get replaced so even non-posting people like Kefka and Sephiroth must be doing something. Where is Gilgamesh too? I want everyone out here so let's get some pressure votes spread out and add some pressure.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For clarity, Lovers would speak to each other. In fact during ff heroes Mafia I was a Lover and we had our own forum.

This is neither confirming nor denying anything but it's just a fact and role confusion has been crazy this game considering it's all been fairly standard thus far.

Vote count?

##UNVOTE: Kefka
    ##VOTE: Gilgamesh

I think we had three votes on Kefka and I'm a big fan of smurf that.

I believe it's time for all of us to reveal our roles.

Remember 7 is the magical majority number so a cult of 4 needs 3 previous votes on someone to bandwagon. Since no one out of 6 tried to jump on the bandwagon for Kefka it is another thing in favor of NO cult.

Not bloody likely because it wouldn't do a lick of good right now when the suspect list for cult leader is 8 strong. What are you going to claim, Brahne, vanilla?

I guess there's no harm in telling now that the mafia is dead. I'm the mother smurfing princess. Sorry if I get night killed.

I think roleclaiming is the only way to find out the cult leader though.

There's no reason to buy anyone's claims at the moment.

Perhaps I rushed a bit with my roleclaim. But anyways even if I'm killed it's still beneficial since Seymour gets 2 investigations faster. Anyway I still don't buy the lovers crap, but since Rajin turned innocent that only leaves Fujin.

They can still be lovers albeit having opposing alignments, they've stated their method of winning is making it to the end. Your roleclaim is strange for a Serial Killer setup and useless for proving yourself in a slow overtaking by cult. I agree the double investigation may be useful but Seymour could be killed too.

Mafia Townsperson [M] Harry - Dad's Dad's Avatar

Well I gave it some thought and decided to be a little more forthcoming, since the mafia is dead and all I don't know if my role is useful anymore. That and my previous post hinting at a role kind of ruins the laying low thing anyway, and people tend to overanalyze things in town discussion.

I'm a White Mage. Notice how a couple of nights there weren't any town kills? Well. Maybe that could have been Raijin, but I like to think that it was just me being awesome and protecting two people at the same time. (For those of you not familiar with the White Mage role, I choose one person to protect each night, and that protection lasts for two nights.) I like to stay quiet and out of the way. It's a powerful role and it would suck if I died. So I also protected myself from time to time.

What I think of our situation:

Lovers are an independent faction. As in, not a town faction. They could be the reason the game is still running. Either way, I don't like them.

Cult is unlikely. As someone mentioned earlier, if the cult leader recruited every night, the cult would have had plenty of opportunities to end the day by now.

"Innocent" and "town" are two different words

And they even have a killing role to off people during the night. Wait a second...weren't the lovers of a previous game going to hold the game up should they outlive the mafia? Someone go check the Mafia archive, I'm too lazy to.