Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 610111213141516171819202122263666 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXI Day 5: Silent Night

Mafia Townsperson [M] Greg - Hot Dad's Avatar

Ugh, sorry I'm so late to the party, but I'll let you know my thoughts so far, ya know?

Ok, so, straight away I didn't like Golbez. Why? 'Cause I like discussion. Discussion is the only power that vanilla townies have. It gives us the opportunity to prove ourselves as town members, and gives scum the opportunity to make mistakes and show their true selves. Sure I may not have posted yet, but I hope to contribute more in this post than some will not do in 10...

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Golbez View Post
    I jumped on the band wagon that would allow us to move the day along more quickly >:C I feel bad about voting to lynch Seifer (even though I never liked him), because I think 'What if he's not Mafia' and I helped eliminate some innocent individual. This is the round where 99% of the time a random individual must be lynched because we have absolutely nothing to go on except 'so and so doesn't talk must be mafia trying to lay low!'.
    Here we have Golbez explaining that he jumped on the bandwagon so that day one would hurry up and end. How does this make any sense? Sure, we don't know much on day one as we have no other days to compare it to, but the least you can do is get discussion going so that day one is a valuable day that we can look back on. I'm not saying Golbez is scum, but we need townies who are helping the town, not hindering it.

The next person who got on my nerves for stifling discussion was Sephiroth. Sure day one had gone on with little useful discussion, but a great time to create discussion and get people to talk, presuming they're around, is when their head is on the chopping block. When you've got a 50/50 vote like that, let them plead their case, maybe they'll give some information that would help the town, who knows. The least you could have done was give the smallest reason for choosing one person or the other, instead of just saying the day needed to end.

I'm not liking either of you two right now, but I'd like to see if you have any more to say for yourselves before I go planting any votes.

Oh and before I go to dinner, if Orphan really is a nuclear reactor/bomb. Remember that with a bomb, there is often a bomb/nuclear reactor technician.
    It's worth keeping in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Kuja View Post
    often a bomb/nuclear reactor technician.
    OCCASIONALLY.

ROLECLAIM?

No not roleclaim, and I'm not asking people to roleclaim either.

Necron wonders what the vote count looks like. Necron thinks this is a slow lynch for a townie.

Necron thinks scum would want to either:
    Pile on a townie Golbez because what is an innocent to them as long as a guy is innocent
    Try to deflect the pressure on scum Golbez by jumping on the wagon for someone else

Necron feels scum must be too smart to do the first option because it is too obvious. Necron thinks scum may not have be sharp enough to avoid the wisdom and thus folly of the second option. Necron has not looked yet because Necron is mostly asleep but that is about to change.

By Your Command Recognized Member [M] Mom – Host's Avatar
    Blog Entries

[1] Gilgamesh - Jihl Nabaat

[4] Golbez - Rajin, Bartandelus, Orphan, unvoted

[2] Kefka - Gilgamesh, Unvoted

[1] Hojo - Necron

[2] Orphan - Fujin, Queen Brahne

[1] Raijin - Hojo

[1] Judge Gabranth *

[1] Seifer *

[1] Jenova *

[1] Kuja *

[1] Zeromus *

[1] Sephiroth *

[1] Jecht *

*Unvoted

Necron wondered if you counted poorly formatted ##VOTE tags.

Necron thought the situation looked little more dire, but sees very little of what Necron had been hoping to see. Necron noticed Queen Brahne expressed interest in the SephirothxGolbez angle but never pursued it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Necron View Post

Necron thought the situation looked little more dire, but sees very little of what Necron had been hoping to see. Necron noticed Queen Brahne expressed interest in the SephirothxGolbez angle but never pursued it.
    I just skimmed through them, if someone wants to point out that they have voted then they can feel free to do so, though I am pretty sure I got them all.

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Necron View Post

I'm was going to vote for Golbez (at least that way the truth about Sephy will also be revealed). However I would like to know what Orphan meant first.
    He claimed nuclear reactor but that's highly unlikely considering the recent roles. And he said that he had not paid much attention to the game thread so that doesn't do him much justice either.

Also we shouldn't count the unvoted because it makes it a bit confusing.

If Orphan wants to be spared my vote he must come and explain himself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Queen Brahne View Post
    Also we shouldn't count the unvoted because it makes it a bit confusing.
    The rules are the rules, think of it as a reminder to vote.

We have to vote? Oh trout, that's right. I'll just throw this out here because I'm still clueless as hell on whats going on here.

##VOTE: Kuja

Please think this through Jecht. It's not day 1 anymore.

OK guys, sorry about yesterday, I ended up working overtime and was totally exhausted when I got home, so, needless to say, I went straight to bed. However, now I've had a full night's sleep and I am ready to get this discussion in full swing, although I am sure that the day will be ending soon.

It's terrible that we lost our Cop and our Role Blocker all in one night, but we can't dwell on such tragedies, we must push forward for the truth.

As Queen Brahne stated, in Persona 4 Mafia, the serial killer (as well as other roles) had to meet certain conditions and was rewarded with a night kill when they were met. I believe the serial killer had to get other players to type backwards to earn his night kill, which he succeeded in doing. When I saw that Gilgamesh was typing so weirdly it raised my suspicions that he maybe trying to get someone else to do the same. I looked through the thread and noticed that at least one player (Queen Brahne) purposely mimiced his typing style in an attempt to show him how distracting it can be. There were also others who quoted Gilgamesh and so had the same typing style in their replies. I, of course, can't really say he has a task or if he even completed it, but I can say that he was typing strangely, at least one person mimiced him on purpose, and we have two night kills perpetrated on us Night 1. This is why I have voted the way I did. If Gilgamesh has a different reason for needing to meet a condition that's Pro Town, then maybe he can explain himself better.

Also, I looked it up and read that when a Lynchee is night killed the Lyncher becomes a regular Townie and wins when Town wins, so this is good for us. The fact that Ultros was a Mason Lynchee suggests that he was recruited as a Mason rather than starting out as one which would indicate that the Mason recruiter is still alive and able to recruit, which is great for Town. I am definitely not suggesting a Mason should role-claim or anything, definitely keep it to yourself, I am just saying all is not lost for the Town.

One other thing; Barthandelus made a giant post that essentially said that what a player says or how he/she says it may or may not indicate guilt. He accuses Golbez of not contributing anything of substance to the discussion and yet doesn't contribute much of anything himself. It is true that Gilgamesh's strange posts could mean nothing, and Sephiroth's vote change to end the day doesn't necessarily mean he is scum, but we are here to weed out Mafia and the only thing we can go on is what players post. So, we must scrutinize everything that is said, otherwise we will go nowhere and we will all die.