Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1040505455565758596061626364656670 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia XXI Day 5: Silent Night

We can win with any faction so long as we're both still alive. If the mafia had killed enough townies to win, we would have won also. The same thing if the Cult wins. We've chosen to throw our goals in with the town because the town has the numbers.

Wait

Quote Originally Posted by [M] Necron View Post
    We flip out hunting for the cult while lynching people one after another until you start killing people again?
    I like this idea better. While you guys worry about a cult, tonight I'll kill Necron. Way to be an epic jerk, jerk

But you know what, lynch me. Just lynch me. Then tomorrow, when the game is still going, you can try and lynch a cultist. If you're lucky, you'll get one! Too bad the leader can then recruit another one of you innocent little townies. Tying all the cultists together and then systematically lynching and night killing them is the only way I see any of us winning this stupid thing.

Here are a few scenarios:
    CULT 1
    We kill Fujin and Raijin dies with his Serial Killer girlfriend. We were wrong, they were town, and we are down more townies. By the next day there's 5 Cult, 6 Town, pretty dangerous endgame. We then have to play a hard game as town and kill cult every time, especially the leader, before it's lights out. Best case scenario: 13=4C+9T -> 11=5C+6T -> 10=5C+5T -> SCREWED

CULT 2
    We let Fujin and Raijin live because we trust them and do not want to lower our numbers anymore than they are already. Fujin may be recruited and shoot us all in our sleep. Fujin may shoot a cultist or cult leader while our lynchings go perfectly. Fujin may shoot a townie and put us in jeopardy. No math since it variates depending if Fujin kills or not and if she is recruited or not and if we get lucky or not. This is the biggest gamble I see.

SERIAL KILLER 1
    We kill Fujin and Raijin dies with his Serial Killer girlfriend. Game over, everyone goes home. I wanted to say it could be Raijin=SK and Fu could be innocent, but Seymour got a result. Could be a naive cop, but we will see when we cross that bridge. 13=1SK+12T -> 12=12T

SERIAL KILLER 2
    IT WAS SOMEONE ELSE ALL ALONG and we have to hunt his ass down and we can do this. It does not matter if we take out Fujin and Raijin because the SK will get to it anyways to protect himself from a vigilante nightkill. 13=1SK+12T -> 12=1SK+11T -> 11=1SK+10T ->...

Been typing this while caffeinated out of my head and since I posted my last post so I might have missed something. My math could be horribly wrong and I can't think. Comment.

Seymour isn't naive, he got a guilty verdict on Seifer.

You also forgot the alternative mentioned early, whereby I just out all the cultists after being recruited and town goes home happy.

Also, the Cult is usually capped at four members. Usually.

Hey man, play as you do but a townie has to win as a townie, I gotta play the hand I'm dealt and I'm distinctly not Fujin. Look at it from my shoes and tell me where I went wrong. You should have kept shooting in the first place personally because you're a damn lucky shot.

Seymour's results suck then and are random then is a possibility then instead of naive. But the original idea is that he's trustworthy and we can believe Raijin is innocent but we don't know that about you.

Is that allowed, the backstabbing thing? I know the usurper has to do that, but what about cult? If your role's goal supersedes being a cultist, I guess that works. I'm honest when I say that's asking a lot of trust for me to believe that is how the role works.

I don't know how cults work. Usually.

I guess I should apologise for calling you a jerk. You're not all bad!

I just knew today would have Rajin and I in the hotseat and if I had shot a townie last night, it would have definitely been game over for us. At least this way we could try and argue our case. Going on a bender didn't really aid our case but it was just so depressing. All I want to do is live in peace with my lovely Rajin

I am not really convinced that there is a Cult yet. Rajin claims to be a Doctor, but that would really be screwed up for Town if it's Doctor was also one half of the lovers as it would compromise his role. Just because Seymour says he is innocent doesn't mean he isn't still lying about his Townie role. Also, just because there was no night kill last night doesn't mean that a night kill wasn't attempted.

I did say I didn't target anyone, but if you think I'm lying there Jihl, that's fine.

I should also say that if Seymour investigated me, he would get a guilty verdict. I'm a "bad guy", but I do not believe I have to be dead for the town to win. That would effectively mean Rajin and I were never going to win, no matter what, and I'd be one unhappy maniac

I can backstab whoever I like. If I became a Cultist I would bring them down from the inside because I'm suffering some real bad PMS right now and it JUST MAKES ME SO ANGRY.

SO IF THERE IS A CULT WHO IS IT? Let's get a list:

[M] Hojo - maybe a recruit
    [M] Fujin - maybe a recruit
    [M] Rajin - maybe a recruit
    [M] Necron - not me from my perspective, could be the leader, could be recruit
    [M] Kuja - could be a recruit
    [M] Zeromus - could be the leader, could be a recruit
    [M] Sephiroth - could be the leader, could be a recruit
    [M] Kefka - could be the leader, could be a recruit
    [M] Jihl Nabaat - could be the leader, could be a recruit
    [M] Seymour - could be a recruit tomorrow
    [M] Jecht - could be the leader, could be a recruit
    [M] Queen Brahne - could be the leader, could be a recruit
    [M] Gilgamesh - could be the leader, could be a recruit

What we are after is obviously the leader. That list is:

[M] Necron
    [M] Zeromus
    [M] Sephiroth
    [M] Kefka
    [M] Jihl Nabaat
    [M] Jecht
    [M] Queen Brahne
    [M] Gilgamesh

Great 8 people, can we narrow that down any I'm taking all suggestions because unless the odds are good it looks like I'm pissing off someone with a gun.

...Are vigilantes normally guilty?

My role isn't "vigilante" so much as it was Lover (Killer). I didn't want to say that because everyone will jump up and down and say "you're the serial killer you're a bad guy you must die now kthxbai". That is why I'd get a guilty result.

But c'mon guys a person can change I turned my killing abilities to the pursuit of goodness and freedom for the town Why can't we break down these shackles and all live together in harmony?

Can't believe you Jihl you might be a cultist.

Someone's gotta come out and say they are the Doctor if you want me to believe our Vig/SK tried to kill someone last night. I don't see how anyone but the Doc could roleblock Fujin. If a roleclaimer wants to claim they did just that then let's see him come out so we can string up Fujin. The odds of this having happened is incredibly impossible.

I have to be absentee for a while, got washing and cooking to do like a good waifu. I leave my fate in your hands and hope that you can at least put some faith in me. Together we can take down this Cult menace.

Good luck.

Your colors determine your guilt but that's for you to know. As I see it that means you have a killing ability but I don't know how green or red or yellow or darkbrowngreywhatever that makes you. Nothing can change your alignment save for a dirty cultist so if you are what is traditionally red/yellow, you can only win with Raijin when we are all dead.

The problem I'm having is that there doesn't seem to be much evidence of a Cult, unless Kefka is the Cult Leader and never bothered to play and therefore never recruited anyone. I guess it wouldn't hurt to look through the thread to see if I can detect any bandwagoning against hapless Townies.