Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The thread of discussing my stupid cars and how I waste my

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

As I recall you came back with a second place finish earlier this season, a spot in an invitational final race, and a lot of knowledge. Also came back knowing that even after a few years of not racing you haven't lost the ambition or the aptitude.

My tireless cheer and encouragement is gonna wear you down, dammit.

Signature by rubah. I think.

I don;t like racing much but Sharky make me want to reconsider my opinion!

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

NNOOO!!! The encouragement! It buuurrnnss!!!

The person in charge of the camera forgot it, but I'll see if I can't find some pictures. Time to work on the cars over the winter.

EDIT: Here's one picture. I scanned and cropped it from a calendar but it's still fairly clear. You can see me leading the Integra that eventually won. We were close all weekend, I just wish I didn't get messed up in the beginning so I could have raced him more. :P

(SPOILER)
    Last edited by sharkythesharkdogg; 11-11-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Thread necro, ACTIVATE!!

I have another race coming up the last weekend in March. Let's see how it goes.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oooh, nice. Take pictures and junk! Win for EoFF!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

D'you reckon we could buy some ad space on your car?

For the right amount of cash I'd put a picture of a giant chocobo on the hood of my car.

We have the camera this time, so if it works, you might even get to see a video of me getting passed!

I'm heading out. Have a good weekend, EOFF.

Blog Entries

Good luck, bro!

Blog Entries

So how many times do you need to win the Sunday Cup in order to sell off your 100 prize Mazda Demios and enter the Clubman Cup with a clapped out Honda Prelude?

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

I'll have to get my subie into this!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    For the right amount of cash I'd put a picture of a giant chocobo on the hood of my car.

We have the camera this time, so if it works, you might even get to see a video of me getting passed!

I'm heading out. Have a good weekend, EOFF.
    Guys we should all pool our resources and put our forum avatars all over Sharky's car.

Also, good luck!

Blog Entries

I would love to get Fluttershy on sharky's car.

I am home and exhausted. I have some pictures, maybe a video.

For the first race, I had to use old tires for qualifying and it was drizzling. Sliding around meant I qualified 5th in my class. Not the greatest, but challenges are fun. At the beginning of the race, I had a great start and worked my way up to first place. Then at around lap 3, second place gave me a bit of a "tap" and put me off course. Since the race had just started it meant all the cars were still grouped up together. Pretty much the whole group went by, including every car in my class, before I could get back on course. I spent the rest of my leg of the race driving as fast and mistake free as I could manage. I knew I was slowly reeling the lead cars. By the time I came in for the mandatory pit stop I'd managed to work my way back to 3rd in class, and it was dad's turn to drive. While he strapped in, I quickly explained how he'd be coming out of the pits right behind 1st and 2nd. I'd put him in a great spot, and he came out motivated. Within a few laps he managed to get into the lead. The racing was close. Unfortunately dad made a mistake on the last lap, and both 2nd and 3rd place got by. It would have been great to say we fought back from last to first, but it wasn't meant to be. By the end of the day, our race tires were starting to get pretty tired and loose.

The second race qualifying went more as expected. I decided to use our race tires and crack off a quick time before I used the tires up too much more. I had a pretty big off in qualifying before the tires warmed up, but I did get in the quick time and qualified first in class. During the race, I had another good start. I put a few more cars between myself and the second place car in my class. I stuck with some cars from a faster class, and used the draft to expand my lead. Soon enough, I could feel my tires start to fade away. I had to adapt my strategy at that point. I spent the rest of my leg of the race trying to turn steady times of 1:58's. I knew from qualifying that 2nd and 3rd were both having issues turning times faster than that. I hoped that even if I couldn't expand the gap anymore, running steady times would maintain the lead I had.

I came into the pits and warned dad that the tires were getting very loose, and he went out. Dad likes his car set up differently from me, and so if it was loose to me, the car was very loose for him. I sat and watched as second and third place slowly closed the gap over the final laps, but it was too little too late. Dad crossed the finish line a healthy fifty feet in front of second place to give us the win.

The camera only worked for the second race, and that's the race where I really didn't run that great of a race, but I'll try to get it and the pictures loaded up here soon.

Blog Entries

Yay! First place.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Woooooooooooo

Signature by rubah. I think.