Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The thread of discussing my stupid cars and how I waste my

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Well, there's another race coming up this weekend. Charlotte Motor Speedway. We'll be taking dad's car along as well. It's still a long ways from perfect, but we hope to make some progress getting it tested and happy this weekend.

It'll be my first night race. I'm interested.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

i'm so excited that I finally get to watch you race.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Uh, excuse me? You're banned from my state. Especially from the Queen City. Ashton can race for you.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Uh, excuse me? You're banned from my state. Especially from the Queen City. Ashton can race for you.
    Oh, I will race. and I will lose! And probably wreck the car.

and my reason will be, because megan told me to.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

So long as you do it with style, all is forgiven.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yayyyy. I can't wait. Will you be able to get more video?

I'm back! We had some snags, but the weekend went pretty well. I qualified second in my class for the first race, behind the same guy that beat me last time I went to this track.

I managed to get around the first place car in my class, a Honda CRX, and from there I put away some quick laps to open up the gap. I had to dodge several incidents, but managed to come home with a win. There were a few close calls, so hopefully they show up on the video.

That gave me a lock on the points championship for my race series in my class, and so we were happy.

My dad's car was having some running issues during qualifying, so we put in a different ECU and loaded a different tune for the race. It seemed to really help his overall lap times. He was racing well, when he spun and another car collided with him. Neither car was badly damaged, but his race was done.

Since I had already won the little championship thing, I let dad race my car on Sunday so he could get more seat time in a car. He had a good race, and came in 4th place. A pretty solid finish in a car set up for another driver in damp conditions.

It was really great to have Ashton and several friends there to enjoy the weekend with. I hope to have pictures and videos up soon!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, man! That's such troutty luck about your dad. D: I'm glad you did well though! Can't wait to see the pictures and video.

Remember how I was going to post up videos?

I sort of forgot about that.

Here's the first race on Saturday. It's my dad in his F Prod Miata. This was more of a test for the car. We're both rusty at this track. The car is still rough around the edges, but it's getting better. We're still getting the set up sorted out because we're running radial tires instead of bias ply. It means a lot of our recorded info for set up at this track doesn't apply anymore. We also tested a new throttle body because the old one kept breaking under heavy deceleration. It also had some ECU issues, so you can hear the lack of top end power at Nascar 3 and 4 (The two big corners going around the oval.) The car is getting better over all. The camera battery dies mid race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU5Oz9iMDig

Sorry for the triple post. It seems I can't do more than one video in one post.
    Last edited by sharkythesharkdogg; 10-18-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Here's the second race. My first night race. I qualified second, behind the Honda you will see in front of me during the pace lap. (Make sure to watch for the car that loses it's hood in front of me during the pace lap. That's a first.) I managed to get around him, and stay pretty close to a couple ITS Miatas/RX7s to help put some distance between us. There were a few wrecks and spins in front of me, to keep things interesting. I had one off on the very last lap, but still had first wrapped up. I do need to work on my infield line in some places. I'm losing time. Still, it was first in my class, faster than last year, and the championship win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlTVqFR5SIE
    Last edited by sharkythesharkdogg; 10-18-2012 at 02:41 PM.

On Sunday, dad had an altercation that bent up his car a little. Nothing terrible, but I also missed qualifying for my second race because we misread the schedule. Since I already had the little championship wrapped up, and his car was bent, we decided to let him hop in my car for my event for some more seat time. He's starting from the back of the grid in a car set up for me, and it's a little damp. He still did well despite all that. I think he got third in class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua1Yk8IP5zY
    Last edited by sharkythesharkdogg; 10-17-2012 at 11:01 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like how I can be seen for a brief second at 18:05ish and 55:20? In the second video. (SPOILER) I'm the barely visible girl in blue. I had a lot of fun, I'm glad I went .

My loyal pit crew.

Finally had the official 2012 season wrapped up at the official awards banquet. It's not as exclusive as it sounds. Anyway, I was awarded the trophy for the championship in my class for the series this year. Good to know the car is getting sorted.

Also, (SPOILER) The drivers (and some of their family) getting trophies for the different classes also have a cart race at the restaurant just to play around. You know if we're there getting trophies, we have to race some more. It's in our blood. Anyway, I won the little cart race thing, so the place gave me the checkered flag for the race.

It was a good time.

So now I'm preparing for the 2013 season. First race of the championship is at the end of March. We'll have Carolina Motorsports Park, another night race at Charlotte Motor Speedway, and a new track has been added. Summit Point.

We're also looking at Rockingham, and perhaps Virginia International Raceway or Roebling Road.

Apparently my little Miata isn't underpowered enough, so they're adding 85 pounds of ballast to my car this season. It's going to be a tough road.
    Last edited by sharkythesharkdogg; 11-11-2014 at 01:34 PM.