Thread: Looking for Phoenixes

Default Looking for Phoenixes

So, I've asked a few of my artist friends if they could do this picture for me, but it's not really in any of their comfort zones so I figured I would ask here.

I'm a big fan of the phoenix, or really any type of bird(ergo, the chocobos), so I was wanting a Facebook picture of one, since I don't put real pictures because of privacy purposes.

Now, what I requested specifically was 3 phoenixes, a red one, a blue one, and a yellow one, in a sort of counterclockwise whirlpool pattern around each other, with their heads almost touching in the middle. Also, if possible, in the blue trail have some kind of like rose petal print, in the yellow have like gaping souls, and in the red something to show "body", because, you know, yellow=soul/spirit, blue=emotion/mental, red=body/physical. I wanted their trails to be kind of broken off of them, too, so instead of whole birds, they also had like trailing fire that got smaller the further from them it got. Other than that, though, I think the artist could screw with it how they wanted.

I'm not sure if anybody would be able to do something like this, but I did think I should come here to ask for it, so I'd really like to see some attempts at it, maybe from different artists, but I'd understand if I didn't get any because it does seem like a hard subject.

I might be up for it, since I'm trying to up my Photoshop painting skills. Some referential pictures or any kind of example would be nice though.

Oh, sure. One problem, though... How to put in attachment photos? I haven't really screwed around with it on here before, so I'm not sure.

Edit: Figured it out
    Red Phoenix.jpg

I like the way this one is shaped for overall structure, as well as the coloration. If you could put three of these in red, blue, and yellow whirlpooling around each other, that would be about prime.
    Last edited by FFIX Choco Boy; 08-25-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Gave it a quick shot tonight.

Screen shot 2011-08-25 at 10.58.50 PM.png

However, don't get your hopes/expectations up. I'll see what I can do with the spare time I have, but I can't promise you the full package. I am curious to know if you like this preview though...

Actually, I think that looks really awesome. Maybe just a little lighter, but other than that I think it really does look cool.

Cool. I'll at least finish this one some time, if that's alright.

Very cool. I think the loose flames/feathers look completely beast, and the head looks amazing, too. Do you think you would be able to do the yellow and blue ones, too? I think I'm going to change the request on their stances, though. Now I think that with what you have, it would look really amazing if you mirrored that one over, and recolored the mirrored one blue, then made the yellow one sort of flying in between their upraised wings.

Finished the red phoenix, but I'm afraid I'll have to leave it at that. I just don't have the time to make another two. Anyway, I hope you like this one. If you want a high res or the phoenix on a blank background, give me a heads up. Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pete for President; 09-11-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Holy hell. That's awesome; I really didn't expect to get anything of this caliber. Thank you for this!