Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: qwertysaur's adventure in Touhoumon: Blue Version

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ive got that emulator too ^^

I vote to catch Aya
    and call her Hinamori or Yachiru

Blog Entries

They could have done a better job at translating the moves. Their effects differ from the description :S (or am i playing an old version?)

Blog Entries

where can i download that game?:O

edit: ty qwerty :P
    haha i love this game.. Pokemon is still fun but i pretty much know all pokemon and what they can do, so this is a challenge since im always so eager of making a perfect balanced team :o
    Last edited by Shaibana; 09-02-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

What is this I don't even know

Blog Entries

what is what?

Blog Entries

It's Touhoumon!

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I've already caught over 60 tohomon
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

Gto so far:
    Csakuya
    Wrigle
    Csuwako
    and Caya

Im choose Kwalitie of kwantitie :P
    its no use (for me) to catch 60 becaus im only gonna use 8 at most
    .. caught a Ckisume

Blog Entries

My votes: cKanako, Shaibana.

Pokémon games are horrible, but this at least includes girls. Do they evolve into women?

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

nope
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Sorry Lynx, I already played through the next part, but there are cKanako available on route 22 so you can vote for catching one there as well.

Some Touhoumon will evolve into women, such as Kanako. Others like Chen and Medicine will always be little girls. There are a few weird ones as well that will appear later in the game.

Part Two: Surprises for all

I look around at all the different types of Touhoumon around me and have some trouble picking one to raise. Do I want a cSuwako? Or maybe a cAya would be better.

"Might I suggest we catch the next one that we encounter, my lady."

I stare in slight shock that Jessweeeee suddenly spoke, not aware that Touhoumon were even able to speak our Language.

"If I wish to be an elegant maid, my duty must be to serve from the shadows in silence." She says as she spots a patch of rustling grass. "What is your command my lady?"

"Well I would rather be your friend instead of your lady, but try a knife throw to weaken it."

"As you wish..." and she quickly hits the disturbance, a cAya what was napping. Exited to make my first catch I throw a Touhou orb and jump for joy at my success.

"I'll name you Hinamori, and I hope we can be friends." I say to the small tengu.

"Well, you didn't have to surprise me like that, I'll go wherever there is a fun party. Also I'm a boy." I am at a loss for words, a relaxed cAya is the opposite of their natures to dart around everywhere. And a male is even weirder, he even wears a skirt. This journey will be even more interesting than I first thought, with a trap on our team

After buying some supplies at the Viridian Touhou mart, I decide to do some training with my team in the areas around Viridian city, which proves to be quite fruitful. Hinamori shows that while he may not be one to rush things immediately, he is still quite the capable fighter, even learning to make some whirlwinds using his wings.

I also see several new types of Touhoumon in the surrounding areas.

However, our training is cut short by a familiar voice...

"What are you doing over here. If they wont let the glorious me in they certainly will block you from entering the Touhoumon league. Just watch how incredible my team is now." taunts green as he releases his own cAya.

"Lets get him Hinamori!"

Hinamori as usual is quite relaxed and greens cAya gets the first hit, but Hinamori take it and returns in kind. It is a close fight and Hinamori pulls ahead at the end.

"Hinamori looks tired, shall I fight the next round?"

Jessweeeee and cReimu once again stare down each other on the battlefield, and again it is a close battle. However, this time luck was not on Jessweeeee's side as cReimu lands a critical hit, defeating Jessweeee.
    "My apologies... I failed..."

"Don't worry about it, I can finish this up" says Hinamori with an unusual look of determination. With a single well placed gust, cReimu is down.

Green mentions going to defeat the eight gym leaders and walks off through the grass, likely to be mauled by the many cMystia and cAya lurking in the grass.

Remembering seeing a gym in the city, I decide to see if I am strong enough to handle the leader.

"Well that was l bit of a let down. What should we do now?"

Jessweeee is silent and looks to the ground, and Hinamori suggests that recruiting new friends to the party would be a good idea. But who to catch?

Choose one Touhoumon from each list and suggest a nickname for each.
    List one
    CChen
    CMystia
    CAya
    CKanako
    CSanae
    Grass/Water type, Sanae is pretty balanced, simialr to Reimu. Sanae learns more water attacks than Grass, and has very few weaknesses, only to Flying, Poison and Bug(one of the rarest types in Touhoumon). Her ability is Serene Grace. First appearing in Touhou 10, she is the shrine maiden for Kanako and Suwako, and fights the player as the stage 5 boss, with the ability to create miracles. Also playable in both Touhou 12 and Touhou 13, enthusiastic to hunt Youkai and gather faith for her two goddesses.
    CMedicine
    Grass/Poison Type, Medicine is poisonous to the touch, with her ability poison body. (renamed poison point) She is a staller, learning a variety of moves to weaken the opponent while they slowly succumb to the effects of poison. First appearing in Touhou 9, she is a doll turned youkai, and has the ability to manipulate poison. She seeks to liberate all dolls, and is very dangerous because she freely uses her poison any anybody who gets too close. Also is too childish to realize that other dolls are not exactly sentient.
    CHatate
    Psychic/Flying Type. Gameplay wise she is just like Aya, only focuses on Special attack over Physical. A crow tengu, she also runs her own newspaper. First appearing in Touhou 12.5, she is Aya's rival but her newspaper is less popular because she gets her information using her ability: Spirit Photography. She can use it to get images from afar, but only on things already reported on. Also her camera is on a cell phone developed by the Kappa.

List Two
    cMystia
    cAya
    cRan
    Ground type, later becomes Ground/Psychic type. Ran can have either the ability Inner Focus or Early Bird, and is pretty good at both attacking Physically and Specially. First appearing in Touhou 7 as the extra boss, she is a Kitsune who is skilled in both Black magic and Shikigami Rituials. She is the master of chen, and is additionally a Shikigami herself, to Yukari Yakumo. (more info on her when she appears in game )
    Rinnosuke
    Normal type, he is a decent physical attacker. also of note is because most Touhoumon are in their chibi stage, he has very high base stats until other Touhou start evolving. Appearing in the side comic Curiosities of Lotus Asia, Rinnosuke is a half youkai who can tell the function of a object if he holds it. He has a shop that sells goods from the outside world, but it's not very popular and he keeps all the good stuff he finds to himself. Also notable for being the only humanoid male in the entire series.

Gameplay notes. Hinamori is an adorable little trap, but he has perhaps the worst possible nature for Aya. he will still be quite fast though, as speed boost will make up for the stat reduction from his nature. I hate fighting cMedicine, because her poison body ability is so annoying. Also getting that screenshot of cSanae was a pain. It took a good 10 minutes for one to appear, then I got 5 to appear in a row.

Also for completion purposes I caught the other wild Touhoumon from route 1. If you choose to add a recurring Touhoumon to my party, I will catch a new one. I want to be able to get my rewards from the aids.

Blog Entries

SANAE! She has very few weaknesses and you definitely need water type moves.
    What is a Touhou game without a shrine maiden? (though I don't plan on catching one myself lol)

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Kanako and Ran! Although Remon puts forward a good point with Sanae, that could come in handy! How very annoying that the gym was locked! BUST YOUR WAY IN THERE

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Blog Entries

My vote goes to catching CSuwako, her water atacks have helped me big time.
    she is really handy and in this area easy to train becaus her type is in the advantage.
    She wil be a big help while fighting Brock!!

if its a girl name her: Rangiku
    if its a boy: Toushiro

Blog Entries

But Sanae doesn't have a 4x weakness to grass
    My cSuwako dies quickly too D: