Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The DC Universe Reboot

Batman #1 was good, though the best one of the batmans is Batman and Robin, followed by detective comics. Freaking Damian is an awesome Robin.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I prefer Damian as well. I even appreciate his (well earned) arrogance.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm pretty out of the loop on Damian since I haven't read any Batman books with him in them. Not sure I could stop liking Tim Drake as my favourite Robin though.

FFXIV Character

(SPOILER)Damian is Bruce's son with Talia Al Ghul

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, I know about Damian from reading plot summaries and the like, but that's not really any way to judge whether you like a character and I'm certainly not up on the finer details since I've just never read a comic with him in it. I should have been clearer my bad.

FFXIV Character

Ah OK. Batman is in my Top 3 for DC, so I follow him a little better than most. Imagine Tim Drake as Robin (arrogance) paired with the skills of Batman and Red Hood's attitude towards killing and you'll have Damien in a nutshell. If you like them, you'll like him.

Been reading alot of the #2's, and I'm probably going to drop The Dark Night. Batman is awesome in JLI, Batman, Detective, and Batman and Robin, but The Dark Night is entirely forgetable.

Captain Atom took a big jump in quality from one to two.

Deathstroke and JLI both kept up the same quality as their number 1's, as did the other Batman books.

Resurrection man continues to get more interesting as well.

In addition since I'm dropping Dark Night, I'm replacing it with Demon Nights, the Medival comic they are running, and it's interesting. Charactrs are fun, Art is good, and the story is entertaining. It does suffer from being a bit all over the place and difficult to follow at times, but it's entertaining enough to keep up on.

Looking forward to Aqua Man #2 and Teen Titans #2, I'm picking those up in a few hours.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why must Detective Comics and Justice League be so good? On the plus side, I should be starting back at work again soon so I can actually afford to add more stuff to my pull list again. So I won't have to drop any Marvel books to pick up these surprisingly good DC titles.

If you like JLI, I seriously recomend Teen Titans. It does everythign JLI does right but better.

And I will say this, while Dark Knight on a whole is disappointing, the chick in the Bunny Outfit is hot as hell.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was talking about your standard Justice League. Never read JLI in any of it's older incarnations, and most of the characters involved hold little interest for me. I've always been a much bigger fan of Supes, Bats, Flash and the like.

Speaking of Flash though, I haven't picked up the new series. I was getting it before Flashpoint, but needed to trim back. Any word on if it's still any good?

I meant JLA, not I. My bad.

I hear Flashpoint itself was highly dissapointing, though I know nothing of the new comics on Flash. He never caught my interest enough to pick it up.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, Flashpoint was pretty meh. Another parallel universe story where all of the heroes never met and are dicks, all because Barry Allen didn't want his mom to die? The only part I really cared for was Thomas Wayne as Batman, but overall there wasn't nearly enough that was even explained really in the mini-series proper. Considering I was only picking it up because I had been getting Flash (my only DC book at the time) it was fairly disappointing. Seemed if you wanted to actually see some of what happened to lead the DC Universe where it was you needed to read everything else but the main mini series. Not that this is solely a problem with DC lately.

Some event comics pull off the stand alone main series and tie in's well (like Secret Invasion) while others don't do it as well. I'm not 20 years old and living with my parents anymore. I can't afford every book that so much as catches my eye.

But I quite liked Flash before Flashpoint. Geoff Johns generally does a good job of writing him, and I was becoming quite invested in the comic. But then there's a reboot and a new writer coming off the heels of a mediocre event focused on the Flash, and it's a little difficult to stay interested. Maybe I'll pick up issue #1 next time I'm at the comic shop, but I find it hard to imagine it topping the three titles I'm already picking up.

JLA and detective seem to be two of them, whats the third?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Action Comics.

I'm a big fan of Grant Morrison, and love Geoff Johns stuff as well so Action and JLA were no brainers. Detective I just picked up because I heard it was good and figured I might enjoy having a Batman ongoing to look forward to. Needless to say, they had me at (SPOILER)cutting the Jokers face off and nailing it to a wall.

Yes, I probably do need help.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

JLI

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum