Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The DC Universe Reboot

Okay, so Teen Titans has just replaced Deathstroke as my favorite of the New 52.

With no disregard for previously listed issues I`m partial to the Lantern series myself.
    I am the Pagemaster, Keeper of the books, Guardian of the written word.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Yeah, I am not sure I am liking where GL is going. :C

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

an important discussion point abotu how DC handled superman a while back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PlwDbSYicM 18+

i don't think this topic is old enough to warrant a closure. Now that it's been a few months, what does everyone think? I haven't kept up; is it getting better, or was the reboot a bad idea?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm still really digging Action Comics and Justice League. Detective Comics seems to have stumbled a bit with it's second story arc at the moment, but I'm willing to stick it out a bit longer to see if it picks up again. If not I'll probably just ditch it and catch up on Uncanny X-Force instead.

As for whether the reboot was worth it, I'm probably the worst person to try and answer that. I didn't read much DC before but was up on the major happenings, and the books I'm reading now are the ones that are so far probably the least affected by the whole thing. So as far as they're concerned I would say that they've been great so far, but certainly didn't need a reboot to get there I think.

The reboot is called The New 52, and it started in August of 2011. They've decided to reboot all of their comic series to re-establish their history as taking place in modern times.

I like some of the re-imagining of the characters, but I've noticed that it's become a bit more like the Marvel Universe, in that regular people are shown to be suspicious and distrustful of superhumans and metahumans (mutants).

I would also like it if Marvel decided to reboot their comics too.
    Is that your final answer?

Teen Titans is still going strong, and I'm happy Bunker, the gay Mexican, is actually a really good character and more then just a stereotype.

Right now it's hard to gauge the better comic between Teen Titans and Demon Knights though. Shinning Knight is clearly the most bad ass of that comic.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post

they pretty much did with the Ultimate series back in 2000 something. although the only ultimate thing most people seem to like is spidey.

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post

they pretty much did with the Ultimate series back in 2000 something. although the only ultimate thing most people seem to like is spidey.
    True, but I meant that they should reboot their main universe sometime too, only with their personalities still intact, not changed like in the Ultimate counterpart.

And this is actually the second time that DC Comics has rebooted their universe. Their first reboot was 25 years ago, back in 1986, following their Crisis on Infinite Earths event. It was under this continuity, which ran from 1986 to 2011, that the events of the JLA/Avengers crossover took place.
    Is that your final answer?