Thread: 999

Blog Entries

Default 999

I just started playing this game on the DS called 999, which stands for 9 Doors, 9 Hours, 9 Persons (Or something like that). I'm only at the beginning, but I really enjoy it so far, and was curious if anyone else here had played it. Since I've only solved the first puzzle, I was also curious if anyone else had loads of trouble with it. lol Darn pillows.

Anyway, this game is awesome. Anyone else try it?

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

I've gone to local game stores to check if this game was in a bunch of times but no one ever has it. Once I saw it but I was either just browsing or had already got something else. Shame, because I heard it's a fantastic game.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I tried the demo. Got stuck on the demo. Haven't touched it since.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

This game is JKTrix approved.
    Here's me saying that this game is better than Ghost Trick.

Give the demo another shot Jess, if you still like Ace Attorney you'd really like this one. There are ample guides out there too if you really get stuck.

You actually have to play through it more than once to get the true ending--I would recommend using a guide for that. That's probably the biggest downside I can give the game, that you have to play through the puzzles again when you replay it rather than just skipping to the decisions. But the game's story actually makes replaying it make sense. Seriously, don't quit until you've at least seen the True Ending, it is worth it.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, it looks like a game I would enjoy a lot, but for some reason, I just wasn't the slightest bit interested! It's on my list of things to get to someday xD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I tried the demo. Got stuck on the demo. Haven't touched it since.
    Check under the pillow.

Also, I just got one of the endings. I bombed pretty hard on some of my choices because zomg everyone died. :P Starting a new game now. Also, towards the beginning of the game I was thinking "Jeeze, Akane's a freaking WEIRDO" but now I want to see if I can get her and Seven to have a chat. :P Anyway, off to the next playthrough.

Edit: Also, this seems pretty relevant. Wasn't sure if I wanted to make an entirely new thread just for it. Here's a trailer for this games sequel, coming to the PSVita and 3DS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAqGs441qzU

Edit 2: I've gotten four endings so far, and I just got the "Safe" ending. This seems really funny now.
    Last edited by KentaRawr!; 09-05-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Is 999 a 101010?

I've heard about this fairly little-know game called 99: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, and it sounds amazing. It sounds like it proves games as art and seems like a Christopher Nolan movie in a game. Should I check it out? Is my description accurate?