Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The mini mafia extravaganza special: actually you know what, Psychotic is a blowhard

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

DD: I'll let it slide. I know you meant "No Lynch".

Vote count

Remon: Psychotic, f f freak, Remon (3)
    f f freak: demondude (1)
    No Lynch: Jentleness demondude (1)
    qwertysaur: qwertysaur (1)
    leader of mortals: leader of mortals (1)
    DK: DK (1)
    Psychotic: (0)
    Jentleness: (0)
    demondude: (0)

20 hours remaining.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

If I've confirmed that Remon is a Cop, I've also confirmed that I myself am a Cop, surely.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    If I've confirmed that Remon is a Cop, I've also confirmed that I myself am a Cop, surely.
    Potentially. But you've shown us that your role is to lynch a member of town so it doesn't paint you in a great light.

Where does it state that Remon is a member of the town? At the moment you're trying too hard to protect him.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Not in the slightest. Let's assume there is no ying to the yang and that you are mafia. We all do as you ask and lynch poor old Remon. He comes up Bad Cop. You can then use this as proof that you are a Good Cop. It would therefore be advantageous to you, if you were mafia, if Remon was lynched. It would also explain why you revealed your purpose before voting for him. If that was your role, it would've been smarter to have said "I BELIEVE THAT HANDSOME DEVIL PSYCHOTIC! HE IS SO WONDERFUL!" and voted for Remon while keeping your cards close to your chest. There's no reason the rest of the town would help you with your goal, so there's no reason to reveal it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Where does it state that Remon is a member of the town? At the moment you're trying too hard to protect him.
    No I'm not. He claimed Bad Cop, not knowing what it means. Then you tell us your role is to lynch the Bad Cop, and then vote Remon. I don't think he would claim that if he were not town aligned. Good enough confirmation for me.

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by demondude View Post
    Potentially. But you've shown us that your role is to lynch a member of town so it doesn't paint you in a great light.
    Not necessarily, maybe I was right the first time when I said that the Mafia was a Mafia Cop. I looked that role up and the Mafia Cop is told what a person's role is when he investigates. This would mean that the Mafia has the advantage of knowing who is insane, paranoid, naive, or sane. If he investigated Paul and discovered him to be the sane cop, he may now be trying to get the Town to think he is suspicious because he did not reveal the adjective before his cop role. This is all speculation of course. Remon did put the pressure on the Town by saying anyone who makes the tie breaking vote would definitely be Mafia, which in turn could have made Laddy afraid to vote because he did not want to appear guilty. Just food for thought.

Banned
    Blog Entries

But f f freak just confirmed that he is a Bad Cop and that means he's not Mafia. I'll keep saying it.

Bad Cop does not negate him from being Mafia. The adjective could mean bad at the job, in which case its possible that all of his results will be wrong, or it could be bad in the sense that he is anti-town.

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Not in the slightest. Let's assume there is no ying to the yang and that you are mafia. We all do as you ask and lynch poor old Remon. He comes up Bad Cop. You can then use this as proof that you are a Good Cop. It would therefore be advantageous to you, if you were mafia, if Remon was lynched. It would also explain why you revealed your purpose before voting for him. If that was your role, it would've been smarter to have said "I BELIEVE THAT HANDSOME DEVIL PSYCHOTIC! HE IS SO WONDERFUL!" and voted for Remon while keeping your cards close to your chest. There's no reason the rest of the town would help you with your goal, so there's no reason to reveal it.
    Although, this could be true, it would only last for one night. If we lynched Remon and it turns out he is a Townie Cop that's not the Lynchee then we know that ff freak lied and that she is Mafia. If he does flip Lynchee, then we know that ff freak is a third party Lyncher which would probably mean that she would win the game.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Bad Cop does not negate him from being Mafia. The adjective could mean bad at the job, in which case its possible that all of his results will be wrong, or it could be bad in the sense that he is anti-town.
    Then why would you be given the knowledge of a Mafia role, and furthermore why would he roleclaim that? Interestingly, if he gets his results wrong, then you're looking worse off because he investigated you and got an innocent reading. Bit odd.

Articles

Agreed Jen. Either way, it is not a good idea to lynch Remon.

##unvote: Remon
    ##vote: NO LYNCH
    Then why is your goal "lynch the bad cop" instead of "kill dem mafias" (I'm paraphrasing) like the rest of us presumably have? Why are you a beautiful and unique snowflake?

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

I like the whole idea of everyone investigating the same person and finding out the results so we can figure out who is insane,sane, paranoid, and naive. It makes the most sense with the least amount of casualties. If there is only one Mafia role we have a 7 to 1 chance of lynching a Townie.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Agreed Jen. Either way, it is not a good idea to lynch Remon.

##unvote: Remon
    ##vote: NO LYNCH
    Then why is your goal "lynch the bad cop" instead of "kill dem mafias" (I'm paraphrasing) like the rest of us presumably have? Why are you a beautiful and unique snowflake?
    When did I say that killing scum wasn't part of my job?

Articles

When did you say it was?

Your argument was that being a Bad Cop did not necessarily make Remon town, because a Bad Cop could be a mafia cop. So your role is to... kill the mafia... and kill the bad cop...aka the same guy...? Not buying it.

##unvote: No Lynch
    ##vote: f f freak

If she's mafia, hurrah.
    If she's not, she's still not a townie as her goal is not to destroy the mafia, it's to kill Remon. This Remon killing lark could also be a liability if the game goes on. The mafia sure as hell wouldn't kill her now and as our numbers thin, can we really trust or rely on someone who has to lynch Remon to win?

Nope.

Either way, lynching her = good.