Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 711121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: The mini mafia extravaganza special: actually you know what, Psychotic is a blowhard

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

Wait a minute leader of mortals, I thought you said you got no result from your investigation of me?

Blog Entries

I did, but other people all got innocent. Thus, I conclude you are innocent. Sorry I worded that oddly. Qwerty will probably decide it makes me scum.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The beauty of my traps is that I use more than one.

I disagree with your approach to finding the mafia member. You look at one and only 1 person and ignore the rest. You need to take more than one person into account at once, like I am doing tight now. Using votes I'm putting pressure on DK to contribute to the discussion. While I wait for DK to reply, I attack you and pick apart what you say. I don't need a night action to make an investigation after all.

Clever use of sarcasm to dull my attacks though.

Remember that both myself and demondude got a guilty result on Jentleness.

Blog Entries

I understand that I can often be very one-track minded, but you saying that I should have lynched Jen and investigated DK is something that I strongly disagree with. In a game like this, every person is an extreme asset, and we must be careful not to lose one of those assets so carelessly. To be one-track minded is a safe option, and although I agree the safe option is not always the best option, with it being so early in the game, I stand by my decision, and it saved Jen from dying a useless death today.

As for yours and demondude's results, I didn't consider them. You, Qwerty, got a guilty result on a damn near confirmed town Psychotic. Demondude got guilty on himself. This means that you two are either Paranoid, Insane, or Mafia. Well, demondude isn't mafia since the insane cop found him to be guilty, so he's confirmed town.

Also, it still makes me sad that no one has commented on my revelation. I was really smurfing proud of myself when I logiced my way into finding out that we are most likely not in a "2 of each cop" setup.

Now, I'm going to go to bed. I leave you all with my list of people that I consider to be town, and why.

Demondude: He was guilty by the insane cop. By definition, he is town.
    Psychotic/Jen: They were investigated and nearly everyone got innocent. I see no doubt to them being town.
    Remon: From his roleclaim, which was given weight by f f freak.
    f f freak: From her roleclaim that she is the lyncher, I can't believe that she would be a mafia. I'm not sure, however, if being the lyncher makes her guilty on investigation.

This leaves only Qwerty and DK. I suppose I will follow Qwerty's lead, and vote for DK, and I will be investigating Qwerty tonight, unless we all decide on someone else.

##Vote: DK

Now, I'm off to bed. I should be able to come on in about 8 hours to see how things are going, before college.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Votecount.

DK: qwertysaur, Jentleness, leader of mortals, DK (4)
    f f freak: f f freak qwertysaur (1)
    demondude: demondude qwertysaur (1)
    Remon: Remon qwertysaur (1)
    Psychotic: Psychotic qwertysaur (1)
    leader of mortals: qwertysaur (0)
    qwertysaur: qwertysaur (0)
    Jentleness: qwertysaur (0)

Oh my, 1 more vote for a majority on DK.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

Wait,wait,wait! Why are we suspecting lom? Didn't he suggest that we revealed our names first? I mean, if he were mafia he would have no idea that our roles had adjectives on them, you can't deduce that just from Laddy's death right?

Blog Entries

Oh and you sure you want to lynch DK just for posting once? -_-

FFXIV Character

Jenna Solis (Sargatanas)

I am not a big fan of lynching anyone without some tangible and discussed proof, however, no one wanted to chat much yesterday about DK's merits. I don't like voting inactives, they are usually players who don't feel their character role doesn't play a significant enough role in the game to bother making time for play. However, I am suspicious of him from the lack on actual contributions he's made to this thread. He has never explained what "Greedy Cop" means, and he has not really done more than to point fingers at people for non mini mafia reasons (suspecting qwerty because of him signature, agreeing with Paul because I am an female, American, coffee drinker). Like qwerty, I was hoping my vote would put pressure on him to come explain his role better, but it hasn't happened yet. I think my next investigation will be leader of mortals. He was one of the three I suspected (along with ff freak). I will be able to say more tomorrow (hopefully)

Blog Entries

In my mind, DK, Qwerty, and myself are the only 3 people that have yet to be confirmed. If we narrow it down to just me and Qwerty, I know exactly who to investigate, and who to vote for. Also, with DK being inactive, he isn't any help to us here. Better to lose someone that doesn't help than to lose a cop that does.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

And the final piece of this trap was triggered. I stated earlier my reasons for narrowing it down to either leader of mortals or DK. I then placed a vote onto DK as bait. leader of mortals took the bait.

##Unvote: DK
    ##Vote: leader of mortals

Blog Entries

Care to elaborate? Are you saying that, because I agreed with you on some points and disagreed with you on others, it makes me mafia?

Blog Entries

Yeah those traps are really suspicious. It's more like you're making them on the spot to make lom look scummy.

Blog Entries

You know what, Qwerty... I don't like how you are playing...

Encouraging the town to lynch people along with investigating others is both reckless, and a thing that the mafia wants. The mafia wants us to cut our numbers down, so it makes it easier for them to take control, and it makes it easier for them to win.

You have still refused to say what you think about my revelation. As if you are trying to hide it. Why? Because it's the only thing that kept you from being a confirmed Paranoid Cop. If you sweep it under the rug, as you've been doing, maybe people will still believe that you are Paranoid, right?

And then you give us your "traps", a technique that I truly hate, because it allows you to seem more smart and thoughtful than you really are acting. It allows you to convict someone based on nearly nothing and sound like you have a huge case against them. This person happens to be me.

With the above thoughts, I have more than enough to vote for you, Qwerty.

##Unvote: DK
    ##Vote: qwertysaur

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm lynching DK because I'm a mindless drone and incapable of independent thought

##vote: DK

when he is revealed to be mafia I will put this on my list of mafia successes and brag about how awesome I am until the end of time for discovering him.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Also seriously now, there can't be just one plain' ol' mafia in this set up. 8 town vs 1 mafia is a bit silly anyway, but with some sort of death-stopper and with Proto revealing Laddy's investigation despite him dying, there either has to be more than one scum, or the scum that we have is some sort of mutant death beast with six bajillion special powers.