Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X-2 International English Patch!

Grin Final Fantasy X-2 International English Patch! (SPOILERS)

Hello! A few weeks ago, a semi-English patch was released that translated the items, accessories, and abilities in Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission. While this patch makes the game playable (with the help of a guide), it did not translate new attacks, enemy names, garment grids, dressphere menus, the main menus themselves, and a lot of other content. Here are some screenshots of the new patch

Fortunately, a new patch is in the works that will translate the items, accessories, abilities, auto-abilities, enemy attacks, character attacks, enemy names, will include brief item description, menu info, and other cool things. Unfortunately a full-blown translation is not possible since Japanese letters take 1 byte, while English letters take 2 bytes. By simply swapping to English, the game data itself becomes larger than it originally was and does not work. This will result in some text being removed, but most item and abilities description will be included and shortened. (At the moment, Last Mission itself is not being translated)

For those of you who did not know, X-2 International was released only in Japan and included a ton of new content. This includes 'Creature Create', where you can capture and raise creatures/npcs and use them in your party!! They gain levels, can equip accessories, etc, learn their own abilities, and can be taught different things depending on if you 'feed' them items or accessories!! This also includes former party members from X - Tidus, Auron, Lulu, and Kimahri. Seymour, Trema, Lucil, Elma, Yaibal, the Crimson Squad, the Syndicate, and many others can also be captured. Nearly every monster in Spira!

Another thing International includes in 'Creature Create' is the Coliseum, where you can compete in team battles and Battle Cups. In the Battle Cups, you can compete in 10 tournaments, all which must be unlocked, and you can win some extremely good items. Notably, 2 of the games new superbosses are fought in the later tournaments, and Tidus, Auron, Seymour, and Strongest Shinra can only be obtained by beating them in the final cups. Some of the tournaments are the Youth League Cup, the Aeon Cup, the Demon Cup, Strongest Shinra's Cup, and the final Farplane Cup.

As more infomation becomes available, I will post here. I will not be including any of the patches here themselves. If you want more info, please visit X-2 International's respective gamefaqs.com page.

Last edited by YamiJustin; 09-05-2011 at 10:04 PM. Reason: spoiler tag

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Cool, I wanna feed Seymour some budget grenades!

Not sure what that will teach him lol

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

That's Brother in the screenshot, yeah? What a creeper.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I played the Japanese version a bit via emulator. Haha. Strongest Shinra is so bloody rigged. lol.

Yea it is Brother, and he is definitely a creepy member. His battle style involves attacking with his rear-end and dancing loL.

You mean Strongest Shinra boss fight is rigged? Or his character is overpowered? This boss fight was definitely a pain ><

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hell yeah! I've been waiting for this ever since they made an english patch for XII International ZJS. Btw, has anyone EVER beaten Major Numerus with YRP without invulnerability?

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Hell yeah! I've been waiting for this ever since they made an english patch for XII International ZJS. Btw, has anyone EVER beaten Major Numerus with YRP without invulnerability?
    I tried a few times with them all using Mascot (I did not use Miracle Drink). I was able to get Protect on all of us before he did that mega-white-beam attack, but it still killed my girl. The problem is you spend the entire time reviving and healing YRP and not dishing out much damage. I was killed by the time he did that Rocks-fall-from-the-sky move, which killed all of us. I think its near impossible.

Update: The descriptions for the Garment Grids will be included (i.e. Strength +5, Equip: Use Cure, all colored gates = Ultima, etc). Also many of the in-game prompts are translated, like "Pre Emp" and "Ambush" (some had to be shortened due to data constraints, which is why Couldn't steal anything = Failed). All the statuses and some of the scan data (like the elemental weaknesses/absorption) is done. Pbirdman is now touching up the menus themselves, as well as other things.

More news - some of the scan data has been translated, although the descriptions themselves are not done. Pbirdman is now touching up some small things before he'll be translating the enemy abilities and enemy names. Here's a shot of the scan (he scanned one of Major Numerus's heads Unum)

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9681/scan2t.png
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

If I had any means of playing this I'd be all super duper excited!

There are multiple ways of playing it. You either can buy a Japanese PS2/PS3, or use Swap Magic to play it on your American PS2, or you can run the actual disc on your PC (I won't discuss the method here in case it breats ToS). It's definitely worth it as its much more fun than the regular.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Someday I will have monies and I will give it a try!

Good luck! I hope everyone who enjoyed X-2 try this version as it is that much more fun

Impressive. I was wondering when I'd first see a translation patch for a PS2 ROM. I mean I'm sure they've been around ages but this is the first time. I've seen one.

Yeah.