Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scars

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll get back to you when my knee doesn't look gangrenous anymore.

Articles
    Blog Entries

My lower leg is scarred from the time the chair I fell in broke because I was such a smurfing fatty and the screw inside the leg cut down my leg for like, 6 inches, as I fell through.

Oh god was it embarassing.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    foa, you are the most accident prone person ever.
    I know, right! I bump into walls and stuff all the time, trip over NOTHING on the ground. I always have these bruises that people are like wtf and I'm just like I have no idea how that got there, literally.

Also I was almost suffocated in a pit once! It was really freaking scary. This was at a Coheed/Circa Survive/Torche show in Atlanta. I was two people deep center stage and the press was just scary. Usually I'm able to wriggle my way a little higher so I can breathe but everyone around me was super a lot taller than me and just kept pressing us in. I remember thinking OKAY I NEED TO GET OUT but then being like NO I AM SUPER TOUGH I CAN DO THIS but then my friend had an anxiety attack so I ended up having to get pulled out anyway. That's the only show I've been pulled out of, though.
    No wonder you're such a badass. You get hurt all the smurfing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    The big joke is that when most of the guys get injured on the job, dad wraps their hands with electrical tape and mends it with super glue. All the guys ran into the office with tape and glue shouting, "No special treatment for your son! Glue his hand back together!!!"
    But I got to go to the hospital *snicker*

(SPOILER)I have since been glued and taped up. It's not so bad, really.

Also, I am enjoying everybody's scar stories!

Blog Entries

I have a multitude of scars that appeared seemingly out of nowhere...
    Consisting of major scars, I have a three inch scar on the WAAAAY upper thigh of my left leg from hitting a "Do Not Enter Sign" (sum bitch did it's job too), and I flew over it, and I still have yet to figure out why exactly my leg got cut to the point I almost ruptured some important artery in mah leg and would have potentially bled to death. O.o
    Anywho, next scar came from slipping with one foot on grass, and the other leg folded, and dragged on cement, skidded across the cement, and cut to the bone o.o, t'was painful, but ah well!
    And I have a small scar on my upper lip that has no reason to be there, but whatevs
    And a scar on my nose from my dog, who gave me ones on each of my hands next to the index finger (they match :O)

I fell a lot as a kid.

My brother broke a vase over my leg of which I still have the memorable gash.
    A stupid 6-year-old was playing "throw the stick in the air" and a bluster of wind blew it over so that it slashed my finger open.
    I was playing with this kid, Sunny, and his sister. We were hitting Tennis balls cross a street with frickin' iron golf clubs. I chose the wrong place to stand and ended up with a club in my skull.
    My dad once got mad and flicked a cigarette at me. He way of making amends was to bury a cigarette into his own arm.
    I've got a weirdass scar from a vaccination that went awry. I hate these "holes" who think they can give vaccinations (I was at a mart rather than the hospital) and I hate that our government wants to put a bill out to force vaccinations. You know they're trying to control our population with these injections! Right!?

My scars aren't nearly as awesome as my dad's busted thumb and nearly severed arm.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oooh, how did he almost sever his arm?

I was so drunk last christmas that I fell headfirst down into a chair and split my right eyebrow open. There was loads of blood and I had to go to the hospital. It's cool, though, since I now have a badass scar xD Other notable scars of mine are a couple on my stomach. I have one that's around 10 cm long running down my right side, and another on my left hip bone I don't remember getting. Like, at all.
    - other than that I have the random odd scars that I guess everybody has.

i've already osted my scars on this thing before, doing it again would be an indulgance. I wish I could get rid of the ones on my face, hands & knuckles though. They tell tales to strangers before I even get to speak.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well then indulge me.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have one scar on my right eyebrow, and one on my right eyelid from the same incident when I was 2 or 3. I slipped on the hardwood floor in my bedroom and hit my head on the bedpost. After getting that stitched up the nurse put a bandaid over the wound, but that held my eye shut. So she cut the bandaid and my eyelid just for kicks.

I have three scars on my stomach from when I had my appendix removed two years ago.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Well then indulge me.
    search the forum woman. These scar threads & tattoo threads are a bi-annual creation.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm covered in scars, though ironically my worst scar most people see all the time and never realize it's a scar. The shape of my entire jawline/face is essentially a scar from when it got shattered. Therefore I know it to be so but most people can't tell until I tell them about it. I have plenty of scars across my hands from incidents involving knives, scalpels, blades, hot glue guns etc. I have a pretty long scar on my right shoulder where my sister cut me with a knife, I have a smaller scar across my left shoulder from where someone cut me with a razor blade. I have a misshapen knee cap on my right leg because I broke it chasing a handbag snatcher down. I have essentially a multitude of scars across my body, some you see some you can't but I've never received negative comments about my scars people tend to see them and be all like "Wow, you've gone through a lot. Tough bastard aren't you?" I see it as I've just learnt to live my life by doing the stupid trout I won't regret in years to come because when I'm old and grey and broken I'm gonna look back and be like "well, at least I went there and tried it even if I failed in the process" Of course, at this rate of injuring myself (currently managed to re-hurt my dislocated thumb today during a spasm caused by a trapped nerve in my leg, irony is that last night I rode a mechanical rodeo bull drunk and didn't do any harm to it even though I gripped on with both hands) I aint gonna live to be old grey and broken.

1 - scar on face where tape measure retracted quickly while playing with it when I was like 4

2 - scar on hand from when doing dishes and my mammoth hands broke a glass

3 - scar on bottom of heel where, while carrying my true love through water I stepped on some sharp rocks/zebra mussels

4 - scar on wrist from oven rack while taking hot cheese out of oven.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have quite a few scars, but I can't remember where most of them came from and the ones I can don't have interesting stories. I do have a friend with a huge burn scar on the back of one hand. He cut it open while piss loaded and decided to try to cauterize it with a lighter. Clearly a bad idea, and didn't even come close to doing what he intended. On the plus side it left him with a manly, if idiotic, scar and a funny story to tell.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was bitten on the chin by a rabid badger once. I'd inadvertently surprised one asleep in a tumble drier. He said it was cosy just after a spin. The scar now reminds me that laundrette's are not the safe haven I once thought... It also reminds me that I've got rabies...