Thread: "Hello, my friend. Can I help you further?"

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Default "Hello, my friend. Can I help you further?"

I bought myself an N64 with my student loan (pretty standard, right?), mostly so I could educate my housemates about the likes of Conker's Bad Fur Day, Mario 64, Golden Eye.. because they really needed it. Decided to get Diddy Kong Racing out and got incredibly addicted. For a game you think would be aimed at younger children, the adventure mode is so bloody difficult; know how hard it is to collect all the silver coins and then still come first? you'd be suprised! The game is incredibly addictive but also incredibly frustrating. Took me a week or so but I had the game completed, wispig and all.

I consider it my greatest achievement of 2011, along with replaying FF7 to the point of utter completion, (I've played it millions of times, but never this thorough, every summon, every ultimate weapon, materia maxed, hp maxed), doing Emerald weapon was a joyous occasion.

tl;dr. Firstly, Diddy Kong Racing and it's awesomeness. Secondly, what gaming achievement do you consider, from this past year, to be your highlight?

Now, back to Banjo Tooie..

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldy View Post
    Firstly, Diddy Kong Racing and it's awesomeness.
    Awesome game. I... I actually liked Mario Kart 64 a little better, but DKR is still awesome, and you're right, it's very difficult.

Secondly, what gaming achievement do you consider, from this past year, to be your highlight?
    (SPOILER)

/smug

Now, back to Banjo Tooie..
    You're making me nostalgia all over the place now. I can never decide which one I liked better; this or Banjo-Kazooie.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Nothing beats Mario Kart for a racing game. However, Diddy Kong just has that loveable adventure mode which is incredibly underrated. Mario Kart is definitely superior for the multi player ability, nothing like a tournament on Mario Kart. It's not that Diddy Kong is particularly difficult, it just demands perfection. On the bosses, if you mess up even the slightest bit, you may aswell restart the race, same with the coin challenges, that's what makes it so infuriating. I was so over joyed when, after many, many hours, defeated wispig the second time!

Personally, I prefer Banjo Tooie. Crank out your N64 and join me!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I don't have an N64 right now ;_; That's the problem with being the oldest in the family. My younger sisters get to keep all the game consoles.

I can still play DKR because I have the Nintendo DS port, at least!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I don't know much about Kong, so I'll leave that bit. My biggest achievement in the past twelve months? Probably finishing six FF's - FFVII, FFVII:Crisis Core, FFXII, FFV, FFI and FFII. Also, getting a few platinum trophies is never that bad. =]
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Man, my biggest achievement in gaming is probably pulling of a stupid LASO challenge on Reach. That trout is ridiculously hard to do a whole level.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Getting the Aerial Predator Achievement on Darksiders, its the hardest Achievement the game has to offer and took me about 2 hours in repeat attempts to get it.