Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War 3

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Red Exclamation Mark Gears of War 3

Gears of War 3 is out in just over a week, and it is going to hold the title of "Best Game Ever Made" for a couple of months until Saints Row The Third comes out, but we can all revel in its glory until then.

Here are the two trailers for it:
    Ashes to Ashes
    Dust to Dust

Very classy and also very great.

But what of the gameplay?! Well, dear chums, I played the Gears 3 multiplayer beta and I can tell you it was sublime.

Still not convinced? Wikipedia will change all that.

Gears of War 3 will feature four-player co-op for the first time in the series. A fully controllable mech suit, called a Silverback, will be available for use in certain parts of the game, armed with a machine gun and rocket launcher.

Gears of War 3 will include a new mode called Beast mode. Similar to Horde Mode in Gears of War 2, the player instead attacks COG members as the Locust creatures. Tokens are earned for killing enemies, allowing the player to upgrade their character to a stronger class of Locust.

Horde Mode is also featured in the third installment, dubbed "Horde 2.0". Instead of previously being a simple "find a spot and hold out" game as in Gears 2, Horde 2.0 plans to be far more strategic. Players will now choose an area as their "Command Post" and earn cash from kills which can be used to build defenses around it, such as wire and laser fences, automatic and manual turrets, and decoys. Every tenth wave will now feature boss monsters from the campaign, including Brumaks and Lambent Berserkers.

Can I get a smurf YEAH?

Horde Mode on Gears 2 with EoFFers has been some of the most intense and awesome gaming experiences I've had. The amount of "OH smurf OH smurf smurf smurf smurf!" as Hell itself tries to get through the front door of the ruined house you are all hiding in is truly beautiful and brutal.

Get the game when it comes out, and fight a god damn war with us! And sig up! (compulsory!) The soundtrack has always been beautiful too. Listen to this - the entire way through - and tell me it does not get your blood a-pumpin'!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

IT'S GAME TIME BABY WOOOOOOO!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can't smurfing wait; this is going to be epic.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Got my pre-order in and I don't care if I have to play on a dislocated thumb or not, I will be playing Gears 3 with you boys.

I could do with a big dumb action game to pass the time. Shame the biggest, dumbest one is on a system I don't even own.

I'm sure Ill get some time with the game as my friends are all Gears addicts. From what I've seen Gears 3 looks polished to hell and still retains the 80's action escapism which never fails to get me in a good mood. Hope you idiots have fun

Articles

I know on the surface Gears is dumb, but as an aside, I think a lot of work has been put into the design of it - both the world, and the general aesthetic and little touches they've put in. It's not something a lot of people who play the game will really care about or notice, but yeah, I dig it.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Guess who doesn't have as much as one Sterling Pound to his name and thus won't be joining you upon release

I've never felt heartbreak like this

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just sell your ass on ebay, Baloki would pay for it.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Guess who doesn't have as much as one Sterling Pound to his name and thus won't be joining you upon release

We live in a cruel, cruel world.

Cool Baird sig though.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post

you've broken my heart for the last time Hobbes

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I swear to God the sum total of my monetary wealth at this time is 90p. I am not joking. Feels pretty smurfing bad man And the worst part is I won't heart Steve saying "DON'T SKIP DA EFF EM VEES"

Articles

Can you not claim JSA?

Also, of course we won't skip the... uh... FMVs. Gears has a well-written plot, likeable characters (Baird and Tai not withstanding!) and enjoyable voice acting.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I applied for Disability (On account of having gone crazy and not being able to leave the house for more than five minutes without starting to damage myself) in December.

They're still deciding.

I'm sure they'll say no, and then I'll have to appeal it, and argh smurf anyway this thread isn't for my problems it's for talking about how Damon Baird is the most utterly glorious man to ever live and how you should all want to have his babies because he is gorgeous and strong and manly and much better than those mouthbreathers he fights alongside.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Double post but I don't care, what are you gonna do about it

Crisis averted. Thanks to the extraordinary generosity of Jiro, I'll be receiving Gears of War 3. So fret not! You shall have your Baird by your side.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I have a gears 3 shirt that says "I'm going commando"? Yeah that's all I have to chime in with....