Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wrong Names

Default Wrong Names

So foa called me Misty instead of Justy. My littler heart is so broken I don't know if I wanna hang with her now.

What do people call you when they mess up your name? I get called Jason so often it's ridiculous. That or Dustin. Whenever I get called one of those names I just roll with it to smurf with people. At work they call me Duck now. It works. I don't get called Jason and now I have a nickname!

'a-hole'

They don't get my first name wrong. It's my last name that seems to confuse people. I've been called martin, mertin, martinez (my fav), martine, martins, and others that I can't remember.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Most bosses/teachers I've ever met call me Stacy, Samantha, or Sarah. For months. Or years.

(SPOILER)my real name is Stephanie

Feels bad man

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been called George by an old coworker before. We were doing some stupid game to try and remember everyone's names and when the guy got to me he, very confidently, said my name was George. And thus I had a new nickname.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

My driving instructor used to always call me Dave. He told me he also had a Dave who he called Paul. How he managed to confuse the two names I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    My driving instructor used to always call me Dave. He told me he also had a Dave who he called Paul. How he managed to confuse the two names I don't know.
    Haha I always mix up guys named Josh and Kevin.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

When I had my old name Kiir lots of people called me Queer for some reason.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Justy View Post
    So foa called me Misty instead of Justy. My littler heart is so broken I don't know if I wanna hang with her now.

What do people call you when they mess up your name? I get called Jason so often it's ridiculous. That or Dustin. Whenever I get called one of those names I just roll with it to smurf with people. At work they call me Duck now. It works. I don't get called Jason and now I have a nickname!
    My phone auto corrected you to Misty. Because my phone has condemned me to auto correct hell. I hope we're still buds.

On my first day at my first job ever I was helping a customer who kept calling me Morgan. I was too shy/afraid to correct her until another co-worker heard her and said "I thought your name was Megan?"

I turned very pink.

EDIT: Also a lady at work calls me Meg. I smurfing hate it and I've said so, I think.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Blog Entries

Sometimes people call me by my name as it is pronounced in Spanish, and I just answer. Then, half the time, they smile and say it properly in an English accent because they realize they aren't going to throw me off with that silly trout.

But, generally, it's hard to get my name wrong or to forget it. It's a wonderful combination of common and memorable- not mixupable.

I get Josh a lot.

A LOT.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My own mother likes to make the mistake of calling me Paul which is the name of my elder brother, I wouldn't mind except there is 15 years age difference between us and my brother is shorter than me by a good half foot or so. Even worse on occasion she has called me Tyler, Tyler is the name of my nephew. He's not even 10.

People in the area I grew up often call me Stephanos or Stephan which is the Greek for my name. Some have even taken to calling me Steph. I'm not overly bothered, to them it's like calling me Steve which is my name.

At school I used to get mixed up with a guy in my year called Anthony but everyone called him by his surname, even teachers. His surname was Caitlin.

In work I once got asked if my name badge said "Shag" I wish I was kidding. To be fair the girl who asked was a new starter and I responded with "thats a little forward but if you're offering I'm in for sure." I did get laid there not at work but yeah.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Everyone thinks my name is Stephan. Stephan! My name is Michael, NOT STEPHAN.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I get Kaylee, Katie, Kimmi, and then all the -eys; Lacey, Jacey, Macy, Tracy, Stacy, etc etc. I didn't think Kaycee was that hard?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I get Dalton a lot.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.