Thread: anyone else miss lost?

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

Default anyone else miss lost?

Ah it sucks. I miss lost. Such a great show. Anyone else miss it? Atleast we will have person of interest to look forward to and alkatraz looks damn good too

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I do indeed miss it, and I wasn't even particularly pissed at the ending like some where.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I miss it only because there isn't really a show out there to take its place. I guess Fringe is good.

I was actually just thinking about this show today and I was realizing, though the show was great, the story was really bad at times and took some very bizarre turns (and not in a good way). I remember when Locke was confronting Ben and then Ben starts talking about Jacob in a why like he was totally making it up (which the actor probably thought he was at the time). Then of course Jacob becomes this central figure who was responsible for basically all of this stuff. Just awful.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Given how much it just sort of meandered for the last several seasons without really seeming to have any direction at all, I can't say I miss it in the slightest. The last season I can say I thought was really good was season 3. After that it just seemed to stumble about, occasionally hitting on an interesting plot point, but often stumbling off to something less interesting before too long, and certainly before the interesting bits got explained in any satisfactory manner.

I think the biggest problem with lost is that they spent the first few seasons setting up interesting mysteries without knowing where they were going with them and the show dragged on a lot longer than it should have. I would have rathered they drop a season or two at the end and tighten up the story arc a lot more.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

They should make that bizarro flash-sideways heavenworld cop pairing of Sawyer and Miles into an actual show, because it would be the best ever.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I miss Lost from before they started time travelling. The first three seasons were good and not over the top.

Lost was great, until the time traveling like Levian said. That's when everything started getting all wonky. Still, one of my favorite series out there.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I loved it. All the way through. It's like Del said, thereąs just nothing to replace it.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I miss a lot of things about it. I miss how incredibly large the show always felt. Even when the storylines were idiotic, it never changed the grandness and cinematic feel to the storytelling. Is there any other show on right now that does that? Shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad are great, but they're so tight and intimate and intense in a closed off sort of way.

And the music on Lost, sooo beautiful. Plus, I miss that feeling of attachment to such a large and varied cast. The kind of camaraderie that the cast had jumped out of the screen. I think that's actually the reason why they were able to get away with such a trout ending. Because just getting the whole cast together in one room was enough for viewers to just lose it and break down in tears.

Now that Battlestar Galactica and Lost are both gone, I can't really think of another show that has that kind of epic cast. Game of Thrones has a big talented cast but a lot of the cast don't interact with each other and for the most part, they're all white.

And of course, I miss a prime time show with a strong supernatural element.

I don't miss the anger I felt when the storylines got so shoot-me-in-the-face-this-is-bullcrap-awful.

I loved Lost, even all the stupid plot twists and stuff. It was endearing how stupid some of it was, and I loved the cast.

I miss it, but saying that, whenever I've tried to rewatch it, I havent been interested.

They should have just made 5 seasons and knitted the time travel/Jacob stories as one cool plot line during the 4th and 5th seasons. I understand they wanted the 6th season to feel like it was all coming to an end and stuff but they should have planned it better from a storymaking stand point rather than dragging it out for television viewers.