Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: ATTENTION Final Fantasy X HD CONFIRMED for PS3 and PS Vita

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Lets guess the month. I predict... October!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    I raise you December!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Stuck in TBD-world with Versus XIII.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

I managed to find all character models and textures for the main cast, and opened them up in Maya (or 3DSMax; they're in both .max and .obj formats). Each character is around 10,000 triangles which is roughly what most current-gen models are in games (they really get their detail from shaders and normal maps). Kind of amazing they were able to fit all that on a PS2 though.

Hopefully that means it wouldn't take them much effort to bring this port up to current-gen standards. Though that really depends on how many development resources they have to throw at it.

Hopefully we see something at E3 this year? Or have they already said they wouldn't?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    I managed to find all character models and textures for the main cast, and opened them up in Maya (or 3DSMax; they're in both .max and .obj formats). Each character is around 10,000 triangles which is roughly what most current-gen models are in games (they really get their detail from shaders and normal maps). Kind of amazing they were able to fit all that on a PS2 though.
    That's pretty cool -- where does one find such data files? I would've thought no one outside Square would have these.
    Pray to Yu Yevon. Dream, fayth. Forever and ever, grant us prosperity.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Can you do the same with FF12? Those characters look even better, it would be interesting to know.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulance View Post
    That's pretty cool -- where does one find such data files? I would've thought no one outside Square would have these.
    This is a great forum to find lots of game models and textures: XeNTaX • View forum - 3D/2D models
    But the one I found I've uploaded here for you: FFXModels.rar

If you don't know how to use Maya or 3DSMax and just want to look at the models, finding a model viewer should be very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

Can you do the same with FF12? Those characters look even better, it would be interesting to know.
    I'm not sure, I'd have to look around but I think it is possible to extract them through the use of a model viewer someone has coded. Either way, they'd probably be about the same. To me they look the same in polygonal detail, probably just have better topology and better texturing.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

[QUOTE=Rostum;3084031]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebulance View Post

This is a great forum to find lots of game models and textures: XeNTaX • View forum - 3D/2D models
    But the one I found I've uploaded here for you: FFXModels.rar

If you don't know how to use Maya or 3DSMax and just want to look at the models, finding a model viewer should be very easy.
    Oh awesome, thanks! I look forward to playing with these!

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaforever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Edge View Post
    I raise you December!
    raise you with spring/summer 2013.
    if it would come at the end of this year, we problably would have heard more of it already

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I predict never, this was just a smurfing prank from SE..

Now seriously, I hope they give a release date. Im tired of waiting..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty much only looking forward to this, call of duty, ffxii, and assassins creed on VITA
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

So e3 just passed and it is the biggest gaming convention and not once did I hear anyone talk about final fantasy 10 hd for the vita. I just don't get it they announce the game and have said absolutely nothing yet about it a release date or anything. What a let down even though I have played and beaten the game it just would be nice if they said something to give a clue when it is coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by sabin101 View Post
    So e3 just passed and it is the biggest gaming convention and not once did I hear anyone talk about final fantasy 10 hd for the vita. I just don't get it they announce the game and have said absolutely nothing yet about it a release date or anything. What a let down even though I have played and beaten the game it just would be nice if they said something to give a clue when it is coming out.
    I am concerned too... hopefully it just means they're not ready to say anything yet, but who knows? I imagine the majority of us have beaten the game already, but I would love this update. To be honest, playing this one on my HDTV with the appropriate configuration of the display so that it maintains its original aspect ratio, it still looks awful. Hence, I don't play it anymore.

Your guess is as good as mine. It is square enix lol. They take their time to release info and it is not always when the fans want it. Look at versus six years and nothing. I don't have a ps3 but I will believe you about the aspect ratio on your tv. I am still not sure what it is going to look like on the ps3 or vita. Only time will tell.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It's really sad because if this is really just a texture update and resolution change and adding trophies, 3 people should be able to do it on their own in a few months at most.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen