Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTENTION Final Fantasy X HD CONFIRMED for PS3 and PS Vita

I think SE is saving the idea of an FF VII remake for when they really hit rock bottom, when all their spin-offs stop selling, because everyone knows the amount of dough they'd make. Right now, they've got so much more going on and are all ready making money, so they can't be arsed. They chose to remake X not only because of it's birthday, but because it'd be easy as balls to do. VII would require a ton more works, and years at it. Not to mention the cost. /shudders

Because X is my favorite, I'm in favor of it. I love the idea, as well as the few example pictures I've seen. GO, SE.
    "We're not the same, dear, as we used to be.
    The seasons have changed and so have we.
    There was little we could say, and even less we could do
    To stop the ice from getting thinner under me and you."

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Rework Tidus and Yuna's voices. Re-translate the game, and PLEASE change Tidus' design.
    I can settle for Yuna's little innocent woman who probably sews voice, but I refuse to tolerate Tidus' again. And yes ^ definitely would like his design to be changed. Why not just keep his hair black instead of giving him blonde with roots? O_o Strange Japanese people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    FFX: Undub - 22 "Laughing scene" (Japanese) - YouTube
    Skip to 7:30

I don't think there was any voice acting. I think they just put a crow in the studio.
    Wtf? I didn't think that laughing scene could be worse than it was in the American version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post

Btw, check out this cool 720p picture i found of Terra.

Well, I don't think it's going to be a remake sadly, but one can hope. They're probably go to up-res all of their games eventually or at least the more popular ones. It would be cool if they took some of the older ones like FF6 and added voice acting and great graphics. I kinda feel like it's pointless to do it to FFX at this point because the graphics are not really outdated like many of the others.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, having pre-ordered my PS Vita months ago, this has made me even more excited!

Personally, I wouldn't want to see any of the Final Fantasy games re-made. The very nature of these games is to imagine an entirely different world and character base (with common elements) for each installment. This is the reason why the FF fanbase is so divided as to where they place their favourites. We should just accept that each one of us will find resonance in different stories in the series because we are all individual.

There is a reason why SE are reluctant to re-make FFVII (despite huge pressure). It's because whatever they change and however it is approached will be slated by a large section of the FF fanbase

It is the same with classic films being upgraded to Blu-Ray. Imagine what 'Jaws' would be like if someone said "God that shark was crap... lets put a CGI one in instead". Anyone who watched the 25th Anniversary of 'ET' will agree that the originals should be left well alone.

I'm all for giving the games a nice HD sheen for us to enjoy them in... but don't alter the original vision in which the games were meant to be enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaforever View Post
    There is a reason why SE are reluctant to re-make FFVII (despite huge pressure). It's because whatever they change and however it is approached will be slated by a large section of the FF fanbase
    Well, I also heard that they don't want to remake anything that is still playable on a current system. I think you can purchase stuff like FFVII from the PS3 Network or whatever they call it.

I didn't even know this was a thing! Wow. I'm probably not going to get the HD version because I'm real out of date myself. Don't even have an HDTV and I really don't think I'll be getting a Vita until I know what games are on it. Haven't got enough money for that. Unless they make any significant changes, I don't see it worth purchasing even if I do get a HDTV. I don't really mind what they're doing, however. I mean, I'm not one for all of this HD fancy stuff, but I think it gives some of the more current players a chance to get FFX in case they missed it.

"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."

Arylettopia (Update: 7/31) | LiveJournal | DeviantArt | Backloggery | Last.FM | Tumblr

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

update, apparently ALL PS3's can play ps2 games, they are now available on PSN. that is correct, sony has been bulltiting us for years.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Are you kidding now?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

so now you are saying that i can buy ps2-games in the normal stores and play it?
    or do i have to get them o PS-store?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

@Shaibana: I am pretty confident that Hypoallegenic is either kidding, or don't know the technical details regarding the PSN-downloadable PS2 games. You can not put any store bought game PS2 game into any PS3 and expect it to work. The "PS2" games available on the Playstation Network are actually modified in a way that lets them run natively on PS3. They are "technically" PS3 games that just re-use the source code and graphics of the old PS2 games.
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-06-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Are you kidding now?
    maybe. they arent putting up massive amounts of them or good ones so who knows what is actually going through their heads

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    update, apparently ALL PS3's can play ps2 games, they are now available on PSN. that is correct, sony has been bulltiting us for years.
    Okay read what Mirage wrote. They just started releasing PS2 classics, I'm sure they'll start releasing better titles as the program goes on. There's no point in them releasing the HD up-res games so there'll be no GOW, PoP, Splinter Cell, Ico-SoC, etc. aka "the good games". This program just provides an oppotunity for the smaller studios to re-release their titles without having to go back into the game and up-res them (which takes a considerably amount of time and resources). Vanillaware for example isn't a big studio and they don't have enough resources to dedicate a team for PS3 re-releases. This will also help Sony pump out more PS2 titles that some people may have missed out on last gen. Sure no Trophy support and no HD resolution is pretty bad, but some people just want to play them in their original goodness.

Hope that helps Hypo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Okay read what Mirage wrote. They just started releasing PS2 classics, I'm sure they'll start releasing better titles as the program goes on. There's no point in them releasing the HD up-res games so there'll be no GOW, PoP, Splinter Cell, Ico-SoC, etc. aka "the good games". This program just provides an oppotunity for the smaller studios to re-release their titles without having to go back into the game and up-res them (which takes a considerably amount of time and resources). Vanillaware for example isn't a big studio and they don't have enough resources to dedicate a team for PS3 re-releases. This will also help Sony pump out more PS2 titles that some people may have missed out on last gen. Sure no Trophy support and no HD resolution is pretty bad, but some people just want to play them in their original goodness.

Hope that helps Hypo!
    IANT FACEPALM:

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Shaibana: I am pretty confident that Hypoallegenic is either kidding, or don't know the technical details regarding the PSN-downloadable PS2 games. You can not put any store bought game PS2 game into any PS3 and expect it to work. The "PS2" games available on the Playstation Network are actually modified in a way that lets them run natively on PS3. They are "technically" PS3 games that just re-use the source code and graphics of the old PS2 games.
    there is actualy 1type of ps3 that does play ps2 games

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

And actually, it is two. The very first version released in the US, with both the PS2's GS and EE processors built into the PS3s, and the later first european model with only the GS.

I think you misunderstood my use of the word "any". In this context, it means you cannot put a PS2 game in "which ever PS3 you would like to", but only a few select PS3s.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I hope we can get goodies like Dark Aeons and Ribbons o:
    I am really hoping for this too. I've dreamed of the day I finally get to fight Penance.

I wonder if Wakka's sigil and crest will be required for the platinum trophy? Screw that noise.
    I like Kung-Fu.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    I hope we can get goodies like Dark Aeons and Ribbons o:
    I am really hoping for this too. I've dreamed of the day I finally get to fight Penance.

I wonder if Wakka's sigil and crest will be required for the platinum trophy? Screw that noise.
    I can deal with Wakka's, it's Tidus, Lulu and Kimahri's that gave me premature grey hairs. I think I ended up giving up on them.

But I am of the camp that would like to see additional content. I love the game (even the reviled "Laughing Scene," if just for the intended purpose behind it) and would love to see an updated version of it, but if it's just the original with a bit more spit polish on it, I can't really justify it.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!