That moogle looks like elmer fudd
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'd say Tweety. Elmer Fudd and Tweety have similarly shaped heads, but this moogle has more bird features than it does human.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, definitely Tweety.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Even if Noel turns out to be a stinking turd, that doesn't make another stinking turd look good. It just makes them both look like stinking turds.
    Perfect quote for me to use at my brothers wedding next year !

Well, since no one else stepped up to defend poor Noel... I'll be the one.

I think it's funny how much people boohoo and whine over characters before they have even played the game. Having played and completed the main story of XIII-2 now, I can say that Noel and Caius are the most interesting characters in it. Noel's appearance is perfect to me. I think the "generic" haircut gives him a very trustworthy and gentle tone, and sets him up as a normal person, not a stereotypical FF badass hero. It sure beats the hell out of the nightmare that is Snow's mullet.

As for his clothing, it looks just like Fang and Vanille's Pulse clothing from the original, but a little more modern with the addition of the spandex shirt, so I think it keeps with the style of the game very well and makes sense since he is from the future. It also has very obvious Japanese influences, and overall I think he looks very handsome and soft on the eyes as a character. It complements his personality well because he is rather upbeat, caring, and strong. I'm glad they created a character like this for this game because 13 had a complete lack of likable or relatable male characters. Snow was a big dufus, Hope was a whiny emo brat (though he slowly grew on me), and Sahz was a stereotypical comedy relief. Overall, I feel that 13 does extremely well with character development and giving the characters real personalities instead of straight up stereotypes, but as far as the males are concerned I never found the characters of 13 to be very interesting. The female leads really drove the experience for me, which is very rare for me as I am male and tend to relate more with the male characters.

So, in summation, don't knock Noel till you've played the game. He is a really great character and refreshing to see after all the weak and moody males in the original 13. The last thing Final Fantasy needs is another brooding emo pretty boy. Noel definitely is not that.

Noel defender #2, then? Anyway, I felt his outfit was the most sane design out of Square's clothing department since... Uh... Well, Yuna does come pretty close, actually. Can't think of anything else before then that looked like the designer had been drinking something else than water at the time of creation.

(Snow fails on account of running around in a big coat, solid shirt and pants and a hat while most of the others wear bugger all. Plausibility check fail.)
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

Blog Entries

#3!

It's early days but he makes the game for me so far.

Imagine if the game was just Serah ditzing around. Gah, no. The game needs someone who is strong, leader-like, knows what they're doing, and the additional pluses this guy has!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    #3!

It's early days but he makes the game for me so far.

Imagine if the game was just Serah ditzing around. Gah, no. The game needs someone who is strong, leader-like, knows what they're doing, and the additional pluses this guy has!
    Cheers to that! And LOL @ Silent Warrior's observation about Snow's coat. He must be one sweaty mother. XD

I think Noel's clothing is at least practical. The spandex top looks breathable and movable, and the pants remind me of the traditional pants that samurai wore with their kimonos in Japan. Giant and baggy, a little funny looking, but at least you can move about in them.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Noel is the best character in the game. Hope second.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Really? I may have to but the game just to see a world where hope could be second best at anything besides whining.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think the complaints about Hope in FFXIII are greatly exaggerated. That said, Hope in FFXIII-2 is a pretty cool dude. I thought it was really neat zipping into the future to see his legacy. He definitely had the largest influence in the way the world turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I think the complaints about Hope in FFXIII are greatly exaggerated. That said, Hope in FFXIII-2 is a pretty cool dude. I thought it was really neat zipping into the future to see his legacy. He definitely had the largest influence in the way the world turned out.
    I agree, Hope played the biggest role in this game it seems like. The reason I like hope so much is how much I hated him at first in 13. He starts out as a really annoying emo kid, and slowly grows up. I was surprised to find myself liking him later in the plot. I thought he'd be an emo stereotype all the way through. I think 13 has exceptional character development. Hope became one of my favorite characters. Thankfully, they elaborated on his awesomeness here.

Blog Entries

Hmm I need to start avoiding threads - spoileriffic xD