Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WINNING!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Pay off debt, buy house, buy car, find some sort of solution that let me live off interests for the rest of my life with just a part time job.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Id get myself a lot of really fun toys.... Like a POOL table... then invest 75% of it.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries

I don't think I'd want a tree city, but I've always been infatuated by the idea of a home in the trees. Somewhere between camping, freedom and luxury.

I also have always wanted something like an underground cave home/fortress.
    If I truly could do it, I would build a magnificent underground home, and then set up a ladder to the surface. At the top would be a very small, homely place, like a trailer and a mailbox, so when I entertained people, I could pretend that I did not have a secret passageway to a vast subterranean lair.
    I would also fill that subterranean lair with antique arcade games.

And when it is time for me to die, I will retire down there and play Final Fantasy until I croak on a leather couch. Then what I shall know, but what I hope people will someday ask is: How long was this skeleton down here? Who was it? WHy did he choose to go this way? Why is the television still on?

Either that or I buy and operate an all you can eat KFC buffet.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually have something that KC might like.

I would buy this house.
    http://design-milk.com/the-safe-hous...by-kwk-promes/

safe-house-1.jpg
    safe-house-3b.jpg

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Ahh yes, the zombie defense house. Nice selection.

I've also thought about an underground house or town or whatever but I would miss the sky too much I think. hence the treehouse house thing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

This would largely depend on the amount of money I had won. But say, for instance, I won EuroMillions, and the winning was £100m - easily enough to do pretty much everything I want to do. In which case...

I would procure...
    ...Eyes on Final Fantasy.
    ...a lot of things for EoFF, such as a better server, better prizes, possibly pay someone like Azar to carry out journalism for us full time, even pay for a few meetups at nice places... stuff like that.
    ...a nice house in or near Edinburgh.
    ...a nice house in or near lower England.
    ...a nice flat near Old Trafford.
    ...a nice house in California.
    ...a nice house in or near Hastings (NZ).
    ...Navah House, the house in NZ in which I grew up.
    ...an American visa (the $1,000,000 investment option).
    ...a provisional driver's licence.
    ...a Holden Commodore.
    ...a nice place for the family of the child I sponsor.
    ...a large investment towards saving the Jaguar.
    ...naturally, I would invest in other charities but I don't know which ones.
    ...various SE fanboy material.
    ...all the gaming consoles I don't already have.
    ...two awesome desktop computers.
    ...two awesome laptops.
    ...lots of games! I'd even get Xbox Live. Haha.
    ...a trip to see EoFFers around the world.
    ...a trip to see a few of my mates from High School.
    ...a trip to see the ex's I haven't met yet due to having online relationships. This might sound weird to some, but I get along with all of them, and they were important parts of my life, so it would be nice.
    ...trips for EoFFers to meet me and each other at my place. I miss doing this as often as I used to.
    ...a few holidays just for the sake of seeing the world.
    ...a very nice engagement ring and a very nice wedding for Danielle and myself.
    ...more of Mum's artwork.
    ...some artwork from artists at EoFF such as Pete for President, black orb, Cute&Dangerous, etc. to put up on my walls at my main home. Wherever that might end up being.
    ...nice food. Oh, man. I would spend a decent amount on nice food.
    ...gym stuff. Because of the nice food. xD
    ...I would give away significant sums to my closest friends, such as Dan and Lev, to aid them in things they want to do in life. The same goes for all my family. For people I know who struggle to get by despite doing what they can, I'd obviously help to get them on their feet, too. I'd probably set aside about £5m for funding friends and family (both mine and Danielle's).
    ...Education for myself in things I want to know about. Although probably not a degree or anything. Home-tutoring would be more my thing. Hire people to help me learn to play instruments such as the piano, help with coding EoFF stuff, help me learn to cook better (I'd probably just pay my Mum for that), help me learn languages... things like this.

I would live off the interest on around £50m, which should mean many, many thousands per month.

Once I had finished with all my travel, I would likely get back to work in some form. Be that my current job, a voluntary position somewhere or a small video game store or something, I don't know. But I don't think I would like to stop work altogether, it's something I tend to enjoy. Maybe I'd just work on EoFF full time.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Pay off debt. Travel some. Build a house and buy a car. Then put the rest in savings to gain interest and send Anya to Juilliard or Alvin Ailey, or Harvard or Yale, or whatever TOP school in her Major. I'd probably also buy my mom a house.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh man, I'd buy this sick pair of kicks I saw the other day.

Then I'd put the rest in the bank. Think about the interest on that! I wouldn't have to think of a list for you chumps because I'd be off doing whatever the hell I felt like whenever the hell I felt like doing it.

Coke... tons of it.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Buy a persacomp
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

With the trouble I'm having with this store, I would love to have a giant chunk of cash added into my bank account just so I could build it.
    If I had just millions from a lotto victory, I'd explode the second floor into a Christian concert and event venue. I'd contact the radio stations and get them on board to have peopl play at my location. Probably rooftop concerts. Then, I'd buy the building next to mine, knock it down and make it a parking lot. I'd build a building on my parking lot nd make that a massive addition to my store so I would never have to worry about ever having to confess that there's a book that ever exited that I don't have.
    My decorations would be teriffic. I Would make a real rock wall to represent the gates of Damascus for my Judaica section. I would pour on some insane decorations with statues and colorful paintings of Bible stories for my children's departments. I would buy ancient artifacts and relics to make a practically a Bible museum scattered throughout my store.
    And everybody would get pay raises.
    And oh the events I could throw! I could get all kinds of island cuisine and throw all kinds of parties for different pastors and churches, and I could combine them with my band potential to create church concerts and then, ultimately, make my place the most fantastic Christian destination in south Florida and finally realize my dream of displaying to the youth of America that there is more to do in this city than the things that got it into Grand Theft Auto.
    I'd also buy a plot in Colorado and North Carolina. And New York.
    I'd get landing strips in each of them and then learn how to fly a plane. Then, I would just fly to whichever house I want to go to. In my dreams, I will spend the day in Coney Island and then fly home to Arkansas and sleep in the wilderness.
    I would absolve the debts of my family members. I'd probably set my roommate up in a place of his own.
    Oh, and I might rebuild another 350 S-10.
    But maybe the first thing I'd do is hire a dietician and take about 8 months off to do nothing but exercise and slack off - no. First I'd do the business stuff. Then I'd worry about my already reasonable health.

Yeah. Money bro. I wantses it. Now I'm losing what? Thousands per month? If I don't win the lottery, I'll probably die instead.

Doctor Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I'd build a city in the trees. o.o I want a damn treehouse town.
    I'd live in your treehouse town.

With that much money, I'd split the cost of a treehouse town with Kaycee, that way she wouldn't have to spend all her money on it, and then I'd pay of the $4000 student loan I have.
    And buy a new wardrobe with clothes that I actually like, instead of the cheap stuff I'm having to buy now. AND LOTS AND LOTS OF WIGS.

Possibly help my brother with his medical bills I suppose.
    You always said I looked grumpy. But those were the happiest days of my life.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I would procure...
    ...a lot of things for EoFF, such as a better server, better prizes, possibly pay someone like Azar to carry out journalism for us full time, even pay for a few meetups at nice places... stuff like that.
    I got this far before I realised that you don't even like me. I'm not trying to detract from Azar because he is amazing but I mean COME ON.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Buy a persacomp
    For some reason at first glance I thought this said "buy a spaceship".

Then I realized... that is what I would do. Yes. I would buy a spaceship.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Pay for college, put money into a charity, and save the rest.