Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most adorable dialogue ever

Squall: How about this... I'll be here... Rinoa: ...Why? Squall: The reason why you couldn't find me was because we haven't promised yet. Rinoa: Promised...? Squall: I'll be waiting for you. If you come here, you'll find me. I promise. Rinoa: I'll be here, too. It's a promise! Thanks, Squall! Next time, we'll meet for sure!</pre>
    I carry these memories inside, thoughts of A Soul colored by love and loneliness ~ Evol

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Epic stuff guys. The scenes you mentioned fill me with nostalgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiro
    I also enjoyed the hollow sound when Squall thwacks Zell with his gunblade in D-District Prison. It's the best sound ever.
    Haha, it really is.

The Garden duel was amazing. That speech above that McLovin' posted really geared you up for the battle ahead and got you even more involved in the game. Preparing for the Sorceress festival in Deling was memorable. My favourite moment from the game though was when Squall rescued Rinoa from the Sorceress Memorial. A perfect scene executed brilliantly.

Blog Entries

For me, the game is all about Laguna and his story. Every line is like reading the Bible. I would have been perfectly contend with just his story being told. An amazing game it would make.

I just cannot handle the whole Squall and Rinoa romance thing. If there ever was a more awkward, forced, and downright embarassing attempt at a love story, I've yet to see it. Reading through all of the lines was and still is brutal.

The main reason Rinoa. I hate every line she has. In every single line she comes off as an annoying, immature, blundering idiot. What that handsome fox ever saw in her is a mystery to me.

So...this thread is just "favorite lines in the game?"

Cool.

Seifer: This is the scene where you swear undying hatred for me! The tale of the evil mercenary vs. the sorceress knight... The fun's just started, Squall. Don't disappoint me now!

I like how Seifer is convinced he's the real hero of the game.

On a more somber note, I felt really bad about beating up Seifer on my current playthrough.

Just look at the poor guy.
    FINAL FANTASY VIII - (Edea & Seifer Boss PT. 2) Balamb Garden vs. Galbadia Garden Part 6 - YouTube

And then his dialogue:
    "I'm the sorceress' knight. You'll never...get past me."
    "I can't afford to lose."

All this while he can barely stand. And when he can't take anymore-
    "Damn, I'm disgraced."

He falls over in a crumpled heap of broken dreams and shattered confidence.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Zell busting out of prison with nothing but his fists.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    On a more somber note, I felt really bad about beating up Seifer on my current playthrough.

Just look at the poor guy.
    FINAL FANTASY VIII - (Edea & Seifer Boss PT. 2) Balamb Garden vs. Galbadia Garden Part 6 - YouTube

And then his dialogue:
    "I'm the sorceress' knight. You'll never...get past me."
    "I can't afford to lose."

All this while he can barely stand. And when he can't take anymore-
    "Damn, I'm disgraced."

He falls over in a crumpled heap of broken dreams and shattered confidence.
    I always felt the same. I liked Seifer as a character and you are made to belittle him in the game. He deserves it like, but it's still tough.

There wasn't any actual dialogue but the ending scene with Laguna's unique proposal to Raine always gets me, it spoke volumes. I agree with the person above who said it would have been much better with just Laguna's story, I feel him and Seifer are the better characters in VIII.

The dialogue between little Ellone and Laguna was pretty adorable and I loved how in the orphanage flashback Irvine asked Selphie what to play and Selphie said: "WARRRR!"