Thread: best place to work on limits?

Default best place to work on limits?

i been on the sunken ship because im morphing sources at the same time.. but its going pretty slow.. better places to build up limit break levels faster?

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

To fill up the limit bar?

If there's a specific person you want to gain a limit break, make them eat a Hyper and remember to equip the Cover materia.
    The forests of Mideel is a good place to gain a limit break.

sunken ship works as well, but you always get encounters with just one enemy and they don't always use physical attacks. You gain a lot when they first use physical attacks there though.

no i mean learning new limit breaks

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

There are two things you need to do to learn limit breaks.
    To get the second limit break for a level (ie. Climahazard) you have to use the first level one a certain amount of times.

To get to a new limit break level (ie. Climahazard->Blade Beam) you need to kill a certain amount of enemies.

For killing a ton of enemies I usually like to go to the mithril mines and run around the screen where you first enter from the Midgar side. Enemies come in a minimum of 2 at a time, 4-5 is the most common. And they are easily wiped out by very inexpensive spells.

To get lots of limit breaks I recommend equipping the characters with as much HP reducing materia (all your most powerful magic) to get their HP as low as possible, and equip them with the worst armor you have (wizard bracelet is perfect). Also Fury is a must. Then just find any manipulatable enemy with a decently strong attack and give'er. You can lower your HP bellow 1000 even late in the game, so almost anything will work.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The Mithril Mines are always a good bet. So are the forests outside, where you can find Yuffie for the first time. You fight those plant things that do pretty decent damage and should help fill up your limit bar, so you can work on both at once.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yup. Mythrill Mines is my personal choice for building limits as well. I try to get everyone up to at least the first level three limit before leaving.

I always dismissed Aeris' Limit Breaks due to her impending death although... I think on my next playthrough I'll get them built up... just so I can see what Great Gospel is like.

Actually, how is that possible? I've always had the highwind when getting to the sleeping man in the cave. How can you get the piece of mythrill off the guy before Aeris snuffs it?

Blog Entries

Well I found it pretty easy to get limit breaks on disk 2. Go to cactur island and manipulate him then using 1000 needles on yourself. With a hyper and mid level (30-50) you will gain more limit based on your HP. After you do the first limit so many times you will gain the second. Now it's time to get in the highwind and go to the forest outside of Rocket Town. Kill a bunch of enemies with that person and you will gain the next limit break in about 10-20 minutes of fighting.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaforever View Post
    Actually, how is that possible? I've always had the highwind when getting to the sleeping man in the cave. How can you get the piece of mythrill off the guy before Aeris snuffs it?
    You can take the buggy across the ocean by driving it into Costa Del Sol, and then you can use the buggy to get to the cave, if I remember correctly.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbaforever View Post
    You can take the buggy across the ocean by driving it into Costa Del Sol, and then you can use the buggy to get to the cave, if I remember correctly.
    Great stuff, I'll give it a try. Wouldn't have thought that buggy could hitch a ride on the boat though, I suppose there was plenty of room in the hold.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

There's a forest between nibelheim and rocket town where you can encounter up to 5 enemies at once, and it happens pretty often.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?