Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFL Thread

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

I was under the impression that he wasn't too popular outside of Philadelphia anyway. And though it's not right, we are all willing to some extent to let unsavoury aspects of people slide when it comes to sports (certainly if it involves a team we support) or even films and music.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Here's a question:

If Vick gets caught dog-fighting again, what say you?

Also, I remain very impressed with Josh Freeman.

Take care all.

If he got caught dog-fighting again, never mind how repellent an activity that is, he'd be a surefire contender for dumbest person ever (even by sports standards).

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well maybe it's poetic justice that he's paying for it another way - he's still playing great but he's on a team that just can't deliver, and now they're 1-3. Watching his reaction at the postgame was hilarious.

Anyway, been watching a lot more this season, it's been pretty crazy. Tons of insane comebacks already, especially w/ my Giants I really want to catch a full Detroit game instead of just watching their logic-defying highlights. There's been a lot of edge-of-your-seat football so far.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

He's still making upwards of $14 million this year regardless of how his team does. That's the part that bugs me. I don't care if he continues to play football. But to do what he did and then get another opportunity to be a millionare and revered by fans is just unfair to people who work hard and obey the law. Yes, outside of Philly people hate him, but if he got traded to Cleveland do you think those fans would hate him then? Nope, they'd cheer him all the same as he runs around pump faking.

If he got caught dog fighting again I would not even be a little surprised. And I would hope he gets sent up for 10 years this time.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Well clearly the gods of American football don't think much of Michael Vick either at the moment, the Eagles losing again. As for Indianapolis without Manning, this is just getting painful now.

Good to see Minnesota holding on to a lead this time!