Thread: Anna Kournikova: new "Biggest Loser" trainer

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Watching Anna get stuck with the old people is kind of funny though. There is no smurfing way she knows what she's doing
    Most personal trainers don't either.
    Look at how much I care about "most personal trainers."

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

>Certified professional doesn't know what they're doing
    >Cares when a celebrity doesn't know what they're doing either
    >mfw

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This thread is about Biggest Loser, not personal trainers in general. COPY PASTE DUH

Blog Entries

You're the biggest loser.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

it's funny because it's anna kournikova.

I need to get some mickey mouse certification (say, at the YMCA) so I can start spouting my mouth off and be disregarded for being a stupid trainer rather than a stupid pg.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Give me my quarter million dollars, bitch.

Blog Entries

Money is for winners.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

^ That's why he has none.

Since my original Biggest Loser thread failed to attract attention (possibly because I didn't put the main attention-getter up front), I figured I'd scrap that thread and make a new one. Hopefully, this one will grab your attention, now that I'm putting the main point front-and-center this time. Anyway, yes, that's right: former Russian-American female pro tennis athlete (and Maxim magazine pin-up model) Anna Kournikova is one of two new trainers on The Biggest Loser for its 12th season (and yes, she's still with Enrique Iglesias). She previously appeared as a guest trainer on a tennis-themed challenge in season 10, and is one of two brand new trainers this season; the other is Dolvett Quince, a male trainer who has worked with Janet Jackson and Justin Bieber. Jillian Michaels did not return this season, nor did Cara Castronuova and Brett Hoebel from the previous season, leaving Bob Harper as the only returning trainer. Alison Sweeney also returns as the host. Anna trains the blue team, Dolvett trains the red team, and Bob trains the black team. (In previous seasons, he trained the blue team, but has switched to black this season, leaving the blue color to Anna.) I didn't see all of the first episode last week, but from what I did see, Anna is certainly much tougher than she looks. She may not be as tough as Jillian (at least not yet), but she's still quite tough: She denied one contestant both water and a break ("No, we are working now! Push yourself... you can go faster! No water. We're not done!"), and when another contestant complained about his heel, she replied "I don't care." She has stated that she has been a fan of the show for quite some time, and is honored to have been casted as a full-time trainer this season. She is the youngest trainer to join the show (she just turned 30 last July), and oddly enough, she got the oldest contestants this season. The 15 contestants' first challenge was to race to get the chance to pick their trainer. They were divided into groups of five, based on age: 30 and under, 31-49, and 50 and over. The 31-49 group came in first and chose Bob, and the 30- group chose Dolvett, leaving the 50+ group with Anna. She is also the tallest female trainer to join the show (she stands 5'8'', whereas Jillian, Cara, and Kim Lyons froms seasons 3 and 4 all stand between 5'2'' and 5'4''). She has also stated that her experience comes from training as an athlete with numerous trainers before her, and was also certified as a trainer after she left professional tennis. She also credits her mother for her toughness, stating that she, her mother, disciplined her, Anna, hard when she was young. If you're a tennis fan, and think that Anna Kournikova is hot, then what's your opinion about her being a new trainer on the show? I personally would have rather them bring back Kim Lyons from seasons 3 and 4, but I'll still give Anna a chance.
    thanks for this, great share dude.........! anyway, this does make sense:
    I knew someone would go there.

Blog Entries

Does anybody else get all excited that Meat Puppet has returned when shion posts?

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I take it from context that Meat Puppet is a former member.

Other than that, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Blog Entries

Grin

man i have been around here too long. i know virtually everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Peegee View Post
    it's funny because it's anna kournikova.

I need to get some mickey mouse certification (say, at the YMCA) so I can start spouting my mouth off and be disregarded for being a stupid trainer rather than a stupid pg.
    What exactly do you mean by "a Mickey Mouse certification," anyway? She is certified, because if she wasn't, she wouldn't be allowed to train those contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Give me my quarter million dollars, b****.
    Well, you did reference the fact that the finalist winner of the show gets a $250,000 prize, and the runner-ups get like... $25,000-$50,000 or so, and the winner out of those eliminated gets a $100,000 prize.

This year, a new twist has been added; at the end of the season, every contestant, whether they have been eliminated or not, will compete in a marathon, and the winner of that marathon will automatically become a finalist.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-f...haracters.html

As a side note, remember my topic about overweight Final Fantasy characters, and their need for trainers on a fictional "Final Fantasy Biggest Loser" concept that I couldn't get to because of other things that I had to do? Well, I just realized that Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII would be a great trainer for the show; something about her tells me that she would be a great counterpart to Jillian Michaels.

But anyway, back to Anna Kournikova and the real Biggest Loser show as the main topic.
    Is that your final answer?

Blog Entries

Grin

Certain places let you have the title of personal trainer after doing a weekend course. I want to do that.

Really? How is that possible?

Also...

It's also kind of funny how Bob's just wiping the floor with both of the new trainers.
    Actually, the previous week, the old black team suffered their first elimination in week 6, and just the other day, in week 7, the teams got switched around.

And I also recently found out that Anna won't return next season. The next female trainer is yet to be announced.
    Is that your final answer?