Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Iconic scenes/movies you dont get

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Pro tip for using spoiler tags: Explain what the spoiler is to do with before you put in the spoiler tag. You can also customise spoiler tags so that people can easily know what it's to do with. For example...

[</>spoiler="FFVII spoiler"]tifa has giant boobs[/spoiler]

turns into

FFVII spoilertifa has giant boobs

This message brought to you by the number VII and letters V, I and I.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    Will Ferrell is just completely unfunny, Will Smith is a terrible actor and Fresh Prince was never funny. The Hangover is a terrible film and FRIENDS is the worst TV series ever devised. The Shining is a godawful film. Not even joking
    I... I... oh my god...
    I love how well that works with your sig...

And you can see that I seem to but heads with almost everyone around me on preferences. I forgot to add my unbridled hate for Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy, South Park and the like, too..
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Hating Family Guy and American Dad is understandable, as those are horrendously unfunny, but it is not possible to hate the old Simpsons without hating childhood or South Park without hating life, beauty, and Cheesy Poofs.

Family guy and American dad are terrible, Simpsons were always hit and miss with me, and south park has stretches of awesome, though mostly range from amusing to very good with the occasional episode of dumb.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hate American Dad, and am dissapointed in most later Simpsons. Family Guy I don't mind, South Park I always give a chance.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    LOTR books are simply amazing reads. Tolkein basically created not only a story but a world, several languages for that world, and in his world created a history. The way the books are written is it's charm. I always find it's the regimented type of person that don't like his books. Those of free thought lap that tit up.
    I've got some interesting LotR trivia for y'all, that you probably didn't know. Check out this video and listen from 6:09 to 8:13.

What else....Oh Yea. Japanese smurfing comics. Manga tit and all those smurfing anime cartoons. What a lot of BALLS they are.
    u jelly?

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    and if you don't consider the consecutive releases of each one to be defining events around Christmas in your youth you are just... poo.
    They remind me of college, not my youth. That and the Matrix trilogy are what defined college for me. xD (Well, the second two Matrix movies, anyway. The first happened when I was still in high school.)

P.S. I haven't read the LotR trilogy. But I liked the Hobbit.
    me either! *hi 5*

I tried to read TTT and got to about chapter 6. By that time Aragorn and co had moved about 15 feet forward and was scavenging orc corpses for arrows. Six chapters. I gave up.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post
    Will Ferrell is just completely unfunny, Will Smith is a terrible actor and Fresh Prince was never funny. The Hangover is a terrible film and FRIENDS is the worst TV series ever devised. The Shining is a godawful film. Not even joking
    I... I... oh my god...
    I love how well that works with your sig...

And you can see that I seem to but heads with almost everyone around me on preferences. I forgot to add my unbridled hate for Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy, South Park and the like, too..
    Wow it really does. I'm loving this sig more and more every day.

I can easily agree with you on american dad and family guy, I watched the latter for a while but got bored with it and never turned back. I've never enjoyed american dad, but I still love southpark and the simpsons.
    Never watch any of them now though because I'm never watching t.v.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I thought Family Guy had its moments. I know I'm the only person in the world who thinks so, but hey, you can't win 'em all, I guess.

Blog Entries

Oh it had its moments, but overall I just found it boring.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    I thought Family Guy had its moments. I know I'm the only person in the world who thinks so, but hey, you can't win 'em all, I guess.
    Nah, I agree with that. The Star Wars episodes, for example. American Dad, however, is utterly horrible.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I've never actually seen American Dad. It basically looked to me like Family Guy but with (slightly) different characters, so I never bothered watching it.

Blog Entries

Just watched Unbreakable with Bruce Willis in my Film as Literature class. My god that movie was terrible.
    Only one character had any depth, the plot was predictable, the pacing was awful, and the writing was "eh". Most importantly though, it was BORING! Dear lord I've never seen a movie move so slowly, it actually moved so slowly the ending ended up being absolutely terrible and anticlimactic.
    Now, I usually don't critique movies, I'm VERY laid back when I watch movies. If they entertained me... I say it was a good movie. This one didn't entertain me in any way, the only way I found entertainment was by critiquing the movie and even then that didn't help much.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The whole "royale with cheese" thing in Pulp Fiction. I never got why that was so funny. I mean, I know it's ridiculous and probably something random two people would talk about casually, but still.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I honestly enjoyed the majority of the first two seasons of Family Guy. The ones before they were cancelled. It had silly non sequiturs, but they were spread out further and more of the jokes seemed to be plot based.

There's been a few episodes here and there from the new seasons that were good, but for the most part it's no longer fresh and they've run the formula into the ground. The obscure reference bit has been flogged into a coma.

Am I the only one that thinks Futurama is the one to rule them all? I love that show.

I pretty much don't get Rocky Horror Picture Show. I know everyone loves it, but I just sit there completely not identifying with any of the characters.