Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Season 6: Pitchfork Time *spoilers*

Lame twist and execution. They could have revealed it in a way that was much more epic.

But I do look forward to a Colin Hanks vs Dexter fight. And it better not end in just 2 seconds with Dexter just tranquilizing him.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    A good episode, but not exactly a shocking twist at the end. (SPOILER)For the past two weeks, the writers had really beaten us over the head with the idea that Gellar didn't really exist. The message on the wall of the hotel room made it explicit.

I did LOVE Deb standing up to LaGuerta. Man, I hate that conniving bitch. (SPOILER)How about the revelation that Matthews was the guy with the hooker? I wouldn't be at all surprised if LaGuerta starting trying to inconspicuously help Deb to find Matthews so that she could take his job. Here's hoping they both lose their jobs and Deb takes over the world!
    Agreed, haha.

Of three twists this episode, the one I did not see coming was (SPOILER)that baby-faced intern having the hand from the ice truck killer case. WHAT'S HIS GAME. I wonder if he's looking into Dexter's past and finding out more than he should.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Oh yeah. It does lead to a big question. (SPOILER)Is it a coincidence that he's an intern where Dexter works, involved with Dexter's babysitter, quickly started worshiping the ground Dexter stands on, and also interested in the ice truck killer? It would not surprise me if he had used his hacking skills to discover Dexter's extracurriculars and has been making his decisions based on the desire to learn more.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Am I the only one that didn't see the Gellar thing coming? I thought Dexter saw him both of the last two times they showed him. I did see the thing with the hand coming though.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Worst season EVER.

Every god damn "twist" was so freakin' predictable. I can't believe they drew out the whole Geller thing for this many episodes. Such bad writing. They knocked you over the head with it. Oh and Matthews was the one with the hooker? My goodness, what a shock!

And I hate how careless Dexter is this season. Really Dexter, you're going to put your phone number in a murder suspects phone? Ok. How about seeing a small enclosed space and decided to just GO INSIDE. And let's just run around the office building where a potential victim works and there's bound to be cameras. Ughghgh.

I like meticulous careful and badass Dexter so much better than whoever this character is.

Miami Metro brought the full retard into this episode too. INTERNET PROTOCOL ADDRESS, you can track those? Wow! Because you need an intern to do basic police work.

And if Dexter hadn't been deliberately sabotaging the police investigation, they probably would have caught Colin Hanks by now, and probably prevented several of those deaths. Way to go Dexter!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Am I the only one that didn't see the Gellar thing coming?
    Possibly the only one in the universe. The past two episodes were especially blatant in their "hints."

I agree with Miriel that Dexter has been stupidly careless lately, even for him (and he usually is randomly careless in order to further plot points). I do wonder how Dexter will deal with the fact that the last couple of murders happened only because he refused to do anything about Hanks.

I have actually disliked this season a bit. I enjoyed the last one more. I'm one of those weird Lumen fans. They dragged that Gellar thing on and on, made it so obvious, then turned around and acted like it wasn't. Now I only have a few episodes left that will be covering ground we didn't already know was coming. I'm trying hard to just enjoy the show, but wading through some of these episodes has been a chore.

And yeah, Dexter is nearly just frustrating at this point. Not only with carelessness, but after Trinity for him to still stick to "I MUST SABOTAGE THE POLICE INVESTIGATION AND GET THERE FIRST"... I don't know, it feels like he grows and then regresses again, over and over. But what show would there be otherwise, I suppose.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I agree with all of the above points about this season. I come for the kill rooms, and there's been, what... two?

Did it seem like Dexter and Debra were about to make out in the preview for next week?

The intern is a little bitch.

LaGuerta swinging her dick around is the best line in the whole episode.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Dexter's insistence on continually sabotaging the police investigation is definitely wearing thin. He also seems to go on more personal joyrides during the day than actual work. I know he's always done that, but it's seemed even worse in recent weeks. And his little preaching against the intern's video game was painful. I'd want to play as a serial killer!

I expected things to start picking up 2-3 episodes ago, but that has yet to materialize.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I am so bummed by Dexter's selfishness.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I'm bummed by his stupidity. It feels like character is being sacrificed to plot and I flecking hate that. Especially when the plot is not coming across particularly strong atm. I just hope it's all a meta-trick. The writers are tricking us into thinking the writing's deteriorating to get us off guard. Ya, that's it.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dexter is being an idiot. It's also frustrating that the show seems to know it's not making any sense and despite this, are hell bent on following it through.

At some point in the season, I think the writers realized that Dexter's sabotaging made no sense. This wasn't like his brother or trinity where there were real draws for Dexter that made the whole thing personal for him. And so instead of actually writing a story in which Dexter is pulled in for legitimate reasons, they just repeatedly have the character say that this is so important to him, that it's personal, that the kill is going to be his. There's this weird disconnect between what the character is saying, and the things that are actually happening in the plot as well as character history and personality. They have him claim things like, "after all he's put me through!" except, he hasn't really been put through anything. Which makes this whole season so smurfing weird and nonsensical.

And a videogame where you play as famous serial killers IS creepy and offensive. Especially bringing it up to someone whose wife was murdered by a serial killer. Jesus christ, this intern. The way they've been shoving him down our throat this season, I'm sure he's going to end up being part of some twist during the finale. Maybe he's the one who finally figures out Dexter via his magical computer abilities, ie: being able to look at browser history.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

These friggin' writers. I totally knew they were going to try to spin the whole (SPOILER) incest thing. I saw it coming. I was actually talking to someone while watching the show and said for laughs, "they're probably going to try to make like Deb and Dexter are gonna get together and then twenty minutes later it happened with the whole psychiatrist thing MOTHER smurfERS. The only thing I didn't see coming was the hand thing as someone said earlier. That was just weird and not sure what exactly the guy is up to. My guess is crazed serial killer fan.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So much hate at the idiotic psychiatrist for suggesting that Deb has feelings for Dexter because they're not biologically related. smurf THAT trout. Because adopted kids aren't "real" sons/daughters/siblings??

And the writers are assholes for making two divorced actors go down this dumbass storyline. It made the whole scene probably the most uncomfortable thing I've watched on TV in recent memory.