Thread: Fantasy Hockey!

Default Fantasy Hockey!

With no basketball looming, hockey steps in to the late fall/winter spotlight!

As such, who wants to play some yahoo fantasy hockey? The season is very rapidly approaching, so I made the draft for this coming Friday night and the season to start on Saturday (We'll miss the first two days of games)

Feel free to join! All I ask is that you stay active and involved.

League ID#: 73771
    League Name: EoFF Hockey
    Password: icing

Draft time: Friday, October 7th 8pm EST

Take care all.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I played the hockey league many years ago. I forgot how I did. Like 3rd place or something. Problem is, I know very little about hockey and have very little interest in learning. Too bad the NBA is being stupid, I would love to get some revenge on you after you kicked my butt in baseball and will eventually kick it in football.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Alright, I went for it. Other people need to join now!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I love hockey I just don't know how fantasy hockey works. :S

In a nutshell:

You draft players from the NHL to your "team" and based on their performances in various categories, ranging from goals, assists, penalty minutes, shutouts, and the like, your team accumulates points in the standings.

Depending on the number of teams, the points can change, but if there are 10 teams and you lead in a given category, you have the full 10 points. If someone passes you, they get the 10 points and you drop to 9 points, and on and on throughout the season. Usually, the best, most consistent, all-around team wins.

Also, do we want head-to-head matchups a la football or should I leave it as it is?

Take care all.