Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Order Bonuses

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

What the smurf, America! You gonna let those red coats show you up? Ugh, I want all the things.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    Okay, the awesomeness of the UK strikes again! Pre-ordering from Game (no matter which edition you get. I personally preordered Crystal) bags you a Steelbook Case, Episode One Novella, Art Cards, Omega battle and Alternate Noel and Serah costumes
    Dude, nice! Thanks for the heads up.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Unsure on what editions of the game the rest of the world gets but here's a breakdown of the UK Editions:
    Obviously, a standard just game edition
    Collectors Edition:
    http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideo...hot_268810.jpg

Crystal Edition:
    http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideo...hot_268805.jpg

Obviously, both editions are available on the PS3 too but the site chose to upload the images of the inferior edition (Trololol)
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default Pre-order bonuses

I work for your friendly neighborhood game selling chain store place in america. So, i'm poor. Anyway! While at work today I was trying my hardest to find out what the outfit was for our preorder. We couldn't find on our computer a picture of it, which made me sad. So here I am on the handy dandy interwebs and it has shown me a picture.

Pretty Isn't it?

Well to find this I found out what the other DLC preorder stuff is and the northern Europe bonuses are cool AND A LOT. I AM JELLY! I have this love for preorder bonuses. I will preorder games if they have awesome bonuses even if I wasn't going to buy it prior.

Discuss preorder bonuses and if you're going to do so with FFXIII-2

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'm going to get the game eventually, but my plan was to wait a while for a price drop. I would only pre-order if I thought the bonus was worth more than the price drop.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I went with Amazon for the Omega fight/party member. I don't really care much about costumes or extra books or whatever.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I've been told Scandinavia gets a unique appearance for Serah too, but I don't have any picture of it.
    Hm... Hey, here's a link to the standard fare ('basic' edition) at Swedish game shop Game.se: Final Fantasy XIII&#45;2 Nordic Edition &#40;PS3&#41; - GAME.se

(... Yeah, the text is nearly all in English, SO?? Guess they didn't bother translating, the lazy bums.)
    Summary: Two skins for Noel + Serah (unclear whether this is two skins each, or one for S and one for N), one FF13-2 calendar, a weapon for Noel, and Omega.
    I suppose the Collector/Crystal bundles we get include the Nordic edition of the game...
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.

I swear there's already a thread like this *checks* Yep and it has the same title (Capitals not-withstanding). Anyways im going to vent out on Square Enix North America while I'm here. I Pre-ordered the CE at Best Buy (for the novella), but I HATE SE NA!!!!! Mainly because Europe gets EVERTHING!! In Europe you can get The Collector's edition (an even more fancy one than what we have), Costumes for Noel and Serah, Soundtrack, the novella and these neat character cards. On top of all that there's a Pre-orer bonus for this badass STEELBOOK case. It's possible to get all this AT ONE STORE!

We don't get SH*T!! There are some store's that offer the Steelbook case, but BB doesn't. Gamestop/EB has the costumes and Amazon has the Omega monster (i think there's a bonus quest as well). I hate this f**king monopoly BS where we have to double/triple down to get all the pre-order stuff or buy it for absurd prices on Ebay. The STEELBOOK is only G1 in Europe. I've confirmed this with Youtube users in Belgium who already got the STEELBOOK ahead of time from the store they pre-ordered at. Heads up to anyone living in Canada, apparently the G2 STEELBOOK is exclusive to Futureshop (a website admin confirmed it) so make sure to get it there if your planning on getting the PS3 version. FYI G1 is the XBOX 360/DVD cover, G2 is the smaller PS3/Bluray one.

The time of Europeans loathing us in gaming is over. European editions:
    https://member.eu.square-enix.com/si...bbd0ba1807.jpg

Crystal Edition:
    https://member.eu.square-enix.com/si...c512ceec28.jpg

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

We get it four days before them, if that helps any. Depending on where your priorities lie that may be a better bonus.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    I swear there's already a thread like this *checks* Yep and it has the same title (Capitals not-withstanding).
    Yes but this one is cooler because I made it and it has pictures.

So just help me be clear on this, you can't get the steelbook case/novella/downloadable pack bonus offer in the US? Only UK?

Quote Originally Posted by LFC View Post
    So just help me be clear on this, you can't get the steelbook case/novella/downloadable pack bonus offer in the US? Only UK?
    You wont be able to get all of that in one store. Pre-Order bonuses are retail-exclusives in the US. You'll have to double down or look on ebay (absurd prices, STEELBOOK going for $40-$50).

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I actually absolutely hate ingame pre-order bonuses. Give us post cards or stickers or something instead.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC View Post
    You wont be able to get all of that in one store. Pre-Order bonuses are retail-exclusives in the US. You'll have to double down or look on ebay (absurd prices, STEELBOOK going for $40-$50).
    I have no intention of pre-ordering every where that a bonus is available, I just really want that bundle Europe is getting, any single bonus item by itself isn't enough to entice me to pre-order but all that stuff they are getting in a single bundle is definitely worth taking the time to make a reservation. Thanks for clarifying.

Ok, well then does any one know which retailers will be selling or stocking the crystal edition???

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I actually absolutely hate ingame pre-order bonuses. Give us post cards or stickers or something instead.
    I prefer physical things too, however if there are in-game bonuses, that's still a bonus, so if they're good enough then I'm game for them.

I've pre-ordered FFXIII-2 mostly because I like my "must have" games delivered on the day of release - particularly FF games, since going here has the potential to spoil so much for me if I delay. I just got the standard game, though, because I'm not bothered with things like soundtracks or T-shirts. I got the guide pre-ordered, too, because I was amazed at how incredible the guide was for FFXIII and this one seems to have the same number of pages etc. So that's good enough for me.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!