Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This band makes me wish I was deaf.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    The point of Lady Gaga is to revel in unselfconscious spectacle.
    So... nothing to do with music?

Articles
    Blog Entries

People take what I say way too seriously.

My issue is not with Lady Gaga's music per se, but there is a loud and very vocal part of her fanbase that are obnoxiously obsessed with her. I understand she means well has a strong sense of appeal to many people. I just think her fanbase can be overzealous and she can be desperate at times. It's not a bad thing, but it'll alienate some people. Like me. To some it's edge, to others its self-promotion. I think it's a bit of both.

And my first post was mostly a joke. Everyone has a favorite sort of music, and while there is a more objective way to look at music; sometimes people just want to express themselves through music. Who am I to knock a part of their identity? It's what they like and it's what I like.

And the Black Veil Brides' guitarist is actually pretty decent. I just don't like creaming at all.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nikki Minaj is talentless. I don't know... how. Or why?

P.s. Nirvana sucks ass. Dave Grul(sp. Don't care) is the only good to come of it.

FFXIV Character

Devore Jojishi (Sargatanas)

I quite liked the Black Veil Brides and Attack Attack songs posted, solely for the music though. If you ignore the vocals then it turns into a pretty good inturmental.

I also like Hollywood Undead because of this extremely rude and stupid song.
    Turn off the lights <--Shouldn't be listened to unless your over 18 or if you already have a very foul mouth.

Blog Entries

Funny but only barely relevant

Anyway different people have different tastes but I dont like people who will just dismiss a band or song before they hear it.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Funny but only barely relevant

Anyway different people have different tastes but I dont like people who will just dismiss a band or song before they hear it.
    I can only disagree with a 'genre' argument.
    I don't need to hear every country artist/band to know that I inherently don't like country music in general.

Other than that; yeah, close minded people are jerks!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

This thread needs a nice infusion of Johnny Cash.

Blog Entries

It's tough being a hip hop listener on the internet

there was a picture here

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raian the Fallen View Post
    ;__________;

Black Veil Brides "Knives and Pens" Standby Records - YouTube

Why are bands like this so popular?
    What's worse is when people have a "Holier than thou" attitude towards music they don't like. Oh wait.

I've seen a couple of interviews from the Black Veil Brides. They seem to genuinely love the music they make and they sincerely love that their fans can connect to their songs.

This is the type of music that's targeted towards lonely, outcast, 15 year olds who just want to feel a sense of connection with people they can relate to. As luck would have it, those are the fans they tend to draw in. Sounds great to me.

What's the problem again?

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    ;__________;

Black Veil Brides "Knives and Pens" Standby Records - YouTube

What's worse is when people have a "Holier than thou" attitude towards music they don't like. Oh wait.

I've seen a couple of interviews from the Black Veil Brides. They seem to genuinely love the music they make and they sincerely love that their fans can connect to their songs.

This is the type of music that's targeted towards lonely, outcast, 15 year olds who just want to feel a sense of connection with people they can relate to. As luck would have it, those are the fans they tend to draw in. Sounds great to me.

The vocals are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Lady Gagga /rant
    lol. She's such a little girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Attack Attack (make sure you stick it out to the 2:50 mark ;D)
    So they can't decide whether they're demons or an '80s band.

I personally can't except growling as a form of music... never have... never will. That's like trying to pass nails on a chalkboard as an instrument.

I've always said that I like and will listen to any music. I was raised Christian but grew up listening to mostly ACDC, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, and Metallica. I didn't think rap was an acceptible form of music at first (Will Smith altered my opinion on that and then that little brat Eminem came along and claimed Big Will was dissing the "gender" of rap.)
    I would say I'm not a big fan of classic country either. I like one song by Lady Antebellum (are they country?)
    My cousin had a rock band for a short time and their lead vocalist, Ricky, sang by "demon growl" and I hated him. I think he grew out of it though.

What was my point? Well, I'll listen to any music, but even I have limitations. When a vocalist starts growling for long periods of time, I lose interest in the music and begin to develop IBS.

Blood on the Dance Floor are just about the worst band I've ever listened to.

Jellyfish swim by.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Y'see, I quite like Black Veil Brides... however, Attack Attack! are terrible (Attack! Attack! are much better). Hollywood Undead definately tops the list for being the worst 'band' mentioned (band in inverted commas because all they really are is a bunch of guys with lameass masks calling themselves stupid names)
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    ;__________;
    The vocals are awful.
    Ungodly awful.

Anyway, the reason I can't stand this band is because of their fan's opinions of them - it seems these days that the sole reason a band is popular among teenage girls is because the members are attractive. That really ticks me off; if you don't appreciate music because of the way it sounds to you, then you can't really say you appreciate it. Read the comments on ANY Black Veil Brides video: "omg andy sixx is so hawt" "I Love Andy xD <3" "I will comment for my whole life just to say Andy Six is DAMN SEXY!!!!!!!" I understand and appreciate the fact that BVB has a positive message (to be honest, I didn't know they even had a message in their music whatsoever) so I guess it isn't entirely their fault.

The vocals are still awful.
    Last edited by Raian the Fallen; 10-29-2011 at 08:05 PM.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I can honestly say that I can sit and enjoy almost everything. I had a terrible time with Attack Attack though, that was just ridiculous. As long as a song has something that I can recognize as rhythm ( I have a huge issue being able to listen to songs where all they do is bang on a drum as hard and as fast as they can while the singer tries to scream with it) I don't mind it at all. I am a huge fan of Lamb of God (the way those two men play guitar is just amazing), but I can also listen to Nikki Minaj, Katy Perry and Rihanna (I can sing their songs too!) and I also tend to only drink at Country bars. The only two types of music I have the most trouble listening to is Gospel (only because to me all the lyrics are the same, with the exception of a few really decent songs, one of which I know is called like Adonai or something) and Screamo (because of that drum wailing scream in time with the slam crap).