Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This band makes me wish I was deaf.

Lady Gaga has songs that are blatent rip off of Madonna Songs, Video's that blatently rip off Madonna Videos, and the creative Genius that actually thought Judas was a well made Metaphor.

The only thing Lady Gaga has brought to the table is a bunch of people trying to imitate her style and failing horribley, not that it was good or new to begin with.

And unrelated to the music itself was that laughable interview where she said that this image she portrayed wasn't phony, but really her, and had I tits to laugh off, surely they would be on the floor right now.

That being said, she is still leagues better then Brokencyde.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring on this whole "I don't like music where the singer screams" deal.

Here's the thing I think these singers are trying to project. Some people talk or sing when they're in a good mood, and some people scream or at least feel like screaming when they're feeling mad or upset.

I think it's just a form of release. Some people scream when they're mad or upset, why couldn't they do it while playing a song? For me personally, I listen to plenty of musicians who scream for some of their lyrics. I think it's the type of music you get into when you're a young, lonely teenager. After listening to the music for so long, you prefer it. (Also, you can actually understand what they're saying after you hear this type of music for so long). You know how some people sing a sad song when they're upset? Think of it like that, but more extreme. It's just another form of expression, no different than playing clean or distorted guitars. It's just preference.

It depends who the band is, though. When I hear a lot of the music from screamo bands you guys listed, my impulse thought is "Wow, this guy's pretentious. He's screaming because he's an idiot". So I understand where everyones attitude towards it are coming from.

If you want to know whether the guy is screaming because he's an idiot or if he's screaming because he's just really passionate about that kind of music, listen to interviews. Do they sound intelligent? Are they just idiots? Pay attention to how they answer questions.

I'd like all of you to watch this music video. Dir en grey is the perfect example of a band who screams some of the time, sings some of the time, and the lyrics have a very powerful message. This song I think represents all that quite well:

Dir en Grey- Vinushka [PV] - YouTube

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just want to point out that my problem is not the screaming (my favorite bands all scream), but the quality of the screaming. It's like when Lil Wayne decided he could play guitar.
    Lil Wayne plays the guitar live at FAMU Homecoming!! - YouTube

Their screaming is to real screaming, as Lil Wayne is to real guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    I just want to point out that my problem is not the screaming (my favorite bands all scream), but the quality of the screaming. It's like when Lil Wayne decided he could play guitar.

Their screaming is to real screaming, as Lil Wayne is to real guitar.
    THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Lady Gaga has songs that are blatent rip off of Madonna Songs, Video's that blatently rip off Madonna Videos, and the creative Genius that actually thought Judas was a well made Metaphor.

The only thing Lady Gaga has brought to the table is a bunch of people trying to imitate her style and failing horribley, not that it was good or new to begin with.

And unrelated to the music itself was that laughable interview where she said that this image she portrayed wasn't phony, but really her, and had I tits to laugh off, surely they would be on the floor right now.

That being said, she is still leagues better then Brokencyde.
    Lady Gaga.

She makes pretty good music for rather generic RNB/Pop, but her sound has done little that wasn't done before by Madonna or Gwen Stefani. And her whole image comes off as a bit too try hard. It's clear that she has feelings for the gay community, but count me as a member of it that doesn't really think those feelings are being expressed properly.

Worst bands? I haven't really hard anything that I couldn't at least partly understand the appeal of. I love some country, but I do think Lady Antebellum are massively over rated.

Oh and the Beatles. I will be hated, but they are so massively over rated that it isn't even funny.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I went to a local gig on Friday and, it being Halloween season, all the 'death metal' bands came along. They were crap and one of them wore chinos - the hallmark of the bellend. They also screamed into a microphone which was great and stuff but I couldn't catch the lyrics which apprently consisted of 'DEATH' and '' repeated in rapid succession. So brilliant.

I just hate Oli Sykes. What an smurfing knob.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I think my favorite thing about Lady Gaga is that she's bringing the 80s back. And we all know that the 80s were the best decade for music.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by demondude View Post
    I went to a local gig on Friday and, it being Halloween season, all the 'death metal' bands came along. They were crap and one of them wore chinos - the hallmark of the bellend. They also screamed into a microphone which was great and stuff but I couldn't catch the lyrics which apprently consisted of 'DEATH' and '' repeated in rapid succession. So brilliant.

Bring Me The Horizon is crap, not death metal. And that guy totally looks like a knob.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by demondude View Post

Bring Me The Horizon is crap, not death metal. And that guy totally looks like a knob.
    I think their most recent album is not too bad at all, but Oli Sykes is still a pretentious cocksucker.

Jellyfish swim by.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    I think my favorite thing about Lady Gaga is that she's bringing the 80s back. And we all know that the 80s were the best decade for music.
    You should be banned from listening to anymore music for saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney King View Post
    Oli Sykes is still a pretentious cocksucker.
    Agreed.

I didn't care for their new album either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    You should be banned from listening to anymore music for saying that.
    Saying the 80s was the best or saying Gaga is bringing back the 80s?

Articles
    Blog Entries

The "80's was the best decade" thing, I don't listen to Gaga enough to know if she is or care. Although if she is then she should be stopped...ASAP.

Blog Entries

>Implying the 80s didn't single handedly kill popular music

there was a picture here

In Defense of the 80's, It did give us Talking Heads, and Billy Joel had a good number of hits in the 80's.

The scope is limited, yes, but there's still a silver lining.