Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This band makes me wish I was deaf.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

>implying the 80s weren't the best decade of music ever

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA smurf you guys, seriously.

Cyndi Lauper, David Bowie, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Men at Work, Blondie, a-ha, The Psychadelic Furs, Talk Talk, Adam and the Ants, Siouxsie and the Banshees, A Flock of Seagulls, Gary Numan, Aneka, Corey Hart, Karma Chameleon (The rest of Culture Club's stuff sucks but), Spandau Ballet, Kim Wilde, Tears for Fears, R.E.M., Frankie Goes To Hollywood, They Might Be Giants, Nine Inch Nails, Night Ranger, Queen, Europe, The Human League, Quiet Riot, Journey, Run DMC, The Beastie Boys, Eurythmics, Kraftwerk, The Buggles, Michael Jackson when he was actually good, E.L.O., Nena, I could carry on but I cba.

If Lady Gaga brings the 80s back she'll go from being merely the best artist performing today to an actual manifestation of divine benevolence.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post

Cyndi Lauper, David Bowie, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Men at Work, Blondie, a-ha, The Psychadelic Furs, Talk Talk, Adam and the Ants, Siouxsie and the Banshees, A Flock of Seagulls, Gary Numan, Aneka, Corey Hart, Karma Chameleon (The rest of Culture Club's stuff sucks but), Spandau Ballet, Kim Wilde, Tears for Fears, R.E.M., Frankie Goes To Hollywood, They Might Be Giants, Nine Inch Nails, Night Ranger, Queen, Europe, The Human League, Quiet Riot, Journey, Run DMC, The Beastie Boys, Eurythmics, Kraftwerk, The Buggles, Michael Jackson when he was actually good, E.L.O., Nena, I could carry on but I cba.

If Lady Gaga brings the 80s back she'll go from being merely the best artist performing today to an actual manifestation of divine benevolence.
    I couldn't get into him, but I'll give you David Bowie, he is good.

Men at Work, Blondie, TMBG, Queen, and Michael too. (I swore Queen was 70's.) Only real good Run DMC was Walk this way.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Dancing Chocobo

I would do questionable things to Ivan Doroschuk from Men Without Hats.

Men Without Hats - Where Do The Boys Go Official Video - YouTube

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

10/10. Would rage again.

On my list include Beastie Boys and Buggles, I missed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    I think my favorite thing about Lady Gaga is that she's bringing the 80s back. And we all know that the 80s were the best decade for music.
    I thought she was just making people purchase Madonna's back catalog?

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post

10/10. Would rage again.
    Seriously Jules making fun of you is fun and all but you're really asking for an actual severe ripping into right here.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think you can infer who is who in this.

(SPOILER)You are Joffrey. I am Tyrion.

Blog Entries

The longer I look at that, the weirder that left handed slap looks.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Dude, the 80's sucked and it's not even fair to try and lump NiN into that horrible list (although I agree with NeoCracker on Bowie).

Banned
    Blog Entries

An 80's list without The Smiths. I think everyone should leave and think about what they've done.

80's is good for indie and punk, but for pop it really is a smurfing wasteland.

Jellyfish swim by.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

4 pages of Lady Gaga discussion? Jesus, people.

Here's my submission: Lou Reed & Metallica: The View - YouTube

Normally I wouldn't even give Metallica (or Lou Reed) the time of day to annoy me. I usually take music far too seriously to bother listening to an act two decades past relevant, but this new song and album is so hilariously awful that you all need to hear it so we can all have a laugh, slap each other on the backs, and stop talking about smurfin' Lady Gaga.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney King View Post
    80's is good for indie and punk, but for pop it really is a smurfing wasteland.
    There was also a lot of good prog and metal, too. Metallica, ironically, was excellent in the 80s.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Rofl, is that the one with "I am the table?" I nearly shat myself laughing the first time I heard that.