Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who actually named her Dagger?

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Just name Eiko Zidane "Cloak", and we've got a nice pairing. Seriously speaking, though, I usually keep the default names, so I'm pretty much used to calling her Dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    It's weird to go back to an old save file and see that you named the main female in the game after a girl you had a crush on in the 3rd grade.
    I know what you're talking about. When I played FF Tactics ages ago, I named the Chocobos after some friends and a girl I had a crush on. Loading the old save again definitely feels weird.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryûkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryûkishi

Blog Entries

I dont typically change her name but I do change armarants to something that goes well with flaming. I mean come on, how could you not? The possibilities are endless...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon View Post
    I never named her Dagger, can't stand the "name", games that name people after normal household items always gets my back up
    You consider daggers, instruments for stabbing people in the back to be household items?

I always kept it as Dagger. Like Depression Moon and others have stated, it feels more "right" or canonical for the game. I mean, the developers put a lot of time into thinking these through, guys! (Looking at you dudes who named Aeris "my balls" in that previous FFVII thread "my balls will bring happiness to all those in the slums!")

Might've switched it to Garnet once... And immediately reset the system and go back to that point in the story to change it back... can't remember!

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Yeah but THIS Zidane doesn't headbutt people. To compare them to each other is just kinda mean.
    Well, except for Dagger's bum!

I always named her Dagger. I think it's a cool name that kind of brings a cute connection between Zidane and Garnet.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries

I named her Maesyn after a friend of mine. Read some of her Yahoo! answers. She's hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Lyrica is what I've always called her
    Ooh. I like that.
    Last edited by Tigmafuzz; 11-14-2011 at 05:16 AM.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

I'm incapable of not using the default names. I did it once and it literally detracted from my experience because it was so noticeable every time the character would speak.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I call her Bill, after the mule in Lord of the Rings.

I once called everyone in the party "Adelbert", except for Steiner who kept his original. Then the whole game became one big practical joke on Steiner.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    supposed to have a deeper meaning or something (like it's a special nickname or something).
    That was the point. To Zidane, Garnet was not Princess or Queen Garnet at any point. He didn't love the rich fancy uptown girl. He liked Dagger, the girl who worked hard at seeming common and who got up to shenanigans with him etc etc. This is most evident when he gets hammered when Garnet ascends then throne. He's not interested in that tit.
    Jiro understands!

Also when Garnet snuck back into Alexandria to confront her mother it would've been completely impossible to get through the boarders without an alias.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Dagger is just a silly name. You don't see me naming myself after inanimate objects! But I suppose I should be glad that she saw a dagger before she saw a wheel or a bottle or something.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

or a dirty magazine
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Too many characters!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I usually named her Dagger. However, in my first playthrough (I was 7) I named her Zarina. I thought it was a lovely and perfectly common name! It's neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Dagger is just a silly name. You don't see me naming myself after inanimate objects! But I suppose I should be glad that she saw a dagger before she saw a wheel or a bottle or something.
    I'm guessing "Dagger" is more symbolic of her change in personality and rebelion against her mother.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

I named my Dagger, Alania just because I'm wierd and have always liked the name.

I like changing the character names as I often feel they don't fit, plus naming the whole cast makes me feel more connected to the characters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    I'd totally date a girl named after a small, deadly weapon. I'd also fear her, but I'd totally date her.
    Oh yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quin View Post
    I call her Bill, after the mule in Lord of the Rings.

I once called everyone in the party "Adelbert", except for Steiner who kept his original. Then the whole game became one big practical joke on Steiner.
    This is why we love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Lol "Princess Bottle" would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal Impurity View Post
    ...naming the whole cast makes me feel more connected to the characters.
    And thus we have reached our conclusion. Dagger was a stupid name, and naming characters is for our own indulgence.
    On a side-note, I started replaying FFIX again yesterday. I was going to name Zidane Cheese and call Garnet Crackers, but there's only seven characters. So now they're Bonnie and Clyde. Zidane's Bonnie. Garnet is Clyde. Quina is named Lapras, for teh lulz. And Vivi is Nigglet, so that people will actually have a reason to avoid him later in the game.Not really. I named him Hitler.For reals. His name is Hitler. I can't wait to cast Doomsday.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้