Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The EoFF Movie Club Presents: Magnolia!

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default The EoFF Movie Club Presents: Magnolia!

Okay, so... Hobo With a Shotgun didn't go so well. It was a bad first choice.

Apparently so bad that foa, the one who picked the movie, forgot to watch it by the deadline.

trout.

But don't let that turn you from our event! Learn from my mistakes! I have! For example, at Del's suggestion I decided Rantzien gets to pick the next movie and he went with one of his personal favorites: Magnolia.

Why Ranztien loves it: "Umm. It is funny and exciting and moving and has the best "multiple storylines" narrative of all time. And it has John C. Reilly and Philip Seymour Hoffman."

Well, I'm sold.

So watch Magnolia! Give us some feedback! Try to be done by, uh. November 5th *random date*

Gonna try reeeeeeaaaal hard to watch this one!

Signature by rubah. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    But don't let that turn you from our event! Learn from my mistakes! I have! For example, at Del's suggestion I decided Rantzien gets to pick the next movie and he went with one of his personal favorites: Magnolia.
    Ok fine I'll keep doing this, but next time can we have someone who watches the whole movie and posts a review about it pick the next movie? I don't think it's fair that someone who watched only half the movie can pick. There were about three people who watched the whole movie and said a couple of things about it.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Yayyy Magnolia! If you haven't seen it you should be grateful for the excuse. If you have seen it you shouldn't mind rewatching it. If you do mind rewatching it, you deserve to die a fiery death with lots of pain.

I honestly don't care one bit who picks the movie as long as they're participating, so that they don't intentionally pick crap movies just to mess with those who are participating. I don't see why it matters that I disliked it enough to quit halfway, but I also don't really care if we have such a rule. xD

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well since I started the event, since I picked the first movie, and since I picked the person to pick the next movie based on a suggestion from someone who did watch the whole move, and since no one listened to the instructions on how to determine who gets to pick next, I feel pretty justified in my decision Cropity Crop. (Also you're Cropity Crop now.)

So. If there's a better way to select the next movie picker, let me know what it is an we'll go with that. Until then, since no one repped any of the reviews (that I can remember), we're gonna go with my way. The person who picked the last movie gets to pick the person to pick the next movie. If people use the rep method this time, then we'll go with that.

Oh yeah, I only said that because I thought we were still doing the person who wrote the best review. I think it's better that the last person who picked picks someone else - simpler.
    I also think someone who's already picked shouldn't be able to pick again for a while, so everyone gets a turn.

Articles

I agree with that!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, me too. Though after the disaster that was Hobo With a Shotgun I doubt Rantzi would be chomping at the bit to pick me. xDDD

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

I support the idea that the movie picker chooses the next person, also as being one of the few people who actually did watch the entire movie I am glad that I don't have to pick our next movie, I prefer to watch films at other people's suggestions so it works out fine for me.

Those of you who download their movies I can recommend a streaming site to you that has so many films (and TV series besides) it is beyond belief and that site is IceFilms.info - Quality DivX TV & Movies just go there and follow the instructions in this video: How to set up Ice films tutorial - YouTube really easy to setup and you have access to thousands of movies.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

okay, Ill go watch this. Hey, instead of the best review choosing the movie, can we have a list and we all just take turns, that way everyone gets to go
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've already seen Magnolia last year and all I have to say is Short Cuts ridiculous ending was better. I may watch it again just for Tom Cruise's bit.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

This looks much better.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

One of the best opening segments of any film.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Blog Entries

Sounds good!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I watched this! (SPOILER)For me the movie as a whole was awesome, but the thing with a movie this long is there were parts while I was watching it where I wanted it to be over so badly (I have this habit of not checking the running time of a movie before I sit down to watch it, it screwed me on Deer Hunter and then again with this film). The acting was probably the thing that stood out to me the most; the young genius kid, Tom Cruise, and John C. Reilly were so enjoyable to watch in basically every scene. The story was good, even though it wasn't one of those 'multiple story' movies where it all connects in particularly interesting or unexpected ways, but it did present a really varied cast of characters and pretty much all of them were enjoyable to watch. Overall I would give it an 8/10, but I have this feeling that if I watched it again that could go up to an 8.5..or even a 9!!

Articles

Well I'm glad this was such a success! xD