Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pandas? In MY WoW? It's more likely than you think!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I let my account expire in may after 5 years of WoW.. mainly due to lack of time to play. As cool as this looks I will still probably keep my account inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    They already posted Pandaran Brewmaster as a new class one April Fools. So I am having a hard time taking this seriously atm. I don't even think they have killed Deathwing yet, so it is a little early to be announcing expansions.
    They've pretty much devoted blizzcon this weekend to this expansion, it's not a joke.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

WoW has been after me for years, but they've really got me pegged this time. Bastards.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

After years of getting the upper hand on people by pre-emotively calling out Blizzard announcements as jokes I am finally fooled myself.

In all honesty this won't affect my desire to play in the least. I love the game, but none of my friends play anymore and I don't have any spare time to devote to it.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

In all honesty this won't affect my desire to play in the least. I love the game, but none of my friends play anymore and I don't have any spare time to devote to it.
    I feel pretty similarly. Plus I lost all interest in raiding and heroics about halfway into WotLK and ever since then the only thing I find interesting about the game is messing around on an alt every so often. Which sometimes is and sometimes isn't worth the $15/month for me so my WoW sub has been pretty on and off for a good year or so now. I love the panda idea but I doubt it will bring me back to WoW full-time. That's okay; I've got other stuff to play.

(SPOILER)I miss Burning Crusade

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah I haven't even played Cata and I use to be so into WoW. Blizzcon and all! BUT I like bulltroutting around and WoW Pokemon style seems like the perfect way to goof around with!.

Contributions

And how long until the Pokemon scene is completely overrun with people who put way to much time into it.

For me $15 a month is nothing, it's about the cheapest form of recreation going. I just have trouble doing things in moderation, it is either all or nothing.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I will be one of those people.

Articles
    Blog Entries

This sounds interesting and I hate WoW.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I CHOOSE YOU WOLPERTINGER! *no one sees but me*
    Ahahaha I didn't think about that, that's great.

I'm trying to think of the "rarest" minipet I have. I think I can probably narrow it down to one of three:

Spirit of Competition - Some sort of event related to the Olympics in mid-2008, has since been retired
    Vampiric Batling - Dropped from a special Karazhan boss during the Zombie Invasion event in late 2008, since retired
    Grunty - Blizzcon 2009 livestream pet, since retired
    Celestial Dragon

I think this move reeks of desperation, after losing 1 million subscribers they were pulling at straws and an old april fools joke turned into the new expansion. We will see...
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

There's already another wow thread I replied to but...since this is about the new expansion, I give you:

POKEMON

*facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by Peegee View Post
    There's already another wow thread I replied to but...since this is about the new expansion, I give you:

POKEMON

*facepalm*
    Yo dawg... we herd you like games and games so we put a game in yo game so you can game while you game..

with pokeymans

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I CHOOSE YOU WOLPERTINGER! *no one sees but me*
    Ahahaha I didn't think about that, that's great.

I'm trying to think of the "rarest" minipet I have. I think I can probably narrow it down to one of three:

Spirit of Competition - Some sort of event related to the Olympics in mid-2008, has since been retired
    Vampiric Batling - Dropped from a special Karazhan boss during the Zombie Invasion event in late 2008, since retired
    Grunty - Blizzcon 2009 livestream pet, since retired
    Celestial Dragon

I think this move reeks of desperation, after losing 1 million subscribers they were pulling at straws and an old april fools joke turned into the new expansion. We will see...
    I just remembered I also have a Clockwork Rocket Bot from Christmas 2007 (I think that was the year?) And a Warbot from that Mountain Dew promotion thing.

I used to collect a lot of the pets but after a while I sort of stopped caring. xD

Contributions

If they are really after a Pokemon copy they are going to have to make all the super rare one time BoP pets trade-able. Maybe they can even make up some sort of duel betting interface. Both sides put their stuff in a pot and whoever wins gets it.

Because I can guarantee you that one time only acquireable pets will not be the most powerful. Blizzard will make the most powerful pets ones that you need to sink a whole lot of time into to acquire.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

If they are really after a Pokemon copy they are going to have to make all the super rare one time BoP pets trade-able. Maybe they can even make up some sort of duel betting interface. Both sides put their stuff in a pot and whoever wins gets it.

Because I can guarantee you that one time only acquireable pets will not be the most powerful. Blizzard will make the most powerful pets ones that you need to sink a whole lot of time into to acquire.
    From what I understand pets will be randomly given stats, so no two of the same pet will exactly alike... this is all subject to change, of course.

Contributions

There is going to be some incentive to invest a whole bunch of time in them, time sinks are what the game is designed around. It's only the best ones that you don't even notice until you are caught in their web.