Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    Wait, no one answering my question. I want virtually no taxes, excess public services, and everyone employed, happy, healthy, and all ordinances enacted. MAKE IT WORK! AND NO! NO CHEATING!
    I'd say this sounds like a job for the Magnasanti guy, but we all know that the health of his sims was secondary to the main objective.

ahh I love this game.

DP I don't why you're having so much trouble with this. It's easy as trout to do that.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

NO! I want to provide 600 policemen PER resident with 1% taxes. I want 400 teachers per student with 1% taxes. I want free healthcare with 1% taxes. Help me achieve WITHOUT cheating!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You know, I'm increasingly starting to suspect that our dear Marick might be pulling our legs right here...

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Marick seems to be trying to make a social commentary...

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

marick mate you're just bad at games

there's no shame in it

just accept it, get on with your life, and move to china because that's the FUTURE.

You're all unhelpful Trolls. How can I make this work? My citizens don't want to pay taxes. The rich want more money. So, I just lower taxes and provide the services they demand and issue bonds, and then when I can't pay for anything anymore, either the city goes bankrupt OR the citizenry riots and kill everyone.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    You know, I'm increasingly starting to suspect that our dear Marick might be pulling our legs right here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Marick seems to be trying to make a social commentary...
    WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT HE IS DEAD SERIOUS

AND HE EXPECTS SERIOUS ANSWERS YOU GUYS.

SERIOUS!

Blog Entries

It seems to me, Dignified Pauper, you are not taking advantage of the bulldozer. You seem to be under some sort of misinformed idea that you need to progress to get where you are aiming. Instead, you should realize this is a problem where it solvable by working backwards. You do need to do all the dumb trout first, like listening to your population, building what is needed as needed, and generally playing it slow and safe. Your wealth should accrue ridiculously, and it is then that you suddenly demolish everything you know you do not need, erect a million police stations and schools, lower taxes, and you will have everything for which you aimed. I hope this helps.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Man, seeing this thread makes me even more annoyed that there is no new Sim City game since 2007. Did anyone here even play SimCity Societies? I didn't. Bring on SimCity Over 9000.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Default *dons flame suit*

Oh right, I get where we're going with this.

Demolish all your high density office buildings, because rich people work there and they are actual physical incarnations of evil... and...and tit. Then...then tax them more. Nationalise everything because capitalism. But make the poor pay no tax or duty. Except for marijuana. Yeah, tax that heavily. It's exempt. Scrap your defence budget. What? The government over in Default City is oppressing its people during the revolution? SEND 500,000 TROOPS. VOTE RON PAUL

Next!
    Last edited by Old Manus; 10-27-2011 at 10:41 AM.

there was a picture here

I like where you guys are going, but I want my rich to pay low taxes too, and we still need a defense force because hegemony! That said, I think bulldozing won't work, because people get mad when I do that to forests and their homes. I want to know how this works without taking out loans. Default is NOT AN OPTION.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

let's meta some finances ITT -

you want to have low corporate taxes, high (lower class) income taxes, low (upper class) income taxes, and I don't know what you want to do for [residential] property taxes. But commercial/industrial property taxes are probably low.

The net result will be lowered taxes, or a lack of development where the taxes are most high (because poor people will rather be homeless than waste money on property they can't afford). Remember that SC4 is not that advanced. You cannot, for example, force the banks to loan money to the super poor via some sort of mandate (which would increase their ability or susceptibility to buy property). IIRC SC4 only has a motivation variable based on taxes and possibly local subsidies (police, schools, parks, etc)

Because of this, you will not be able to START a city like greece. Also remember that greece never was developed this way. That makes no sense. I don't know Greece's history but I bet somewhere in its past it had high taxes to allow it to have a good/great credit rating.

Hah, and you thought that a serious response wasn't possible.

You trollin?

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Dignified Pauper View Post
    You trollin?
    Not at all. You can be successful but you require a huge coffer, because it is not sustainable. DUH Greece is a stupid broke country now I wonder why.