Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who LIKED FFXIII?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I liked it. I rate it somewhere in the middle of all the FF's, notably ahead of FFI, FFII and of course FFX. I put it on par with V, VIII and XII, in the "I really liked this game, but it's not as good as VII" category. I still feel that the entire group of playable characters is probably the best group of characters from any Final Fantasy game. There are stronger characters out there, sure, but if you go by the amount of time they spent on each character and picking out the "weakest link" in all the FF's... this one tops the lot, for me. And they actually had decent voice acting, which was a pleasant surprise (I rarely enjoy voice acting).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I put it on par with V, VIII and XII, in the "I really liked this game, but it's not as good as VII" category.
    You are my favorite old member!

I really liked the game a lot. I thought the characterization was great, the music was fantastic, and it was that great "entertainment experience" you get on HD consoles. I know a lot of people point to the gameplay as something they liked in order to get more credibility, but that was the one part that probably angered me the most. I can deal with linearity if it's a fun roller coaster ride, but past a certain point late in the game the battle system didn't do it for me anymore. Especially when you realize the crystarium is just as linear as the progression, and it's just a far less thought out version of the sphere grid.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I loved FFXIII! For a while I felt like it was my favorite in the series, but it doesn't have the best replay value. As far as first-time runs go, it was definitely my favorite, though. And the soundtrack is amazing!

I haven't finished it, but I actually liked it. Some of the dialog (especially in the beginning) was so cheesy that I cringed, but getting past that, I enjoyed the Paradigm Shift system and Crystarium. The storyline is actually quite original and though I agree that the characters are largely based on characters from previous installments, some of their interactions were entertaining. Certainly it's the most visually impressive game in the series so far, and I thought that the soundtrack was OK. I can understand why some people would dislike it, but overall I thought it was a pretty good experience.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I certainly enjoyed the story, characters and the enviroment.
    but the batteling system sometimes just takes to long. and the running between cutscenes are too long.

i looooooved the game but i wouldnt quickly choose to play it again. becaus its a long long long long long game :3
    maybe ill try again next year....

aww man.. i still have 1 boss to go (i think)
    last time i tried it took me half an hour to defeat him.. after that he transformed and i had to battle him for another half hour.... and than i died -.-
    i hope you understand when i say that im not going to try it again...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's my second favorite FF. Like I've said before, I've come to expect FF games to have an "interactive movie" feel, and that's why I like them. I enjoyed the story, found it visually appealing, and really enjoyed the battle and leveling systems.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaibana View Post
    absolutely unacceptable.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    absolutely unacceptable.
    than you come here and defeat him freaking for me!! D: bcaus i sure aint gonna do it!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It certainly took me at least two tries to beat him. I enjoyed it though! It dragged a little, sure, but it was still fun.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It took me two tries, too, and it pretty much came down to luck that second time. I hate RPG boss battles like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    absolutely unacceptable.
    than you come here and defeat him freaking for me!! D: bcaus i sure aint gonna do it!!!
    Already on my way. You better have some Party Cake ice cream.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon View Post
    Well this is the first time I have ever heard of X being disliked, in fact I heard it was one of the greatest FF's out there
    Haha
    Hahahaha
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously? Look through the X forum here or browse some random FF forums.

X was widely hated. It amazes me that someone can honestly say they've never heard of it being hated, much less being considered among the greatest FF titles. Unless you're very young. Hell you should have been around when FFX was new. It was basically the same reaction as FFXIII, without the console wars edge.

I think I actually like FFXIII better than FFX, but I love both.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't think X got the same reaction as XIII.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well yeesh, DMKA, you've really been practicing your obnoxious reactions.

I never got the vibe X was hated. Sure, you get the occasional "It's no FFVI/VII, herf de dur," but I almost never hear anything good about XIII.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually FFX is debatably the second most popular FF in terms of fan reaction and sales. In Japan its considered to be the best FF game. I personally didn't feel like FFX lived up to the FF moniker but I'll take dry wall Yuna, and whiny Tidus over FFXIII any day of the week.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I'll take dry wall Yuna, and whiny Tidus over FFXIII any day of the week.
    I think I just vomited.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!