Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tea!

ill make you some tea...once i figure out how to make it right

I only drink Chinese Green Tea or Japanese Jasmine tea. I'm not sure what brands they are, I always purchase them from oriental shops where I do most of my grocery shopping.

i always wanted to try tea with jasmine with it...i have another question! about half way through my cup...my tea gets cold...do you guys microwave it? i was told i have to heat up my teacup before putting tea in it...so i put boiling water in it...then dump it out and put the tea water in it when its ready....but it still gets cold halfway through...any suggestions? thanks kupo!
    also...restared final fantasy XIII...even though i hate it...just getting ready for the sequel...and tea+final fantasy=

Articles
    Blog Entries

...drink it faster? >_>

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

We have a teapot that has a filter built into it (for tea leaves). But what you can do is brew other things. I love peach tea, for example.

Chai green tea. I like the stash brand specifically but I usually stick to a white, black, or green tea.
    also
    coffee > tea
    that is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Do I like fire? DO TURTLES LIKE BEING STAMPED ON?!

I'm like, Mr. Arsonist 2000. And 2003, if you saw my beautiful work on assorted AOL CDs. I've kinda not been up to my old form in 2004, but here's hoping.

Blog Entries

Why not both tea AND coffee?

*twitch* :mymelomfg:

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Because coffee is disgusting and tea is glorious.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ok well if we aren't just talking bog standard tea such as tetleys or twinings then here's what I like:

Peppermint Tea, so good with a couple of sugars in! Great for settling an upset stomach or for drinking when having a shisha pipe or sweet baklawa pastries.

Earl Grey, a refined taste for some it's very flowery it's not too sweet though if you add sugar it can become almost sickeningly so. This is best drunk black with maybe a dash of cold water to help make it drinkable sooner.

Chamomile Tea, this is something I touch very rarely because 1) I'm not over-keen on the taste and 2) I don't think it works. But it's supposed to help you sleep.

If we're talking stuff like the powdered teas you get from Whittards of Chelsea then well it's always dreamtime tea for me This stuff is L-U-S-H seriously it's great.

ugh ive had no internet! anyways i had yet another question...i have these glass 4 ounce teacups...how many ounces SHOULD you drink with tea?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

being lazy I'm going to say I need a conversion, how many ml in 4oz?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    being lazy I'm going to say I need a conversion, how many ml in 4oz?
    Not enough.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
    ugh ive had no internet! anyways i had yet another question...i have these glass 4 ounce teacups...how many ounces SHOULD you drink with tea?
    You should drink as many as you like, but if you're using a teabag, remove it once the tea is done steeping. Peegies turned me onto this trick; not only does the tea taste better when you make it weaker, but you can use the teabag again for 2x tea power. If you use loose leaf, you're out of luck, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
    i always wanted to try tea with jasmine with it...i have another question! about half way through my cup...my tea gets cold...do you guys microwave it? i was told i have to heat up my teacup before putting tea in it...so i put boiling water in it...then dump it out and put the tea water in it when its ready....but it still gets cold halfway through...any suggestions? thanks kupo!
    I tried a jasmine tea today that was amazing. It was like drinking daffodils! (the brand is yamamotoyama if anyone wants to try it)
    Anyway, sounds like what you need is a better insulator. I typically drink out of styrofoam cups at the office, and if I put my cup inside another cup, it stays hot forever, nearly. To reduce heat transfer you'll want some material that is a good insulator (e.g. not metals. Something with either vacuum or air-space between two layers is the best)

thank you!!