Thread: FF4:CC The After Years Final Dungeon, oh gawd, what have I gotten myself into...?

ZOMG! FF4:CC The After Years Final Dungeon, oh gawd, what have I gotten myself into...?

FF4:CC The After Years Final Dungeon has 30 something areas to go through as well as 9000 bosses to kill..(Being overly dramatic about the number of bosses ^^'') I need advice from someone who has beaten this final dungeon and lived 0__o You know the drill, what level should my characters be at, who should I take or leave behind, equitment, weapons etc
    Last edited by cat121212; 10-31-2011 at 03:24 AM.

Final Fantasy games I have beaten: FF9, FF4, FF7, FF13, Dissidia 012, FF10, FF13-2
    Final Fantasy games I'm playing: FF5, FF13-2, Okami HD, Gravity Rush

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not that bad, really. Don't think too much of it, just keep going ahead. Best stick to one party, though. That way, you might just be able to get by without any grinding.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The final dungeon of Final Fantasy IV: The After Years is essentially a boss marathon spanning over thirty floors. The best thing to do is to use a core team of five or so characters because you will not be required to use all of your characters at any given time. There are a few boss battles where you will get something special if you use a certain character, such as the boss battle with Rubicante, but these are few and far in between. Consult a guide to see if your team contains these necessary characters and you will likely never have to use any of your other characters again for any reason.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I'm not really sure about advice I could give you, seeing how I haven't actually played The After Years myself. But I can tell you that the first 2/3rds of the bosses are old FF4 bosses that follow the general pattern of their original FF4 counterparts. Also, Ultima Weapon, Deathgaze, Omega, and Shinryu are all optional for the last 1/3.

As for teams, the original team (Cecil, Kain, Rosa, Edge, Rydia) and "Cecil's family" team (Cecil, Golbez, Ceodore, Kain, Rosa) are the most used teams for the Final Dungeon, from what I've seen on youtube.

whats a good level for my party to be before I start the dungeon crawl?

Final Fantasy games I have beaten: FF9, FF4, FF7, FF13, Dissidia 012, FF10, FF13-2
    Final Fantasy games I'm playing: FF5, FF13-2, Okami HD, Gravity Rush

According to the youtube videos I saw, a party with everyone at or over level 50 is good. On a side note, do not use Cecil at all whatsoever until you encounter a floor that looks like the very last floor of the original FFIV. His stats are very low from still recovering from being controlled by the Maenad and only on that floor will he get his full strength back. I think his growths will also be severely weakened during that time, so only use him on that floor and after the event that happens on that floor. In fact, you most likely want to bring Golbez, Rosa, and Ceodore on that floor as well (anyone can be in the 5th slot).

Cecil and Golbez are mandatory on that floor if you want to progress further in the story and Rosa and Ceodore are mandatory if you want to (SPOILER)keep Golbez alive and not have him die in a story scene.