Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batman: Arkham City

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Batman: Arkham City

Seriously? No thread here in General Gaming Discussion about Batman Arkham City? What did you all think of the game?

The game Features Ras. Of course it's amazing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    The game Features Ras. Of course it's amazing.
    Yeah Ras is my favourite Batman villain, spoilerI loved the part were he was revealed as the one pulling the strings behind Hugo Strange's plot.

The ending really caught me by surprise too more spoilersClayface pretending to be Joker. Having played through all the side missions except the Riddler hostages (just 2 left) it looks by all accounts that the 3rd game will be set in Gotham itself with Hush as one of the main antagonists!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm still mad about their handling of Catwoman. That was some sneaky stuff.

I took my complaints to the company and this is how they replied. I'm not sure if they're going to consider it though.

We apologize for the frustration that we may have caused you with any new title release. We always strive our best to make sure that each release is smooth and successful and there are a limited amount of complaints. We take your comments and opinion on the matter very seriously and have taken note of them. We appreciate your feedback.

Thank You,
    -Rikk

Best discussion on Catwoman in Arkham thus far had by me and some dude.

Me: I'm not really looking forward to catwoman.
    Dude: Why not? She's suppose to be able to do a lot of things batman can't in the game.
    Me: Anything Cat Woman can due I can convievably see batman doing.
    Dude: Well if you look at her fighting style she does a lot more styalized moves and flip kicks.
    Me: You know who else can do that?
    Dude: Who?
    Me: Batman. You know why he doesn't? It's smurfing stupid.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Question for those who have played the game:

I picked up a used copy today, which doesn't include the code for the Catwoman bits. Meaning, Catwoman is not playable for me at all. Is it worth it to grab a $10 PSN card to pick it up as DLC?

I was going to get it for Steam, but they bumped it from $40 to $100 for some reason. :\

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Arrow View Post
    Question for those who have played the game:

I picked up a used copy today, which doesn't include the code for the Catwoman bits. Meaning, Catwoman is not playable for me at all. Is it worth it to grab a $10 PSN card to pick it up as DLC?
    The dlc is directly tied into the main game & there are Catwoman riddler trophies so of all the DLC I'd get the Catwoman one yeah

I loved this game. It's one of the few I played again immediately after finishing the first time. They go so far to make you feel like Batman that I would call this a role-playing game more than any other self-defined RPG I've played in recent memory. Or maybe running around in a cape just gives me that special boner nothing else does.

As for Catwoman, I love the character and enjoyed being her, but all 4 of her episodes are fairly short. As was mentioned, her own Riddler trophies do extend her life, you can free roam with her post-game, and you can use her in Challenge Rooms if score chasing is your thing. But really, the basic combat mechanics are the same except she has less life, less moves, less gadgets, less mobility, and a worse version of his detective vision. The only thing she can do that he can't is climb on certain types of ceilings like she's Spider-Pig. It's not much. It makes sense she wouldn't be as good as him, but you'll have to decide if it's worth it from a more practical wallet's point of view. That is, a titty version of a character you already have.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

from a wallet standpoint? You can easily get her for free if you want to. None of you should be paying anything to play as her. I don't have the game yet, but I already have her installed on my hard drive.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Spoiler for the Museum level:

(SPOILER)The QTE shark "beat down"? Rocksteady did their homework. Stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    The dlc is directly tied into the main game & there are Catwoman riddler trophies so of all the DLC I'd get the Catwoman one yeah
    Thanks. I'll probably pick it up before I start New Game+
    Last edited by Flying Arrow; 11-09-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Holy thread bump Batman!

Finally finished Arkham City. I only have 71% but screw New Game+ and Riddler's Revenge Challenges. I got all the main story challenges and that should be good enough!

It was a pretty awesome game. I loved how each villain had their own thing going on, but it all fit together in the context of Arkham City. Batman has such a colorful cast of villains that this would only really work with him. I will say I probably liked Arkham Asylum better in terms of layout since it had a more Metroidvania feel to it, but in terms of game mechanics Arkham City improved in every single way. Gliding around the city is some of the most fun I had. I also liked the Freeze Blast.

I have two gripes. First, Batman looked way to muscled up in this game. I know he's in 'peak phycial condition' but that does not mean you look like a musclehead. Peak condition is a leaner muscle. That's a minor issue though. The main issue is that Batman was way too careless in this game. Why would he just walk right into Penguin's battle arena when the guy has an umbrella gun pointed right at him? I feel like he was tricked by Penguin and Joker way too many times. Batman is smarter than that. He should be the one tricking them.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Arkham City was an awesome game... but unfortunately this thread is over six months old. Please don't revive old threads.

This thread is now closed.

Oh crap... I just realised I don't work here...

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Close this.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Recently played through it for the first time as well. I enjoyed the game very much. If they make another one, I wonder what they will do next? No spoiler tags on what I am about to say, but I won't really reveal anything. What they did at the end story wise was a pretty ballsy move. Doubt it will stick, though.
    Last edited by Sephex; 04-27-2012 at 04:15 AM. Reason: typo