Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Boco Ponython Planning Thread!

There seems to be some interest in a pony marathon where we all sit in a #pony room in EoFF chat and watch ponies. This thread shall be where we discuss this idea!

Things to discuss:

• Do we want to watch a complete pony marathon over the course of a day or two, and people come and go as they can, or do we want to split it up over several days?
    • When would be a good date for this?

In the meantime I've already started a #pony room.

Note, season one is 26 episodes. If we split it into 5 viewings, they will be 2.5 hours at a time. I'm not sure most Bronies are up to that.

I marathoned half the first season in one sitting though, so I'm down with just about anything.

Edit: Well, two hours without adverts.
    Last edited by NeoCracker; 10-31-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Seems like one night a week to view one or two episodes would work to try to include everyone all at once. Which with the time zone differences will never work.

So I think the 24/7 marathon with people coming and going is probably the best bet to get some participation from everyone interested.

I'd say at least 3 episodes, so about an hour or so of MLP if we assume 20min an episode without ads.

I'm down for anything. Marathon or a few episodes. The marathon would probably be the easiest to plan, while the episodes would be a bit harder.

As long as it's not tomorrow.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think some of you know what the word "marathon" means.

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    I don't think some of you know what the word "marathon" means.
    It means nonstop pony watching. We'd be saying more ponies than at the rodeo.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How exactly would we go about doing this? Would the videos be on YouTube or is it on TV? Not everything is in the same time zone here, and in the UK it's been moved to the retarded time of 10:30, thank you Boomerang!

Also, is this being done in EoFF chat, because I've never used chat before, is it hard to do, because I'd really like to be a part of this. I love Friendship is Magic.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    How exactly would we go about doing this? Would the videos be on YouTube or is it on TV? Not everything is in the same time zone here, and in the UK it's been moved to the retarded time of 10:30, thank you Boomerang!

Also, is this being done in EoFF chat, because I've never used chat before, is it hard to do, because I'd really like to be a part of this. I love Friendship is Magic.
    Probably someone would set up a nonstop Youtube stream. And yes, it would be in EoFF chat.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm down.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Probably someone would set up a nonstop Youtube stream. And yes, it would be in EoFF chat.
    Got it, I will see if I can use EoFF chat. Can someone please PM when we're gonna start please? I really don't want to miss this.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I don't even...
    I like Kung-Fu.

I have to ask (and I'm being sincere, not a troll) why do you all like this show so much?

I don't have TV, so I really don't know what people find so amazing about this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Justy View Post
    I have to ask (and I'm being sincere, not a troll) why do you all like this show so much?

I don't have TV, so I really don't know what people find so amazing about this show.
    I find it entertaining and charming.

I was really adverse to it before I watched it, and then I did, and I was really surprised.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Justy View Post

Everyone has a different reason. For me, I became attached to the characters, which are surprisingly well-fleshed out for a kids' show. Once I was attached to the characters, I wanted to keep watching.

Anyways, regarding this "marathon", I sort of think that due to time/schedule differences and such the best thing to do would be to just queue up a bunch of episodes in that YouTube streaming site (can't remember what it's called at the moment), hit play, and then just let people come and go as they please. Unless someone can think up a better idea...