Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid things you did in games in the past.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    Tomb Raider 2: I always lock the butler up in the freezer in Lara's Home. I do this now because it's fun, but I did it back then because he scared me.
    Oh my God yes. Then he'd try and walk through the door and the horrendous clipping would make it look like he was half in and half out. All the while he's making muffled groans. I used to actively avoid the tutorial level on both TR2 and TR3.

there was a picture here

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Does having a heart attack the first time I had a "Time's Up" death count? I was just a kid, and Mario just died for no reason, so it was kinda shocking.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Killing that Dwayne bloke in GTA IV and running off a cliff in Dark Souls. I knew it was there and I knew I could have stopped but I just ... fell off it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Arrow View Post
    I did the same thing during my second attempt at finishing Xenogears. I hate this part. Like, why would they even give you an option to accidentally take out your only upgrade station at this point? There have been a handful of dialogue options in the game so far, so it's natural you want to examine them all. And why is 'I don't trust you' a euphamism for fighting.

I've never finished Xenogears.
    LOL yo I'm really sorry to hear that man, but lucky for you it's not too many hours in, and I don't think anything in the remainder of the game comes anywhere near the challenge of that Vierge fight, nor with the ability to screw your file over in such a profound way.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I spent a whole weekend trying to kill Seymour in Macalania temple and dying every time, before a friend told me that if you scroll down the summon list you have Shiva at your disposal. I killed him first time after that.
    Ahahaha that got me too. How was I supposed to know?!
    Because they literally say "Yuna, use the new aeon!" after Seymour summon Anima?
    I was expecting a scripted event where they were like "oh no, the Aeon is far too powerful" (because omg it is) and then there would be a cutscene where an aeon comes and saves the day!

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I spent a whole weekend trying to kill Seymour in Macalania temple and dying every time, before a friend told me that if you scroll down the summon list you have Shiva at your disposal. I killed him first time after that.
    Ahahaha that got me too. How was I supposed to know?!
    Because they literally say "Yuna, use the new aeon!" after Seymour summon Anima?
    I was expecting a scripted event where they were like "oh no, the Aeon is far too powerful" (because omg it is) and then there would be a cutscene where an aeon comes and saves the day!
    That's actually pretty plauable.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

See this is why they shouldn't make boss fights where you have to lose.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Arrow View Post
    I did the same thing during my second attempt at finishing Xenogears. I hate this part. Like, why would they even give you an option to accidentally take out your only upgrade station at this point? There have been a handful of dialogue options in the game so far, so it's natural you want to examine them all. And why is 'I don't trust you' a euphamism for fighting.

I've never finished Xenogears.
    LOL yo I'm really sorry to hear that man, but lucky for you it's not too many hours in, and I don't think anything in the remainder of the game comes anywhere near the challenge of that Vierge fight, nor with the ability to screw your file over in such a profound way.
    Well, that part is like 12 hours in. And actually I have tried another playthrough since then. Got past that part and gave up at the really, really, really, long bit in the desert. The first time I played the game years ago I stopped at the sewer area.

Tl;dr: I hate Xenogears and I'll never finish it.

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

Dark souls. I tried for about 2 hours to beat the first boss, the one that drops on you five minutes in. I did this because i never realized there was a door behind him to get a legitimate weapon, healing flasks, and a shield. I kept wacking away with my little sword hilt, confounded as to why he wouldn't die and marveling at the how difficult it was.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by GhandiOwnsYou View Post
    Dark souls. I tried for about 2 hours to beat the first boss, the one that drops on you five minutes in. I did this because i never realized there was a door behind him to get a legitimate weapon, healing flasks, and a shield. I kept wacking away with my little sword hilt, confounded as to why he wouldn't die and marveling at the how difficult it was.
    I did this the first time, but then I saw the hint thing that said "RUN THE smurf AWAY MAN" and so I did.

While crafting ultimate armours in FFX, I headed down to the omega ruins to randomly encounter Machea for each one. What I should have done was just visit the Monster Arena to bribe some. That would have saved me quite a few hours.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary G13 View Post
    Said "stupid things", not "hilarious".
    True enough I suppose, I guess it should be Julian posting the line "I let 2 guys kill me like 700 times over the course of 3 hours before I quit."

I usually end up going completely overboard on stuff like herb/plant collecting in Elder Scrolls games. So much so that I end up never actually getting anywhere in the storyline. Oh and in Morrowind? I guarantee I get lost within 2 seconds of leaving the tutorial area I have no idea where the hell I'm supposed to go.

I was playing Final Fantasy III on NES and when I went to the Bahamut´s nest there was that guy Desh who told to run away, but I still battled Bahamut not even thinking of escaping, I thought that he was defeatable. My party was almost dead with a few members with a small amount of HP left, then I realized after 15 minutes of hitting that I should run away.