Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891323 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Easist dragon Soul ever. A giant killed the dragon before I realized it was there, it then got stuck in a spot, and I just used my Flame Archon (I forget the spelling) TO slowly kill it.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...I want this game now. So bad. I'm hearing so much good things about it. May try to get it for pc come christmas time.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Tee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife777 View Post
    I'm almost 60 hours in, have all enchanted Daedric and Dragonplate armor, and a Daedric sword and bow, with Incinerate and Thunderbolt magic. I somehow got the ability to turn into a werewolf, and have killed four dragons. I can't play for longer than three or fours hours at a time without getting bored with it or annoyed, but for the most part I love it. It's the best modern game I've played for quite a while, even though it feels more sandbox than Oblivion did.
    60 hours? it has only been out a few days lol
    It was leaked like 12 days ago.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

The leaked game must be a pretty different game, or you must be playing the game very differently to me. I've killed about six or seven dragons already and am still plodding along with Dwarven armour I recently made (because enchanted armour is still iron/steel at the moment for me).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

Getting bored after going at it for four straight hours? If that's all I can say about it after putting 60 hours in, I'd say the game is a damn good one. I hope I feel the same way at that point.

Right now I took a break from the main quest and took a carriage up to Solitude. Really nice views!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I have to say, the scenery is stunning. Just wandering around is something I quite enjoy doing... watching the clouds mix in with the trees on a distant mountainside, riding the river currents (just watch out for that big waterfall... turns out you can't drop that far!), exploring the heights of the mountains and the depths of the lakelands. I just love exploring in this game and it's often rewarding. =]

As for how many hours I play, I have this habit with the game - after a couple of hours of playing, I think "Okay, that's me done for a while. Save... quit... okay, let's surf the 'net or something." <five minutes pass> "I think I'll play Skyrim for a bit." <two hours later> "Okay, that's me done for a while. Save..."

Alright, I'm a lucky bastard. Second time I got a Dragon killed by a Giant, this time I got to watch it though, and my god was it embarrassing. XD

I did kill two blood dragons alone though. One of them was on top of an Ice Mountain where there was also a Dragon Word, the Fear one. That guy was a smurfing bastard.

Right now I'm working on my favorite quest in the game. The events following a drinking contest at a bar. Hilarity ensues.

My favorite quest so far was helping the goddess Meridia at her temple, west of Solitude.

I bought my first house and decked it out. No time to settle in, though. Now I've got to transfer all of my crap from the abandoned shack I was formerly squatting in. Nice to finally be able to sleep in a place free of a rotting sabertooth corpse on the floor.

Blog Entries

Just bought me a house for 5000 hard-earned gold. Been playing for about 18 hours total so far, killed 3 dragons and 1 giant. I took the giant down at level 7, by using the basic fire and frost spells plus a bow, while rushing away from the giant's attacks whenever it got close. Took a veeeery long time to get it down.

Two things that really, REALLY has been improved are the ways spells work and the difficulty levels.

If you increased the difficulty a bit in Oblivion, enemies just suddenly took 20 times as long to kill. It didn't make the game more challenging the way it should, it just made every single battle incredibly boring.
    Now, I can play on Expert, and everything still feels "natural". Enemies are tougher and do more damage, but they can still be killed easily enough.

As for magic... the very first destruction spell - flames - is more interesting/works better than any spell in Oblivion, pretty much. There are less spells, but each is unique and useful, unlike Oblivion where there was like 400+ spells, out of which 97% were useless copies of another spell.

Just started the PC version - don't have my new PC yet so it barely runs on the lowest graphical setting on my old one, but at least I can try it out. Bought the PS3 version but I'm saving it for Christmas. Created a Khajiit called Gaunt One. I see what people mean about the menus, they're very counter-intuitive. As far as graphics go I've noticed a pretty big improvement over Oblivion. Haven't escaped from the chopping block yet, had to stop for supper. So excited!

Blog Entries

Got it on release, only about 8 hours in.
    Already have a house in Windhelm.

Games fun so far wish I could play more, I like it better than Oblivion.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just started playing, immediately it feels like a cross between Oblivion & Fallout 3, which I like

Blog Entries

Having played on a bit, I'm level 10 but starting to feel underleveled for even some of the miscellaneous quest. Haven't done too much of the main story. I've killed 3 dragons,Spoilers one of which took 45 mins he attacked me around Drelas Cottage, another one took me about 30 seconds, it got itself trapped in a forest & I kicked it's ass! Tip your weapons & arrows with Frostbite venom (you get it from spiders) and it makes fighting the dragons alot easier!
    I've avoided about 2 more. Getting bitched slapped by a Giant made me laugh pretty hard I have to say. More SpoilersAnd whatever the hell those tree people monsters are I smurfen hate them

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I've only been in one scuffle with a giant, and it wasn't really even a scuffle - basically, I didn't notice where I was, he turned up, stood on me and I lost about 90% of my health and gained a level in heavy armour instantly. Then I ran. xD

Dragons I find kind of easy, really. Most of them have a certain rock formation or sheltered area that you can hide in when they are doing their sweeps, and when they hover you can attack them with magic/arrows.

As for spriggans (tree-people), they aren't too hard once you have some good fire magic / fire breath on you. They're not tree people, they're kindling. >=]

Blog Entries

I can't wait to massacre me some Spriggans I need to take revenge after I hate to run like hell from 8 of them at oncespoiler when I was getting the sap from the Eldergleam