Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101424 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I hate to be the one to tell you, but you could have avoided being attacked by Spriggans altogether in that quest, saving the lives of the people below as well. =x There's someone who is interested in travelling with you when you get that part of the quest, and if you take him with you, he will offer an alternative storyline for that quest once you are at the tree - if you talk to him before getting the sap.

On a sidenote, isn't that place one of the most beautiful spots in the game? Gorgeous!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Wow you guys are pretty far along, I just escaped from the Imperial prison and I'm heading to join the resistance. Haven't even seen a giant or Spriggan yet, and I don't fully understand the leveling system yet, or how speechcraft works. Maybe I'm not far along enough yet. Just found the obelisks with the bonus to warrior, mage and thief skills and I don't even remember what I picked (it was a close call between warrior and thief).

Anyways my PC is rather trout for this game but it's really awesome so far. I still need to get my better PC from my Dad's house, until then I'll have to wait for Christmas for the PS3 version and see if the menus are any better, because God knows the PC UI is trout.

Blog Entries

Most epic thing to happen so far: I have a wild battle against a gang of bandits. After killing most of the gang with arrows and magic, I have a melee-showdown with the bandit leader... who was hitting hard as crap. We are both at very low health, the next hit will kill - me or him. That's when I notice a MUDCRAB aproaching the bandit leader from behind. And right before the bandit leader is about to attack, it kills him.

...and I go: "ok, I took down the whole gang, so I'll just kill this little crab in one hit and..." the crab takes one hit, survives it, hit me back and kills me.

Beastly mudcrab. Takes down a bandit leader and the dragon born with two pimp-pinches.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 11-17-2011 at 02:25 AM.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I hate to be the one to tell you, but you could have avoided being attacked by Spriggans altogether in that quest, saving the lives of the people below as well. =x There's someone who is interested in travelling with you when you get that part of the quest, and if you take him with you, he will offer an alternative storyline for that quest once you are at the tree - if you talk to him before getting the sap.

On a sidenote, isn't that place one of the most beautiful spots in the game? Gorgeous!
    Ah I probably should've talked to the guy, I brought him with me but the poor sod got slaughter by spriggans lol

I just lose my companion, I told her to wait in the Companion base while I did the last part of Proving Honor. When I returned she was gone & to boot I had her carrying some rather handy weapons :/

Blog Entries

Ive killed 4 dragons and I havent even leveled up. (to be fair im only playing on adept and constantly use my companions for dragon fodder)
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I've not used companions at all unless they were part of a quest, so far. I think that's why I level up so much. I'm currently level 21, I think, and have most of my leveling done on One Handed Weapons (~60), Heavy Armour (~60), Smithing (~55), Destruction (~35), Restoration (~35) and Security/Lockpicking (~30). Archery, Block and Alchemy are possibly 30+ too, but I forget how high.

Killed about ten dragons so far, I think...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I've not used companions at all unless they were part of a quest, so far. I think that's why I level up so much. I'm currently level 21, I think, and have most of my leveling done on One Handed Weapons (~60), Heavy Armour (~60), Smithing (~55), Destruction (~35), Restoration (~35) and Security/Lockpicking (~30). Archery, Block and Alchemy are possibly 30+ too, but I forget how high.

Killed about ten dragons so far, I think...
    Yeah I've noticed since she's gone I'm leveling up much faster, went up 2 levels in space of 2 very short side quests. I used the blacksmith skill to make a superior version of a sword I have & that extra damage boost has made a huge difference against some of the nastier wild animals living in the wilds of Skyrim.

You couldn't of been more right about the fire breath either Loony BoB, in the short time I've had it it's been a god sent. SpoilerLast 2 dragons I killed had ice breath instead of fire, they were much easier to take down given I'm a Nord & have natural Frost resistance. I could literally take the ice breath head on no need to block & damage was minimal.

It seems like people are having a rip-roaring time with Skyrim, I'm going to have to dive deeper into this game soon! The dragons, giants and Spriggans sound really cool. And I'm really excited to see how the new quests, leveling system and speechcraft systems work.

I wanted to make some awesome gear so I leveled smithing up to 100 and filled out the perk tree. My dragon scale suit and daedric bow were nice, but I wanted them to have powerful enchantments so I leveled up enchanting to 100 and filled out that perk tree, too. By this point I had figured out that there were potions and gear that could actually enhance my enchanting and smithing abilities beyond their cap, so I leveled up alchemy to 100 and got the perks I needed to create the strongest versions of them. Now I'd realized that there were enchantments I could put on my gear to boost my alchemy to create even more powerful potions, so I used my potions of fortify enchantment to create a set. Now I was able to brew more powerful potions of fortify enchantment than I'd used before, which meant I could remake the same set I'd made to further boost my alchemy even further. Eventually this capped out and I was able to brew the most powerful potions possible, so I made a batch of godly elixirs of fortify enchantment and fortify smithing which allowed me to create what I believe to be the most poweful weapons and armor craftable in all of Skyrim. Then a guard cracked a baby joke about me as I walked by.

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    I wanted to make some awesome gear so I leveled smithing up to 100 and filled out the perk tree. My dragon scale suit and daedric bow were nice, but I wanted them to have powerful enchantments so I leveled up enchanting to 100 and filled out that perk tree, too. By this point I had figured out that there were potions and gear that could actually enhance my enchanting and smithing abilities beyond their cap, so I leveled up alchemy to 100 and got the perks I needed to create the strongest versions of them. Now I'd realized that there were enchantments I could put on my gear to boost my alchemy to create even more powerful potions, so I used my potions of fortify enchantment to create a set. Now I was able to brew more powerful potions of fortify enchantment than I'd used before, which meant I could remake the same set I'd made to further boost my alchemy even further. Eventually this capped out and I was able to brew the most powerful potions possible, so I made a batch of godly elixirs of fortify enchantment and fortify smithing which allowed me to create what I believe to be the most poweful weapons and armor craftable in all of Skyrim. Then a guard cracked a baby joke about me as I walked by.
    Haha, that was epic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous View Post
    Nice to see there are people who're playing more Skyrim then me, makes me feel better

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well I met a Hagraven

The experience was... less than pleasant

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, one of them decimated me in a quest that I had to put off for a half dozen levels.

Hagraven? What's that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Well I met a Hagraven

The experience was... less than pleasant
    Really? Did you meet it during a quest? If it's the one of thinking of I bitchslapped the crap out of it!

A Hargraven is best described as a witch