Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111525 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I did, and I beat the crap out of her the second time around!

Destruction is ungodly slow to level up This is a problem for a Destro mage! If I didn't have Lydia to hide behind, I don't even want to think about how boned I would be.

One day though, one day I will have enchants and perks and Expert Destruction spells and you better BELIEVE trout is going to get real at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post

Destruction is ungodly slow to level up This is a problem for a Destro mage! If I didn't have Lydia to hide behind, I don't even want to think about how boned I would be.

One day though, one day I will have enchants and perks and Expert Destruction spells and you better BELIEVE trout is going to get real at this point.
    Sucks about Destruction, those spells are almost as handy as Restoration magic. Good luck with your Expert destruction dream! ;P

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One day though, one day I will have enchants and perks and Expert Destruction spells and you better BELIEVE tit is going to get real at this point.
    You should try using higher level spells, I found they level you up a little quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post

One day though, one day I will have enchants and perks and Expert Destruction spells and you better BELIEVE tit is going to get real at this point.
    You should try using higher level spells, I found they level you up a little quicker.
    Good to know.

Blog Entries

Just met Falmers, they are just nasty!

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    Just met Falmers, they are just nasty!
    Falmer Gloomlurker especially!

[jiro]Double posting, bad! - J[/jiro]

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually I think the bigger problem is that I levelled the crap out of smithing and alchemy because that's how I roll, but they only indirectly help combat whilst fighting level 15 enemies with level 5 magic abilities just doesn't work. Especially as you a) can't poison your spells and b) I'm not wearing armor and c) I'm supposed to use magic not fancy forged swords! Dug myself into a hole. I'll probably leave Skyrim be for awhile now that SRTT is out and I suspect I might reroll and approach it with more discipline after that.

God damn the boys at Beth learned their lessons from Oblivion, I can't get over how great this game is. This is how games are meant to be done. Just walking from A to B you get mega distracted by "oooh that looks interesting" or "Oh hey a cave" or some random dude walks up to you and tells you to hold on to something for him. I walked all the way from Whiterun to High Hrothgar and it was SO GREAT and then I walked to Windhelm and from there to Winterhold and I got lost but that didn't matter, then I got smashed and woke up in freaking Markrath so I walked up to Dragon's Bridge and from there to Solitude which is the best city EVER.

Blog Entries

My first public youtube video ever!

Spread the word[/not spam]
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    My first public youtube video ever!

Spread the word[/not spam]
    Wow, that's a lucky find. I'm going to have to try that one myself!

Blog Entries

That's handy cheers

Actually I think the bigger problem is that I levelled the crap out of smithing and alchemy because that's how I roll, but they only indirectly help combat whilst fighting level 15 enemies with level 5 magic abilities just doesn't work. Especially as you a) can't poison your spells and b) I'm not wearing armor and c) I'm supposed to use magic not fancy forged swords! Dug myself into a hole. I'll probably leave Skyrim be for awhile now that SRTT is out and I suspect I might reroll and approach it with more discipline after that.

God damn the boys at Beth learned their lessons from Oblivion, I can't get over how great this game is. This is how games are meant to be done. Just walking from A to B you get mega distracted by "oooh that looks interesting" or "Oh hey a cave" or some random dude walks up to you and tells you to hold on to something for him. I walked all the way from Whiterun to High Hrothgar and it was SO GREAT and then I walked to Windhelm and from there to Winterhold and I got lost but that didn't matter, then I got smashed and woke up in freaking Markrath so I walked up to Dragon's Bridge and from there to Solitude which is the best city EVER.
    Sounds exciting, I've got to start playing this game for good - but I'm completely addicted to Eoff.

I highly recommend the following mods for anyone playing on PC:

FINALLY actual fixed female face normal maps at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community
    No Dirty Bodies - Caucasian Female Races at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

These made my character look a million times better. I really struggled to create an attractive looking character and basically gave up after a point, but it ended up working out once I put these mods into place. If you want to go a step further there is already a full nude mod.

Also, this one is just awesome:

Enhanced Night Skyrim at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim Mods and community

Blog Entries

I have the PS3 version so no modding for me! Whatever about being "attractive" my character is a muscle bound Nord with warpaint & a mohawk. I think he looks pretty badass if I do say so myself

Picked it up launch day... Only JUST hit level 11... I need more time to stay up and play instead of working. I'm on a mission right now to find dragons and words of power - my character was a fugitive Nord Swordhand (dual wield) and I've been maxing out my stamina - the idea is to power attack the trout out of everything before they have a chance to hit me. Once he found out about shouts he decided to get all the power he could as his failing grasp on heal and flames were the only magic he could learn.

Also he's obsessed with alchemy but only for the monetary gain possible from making effective potions.

Contributions
    • Contributions to EoFF Census project

I'm staying the smurf out of this thread to avoid spoilers, but I just stopped by to say that I love, love this game. I haven't been so pleasantly surprised from my low(ish) expectations since FFXII.

Blog Entries

I know nothing about this game and I haven't tried it myself. But, I saw my brother battling a Giant and he went flying? Is this normal? It looked disturbingly funny. Like I said, I know nothing about Skyrim, so I have no idea if it is "normal" to blast off like that every time.